GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

That high forehead, the nose? To me that's Izzy. I admit my scources are not the most reliable though. Tried to find something else but I failed. I'm pretty sure I once read about who plays who in the video. The girl walking down the streets, Axl looks after her, that's Michelle Young. Don't ask me why I know it, I just read it somewhere. Same with Izzy=dealer. Maybe someone else has got a more reliable article on it?

2 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

That high forehead, the nose? To me that's Izzy. I admit my scources are not the most reliable though. Tried to find something else but I failed. I'm pretty sure I once read about who plays who in the video. The girl walking down the streets, Axl looks after her, that's Michelle Young. Don't ask me why I know it, I just read it somewhere. Same with Izzy=dealer. Maybe someone else has got a more reliable article on it?

I just googled a bit and found it here: http://www.eeggs.com/items/2468.html

Can't find anything reliable though...

I'd never noticed in the clip, but I'm in the yes-camp. The features look like him and it would seem odd to have Axl and Slash there, and not Izzy. Duff and Steven also appear in the bedroom scene, so they are in it as well (off the stage, I mean). Plus the fact that Izzy was actually a dealer when Axl got to LA. Makes sense. Or am I mixing things up?

One other thing that makes me lean toward the believers is that pic of behind the scenes. It would seem more logical to me that Axl would be on that pic with one of his bandmates. I doubt a random extra would be in a pic with him like that. Which brings me to the last stage of my little theory: it would make more sense to pick one of their own as an extra in the video than paying some actor. Besides, if that girl really is Michelle, there wouldn't be anyone else in the video (except for the audience) than the 5 band members, plus some girl that was close to the band.

14 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

"I've been the dealer

Hangin' on your street" 

Now I'm wondering if this line from 14 Years was just Izzy talking about WTTJ video :lol:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Padme said:

"I've been the dealer

Hangin' on your street" 

Now I'm wondering if this line from 14 Years was just Izzy talking about WTTJ video :lol:

Duff described it in his book and I'm pretty sure Slash did as well. Also Izzy himself told he was dealing to the Aerosmith guys before AfD started... That's why I said it was method acting. He was living it.... ;) 

6 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Duff described it in his book and I'm pretty sure Slash did as well. Also Izzy himself told he was dealing to the Aerosmith guys before AfD started... That's why I said it was method acting. He was living it.... ;) 

Sorry, the only part I remember Slash talking in his book about WTTJ video. It was about him being the drunk guy in the opening scene. He was in fact drunk :lol: I don't remember what Duff said.

I don't rule out Izzy might have been a dealer. Very often people who buy and have an adiction are also dealers. About that scene in the video, maybe it is Izzy or maybe not

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I can see why you guys think that person is Izzy, because the body type is almost the same, the clothes and the shape of the face but there's something about him that doesnt look like Izzy at all. At least not to me. There's one frame of the video where you can see his face under the light and man, that's not Izzy :wacko:

Not sure that's Michelle Young either..... never read about it but who knows... I don't rule it out but I never heard of it. All I know is that the girl in bed with Steven, she's that Julianna we were debating here before, a girl who says she had a relationship with Axl too but he was deeply in love with Erin so she knew it wasn't going to work with her :shrugs:

Here I found the video treatment for WTTJ as written by the director, Nigel Dick.

http://www.nigeldick.com/about-dick/conceptual-dick/#6

As you can see, the main character is Axl and there's no mention of the other members of the band playing any roles.

And my last reason to not believe that guy is Izzy...... look, the guy has SHORT HAIR, even if combed like that, he has short hair.

Izzy never had short hair, much less in 1987. His hair was really long back then and you can check it out in any picture of that year.

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

And my last reason to not believe that guy is Izzy...... look, the guy has SHORT HAIR, even if combed like that, he has short hair.

Izzy never had short hair, much less in 1987. His hair was really long back then and you can check it out in any picture of that year.

The short hair!!! Damn... :wow: Now, I'm confused. :lol:

Tbh it hadn't crossed my mind that the dealer in the WTTJ was Izzy, and I couldn't find a reliable source about it, but I think he might be. He looks a lot like him.

And about the hair, it was quite short on the cover of the WTTJ single

Welcometothejungle.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Tbh it hadn't crossed my mind that the dealer in the WTTJ was Izzy, and I couldn't find a reliable source about it, but I think he might be. He looks a lot like him.

And about the hair, it was quite short on the cover of the WTTJ single

Welcometothejungle.jpg

Thanks. He has got long hair on stage in the vid but could have cut it later for the "street scenes" for whatever reasons.

This is a picture of Izzy from August, 1987. The WTTJ was shot in August that year:

izzy-stradlin-of-guns-and-roses-at-the-u

30 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Thanks. He has got long hair on stage in the vid but could have cut it later for the "street scenes" for whatever reasons.

Nope. That video was really short of budget so it was all done in a couple days.

All pictures of Izzy from 1987 are of him with really long hair. I have an archive of GN'R photos by date and I cant upload them here because Im not a paying member but I just checked.

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

yes I think it was Duff who mentioned it in his book.

ps. do u remember this guy named Kevin with whom Syd from GNRCentral have met last year? He's hardcore GNR fan, Im sure he knows if that is Izzy or not lol

Edited by Politania
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Politania said:

ps. do u remember this guy named Kevin with whom Syd from GNRCentral have met last year? He's hardcore GNR fan, Im sure he knows if that is Izzy or not lol

Was Kevin the fan who called in from Irland?

18 minutes ago, Politania said:

I dont know about the video, if this is Izzy or not acting as a dealer.  but I read Duffs book only half a year ago and also other sources : in real life Izzy was a dealer before afd came out as others already have stated here.

I love Izzy s songwriting skills and he is an important member of GNR but the fact he was a dealer does harm a lot his appearance. at least to me. Many of them did stupid things.. i think in the end Steven was the person that didn t cause harm to others but only to himself as well as Duff and Slash whereas Axl and izzy both caused violence (axl) and maybe death (izzy) by selling drugs. May not be popular...just my 2 cents..

17 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I know who you're talking about..... Maybe we should call Syd into this thread :ph34r:

:book:

@sidman69 hello? can you help us?

hey guys i saw i got called to the thread. So Kevin is a hardcore fan who lives in the states, not ireland. We met him out in LA and went to the staples center show. I can relay the question to kevin. So i'm guessing the question is, is whether izzy is the dealer in the Welcome to the Jungle video? Please clarify. 

• Like 1

Just now, sidman69 said:

hey guys i saw i got called to the thread. So Kevin is a hardcore fan who lives in the states, not ireland. We met him out in LA and went to the staples center show. I can relay the question to kevin. So i'm guessing the question is, is whether izzy is the dealer in the Welcome to the Jungle video? Please clarify. 

exactly Sid :):hug:

4 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

Hi! :D

Yes, that's the question. Someone here read somewhere (and there are many blogs and websites that state it) that Izzy Stradlin is the one who plays the role of the dealer who tries to sell drugs to Axl when he comes down from the bus.

I am like the only one person here thinking that actor is not Izzy and I have made an extensive research, only to find very unreliable sources stating it.

So we'd like to ask your friend Kevin if he has any more in depth info about the video, about that guy being Izzy or not and any other information about extras and people who was in that video.

Thanks a bunch!

Edited by killuridols

I checked on IMDB and he is credited as an actor in the WTTJ video, I have always believed it to be Izzy playing the dealer. Why else would he be given a credit for acting?

Never heard or read about Michelle Young being in the video though :shrugs:

Edited by janrichmond
spelling
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I checked on IMBD and he is credited as an actor in the WTTJ video, I have always believed it to be Izzy playing the dealer. Why else would he be given a credit for acting?

Im almost sure that i heard about Michelle in a documentry about GNR  on youtube... 

Edited by Politania

12 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I checked on IMDB and he is credited as an actor in the WTTJ video, I have always believed it to be Izzy playing the dealer. Why else would he be given a credit for acting?

All of them are credited as actors but as playing themselves.

Nowhere it says he plays the dealer.

Cast  

Steven Adler Steven Adler ...
Steven Adler
Guns N' Roses Guns N' Roses ...
Guns N' Roses
Duff McKagan Duff McKagan ...
Duff McKagan
Axl Rose Axl Rose ...
Axl Rose
Slash Slash ...
Slash
Izzy Stradlin Izzy Stradlin ...
Izzy Stradlin

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6353972/fullcredits/

10 minutes ago, Politania said:

Im almost sure that i heard about Michelle in a documentry about GNR  on youtube... 

Yeah, well, she's the Michelle from 'My Michelle' song and childhood friend of Slash so she's part of GN'R history.

Doesn't mean though that she was in the video..... Could be true or not.

But that woman in the video has blond hair, like highlights, and I don't think I ever saw Michelle with blond hair :shrugs:

12 minutes ago, Politania said:

You might have but this is the first time i've heard of it. It could be true but i think it would've been mentioned by Michelle herself at some point.

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

All of them are credited as actors but as playing themselves.

Ahh yes! it appears you are correct 

I still think it's Izzy though :bitchfight: