GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

My two cents: I always thought it was Izzy. I can't remember why though. I surely read it somewhere.

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I re-watched the video, and although the shot is too dark and it's difficult to see the details clearly, from some angles it looks that the the dealer guy may have a low thin ponytail hidden under the leather coat collar.

Also Izzy's outfit on this picture from Oct. 1987 looks identical (but then again long leather coats were common among them)

image.png.700230db5165944ee6edb04c5af16484.png

Iz looks like the guy in the video with that coat, not to mention the feet. Both Izzy and the guy in the vid have large feet for such small men.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2018 at 5:26 PM, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Early U2 still sounds really good.  Where The Streets Have No Name is still bloody awesome, hasn't aged a bit and the instant the vocal kicked in I started singing to it and remembered all the lyrics. Ha!  The Joshua Tree holds up real well.  It's their AFD.  And Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Years Day still pack a punch, Desire - that still kick ass - All I Want Is You ----aaarrrrghhh I forgot about that song :cry:----- heart wrenching!!!  It was always a harrowing song to me, I could barely listen to it, too painful.  One, I forgot about, beautiful song.  Beautiful Day, When Love Comes To Town...

OK, clearly U2 are not shyte even if the music they produced nowadays is more for wankers like @janrichmond said.  

TBH, I'd completely forgotten how good they were. 

I feel the same way. I love U2 but only their early stuff which was real heart busting rock. Their Joshua Tree tour last year was really special-  mostly just an evening under the stars on a beautiful night listing to Joshua Tree all the way through. They did a bunch a their newer over produced stuff towards the end which was fine with me because I could leave early and beat the clusterfuck stadium crowds out.

So, I was on eBay browsing and there is one seller who is selling a lot of GnR stuff, including that photo of Axl on the toilet for $199.  Christ, a spoof candid photo now on eBay, I'd also be paranoid about interacting with people. For all the Duff fans, the same seller is also selling a christmas card from Duff and Linda https://m.ebay.com/itm/Duff-Guns-Roses-RARE-3-5x7-1994-Christmas-Card-From-Duff-Linda-McKagan/232537353028?hash=item36244e6b44:g:HyQAAOSw8b1Z8SeM 

I love how sellers put the word rare in front of everything btw.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GuitarFanfromNYC said:

So, I was on eBay browsing and there is one seller who is selling a lot of GnR stuff, including that photo of Axl on the toilet for $199.  Christ, a spoof candid photo now on eBay, I'd also be paranoid about interacting with people. For all the Duff fans, the same seller is also selling a christmas card from Duff and Linda https://m.ebay.com/itm/Duff-Guns-Roses-RARE-3-5x7-1994-Christmas-Card-From-Duff-Linda-McKagan/232537353028?hash=item36244e6b44:g:HyQAAOSw8b1Z8SeM 

I love how sellers put the word rare in front of everything btw.

I find this so very disrespectful tbh it’s my humble opinion tho... to be selling stuff like that... I don’t know, maybe it’s just me

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gabrielaerojas said:

I find this so very disrespectful tbh it’s my humble opinion tho... to be selling stuff like that... I don’t know, maybe it’s just me

I agree. I mean selling setlists or whatever over time is ok I guess but selling personal items feels a little bit like a violation. That's why I didn't provide a link to the photo sale. We all know which photo it is.

Anyway, I find the random stuff that people try to sell amusing. Like an old (probably autopenned) holiday card.

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I looked up Nigel Dick, the director of the WTTJ video, and he has an active twitter account. Maybe someone could give it a try and ask him? (I don't have an account).

I only have a fan account with which I’m just fooling around. Maybe someone has got an account with somewhat more credit?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I found this picture of Izzy looking like the guy in the video, I mean the type of 'hairdo', but I have no idea what year this pic was taken.

efaLAFmv0DQ.jpg

He's carrying a guitar suitcase that says Axl? :question:

Cute pic. :wub: Axl was the name of their band very early on. ;) Also, because Izzal! :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

Cute pic. :wub: Axl was the name of their band very early on. ;) Also, because Izzal! :lol:

He looks very young in that pic, indeed..... so maybe is it from that time?

I'm not sure.... that was the only time this Izzy looks like the guy from the video but I still feel the guy in the video is older.

1 hour ago, Gabrielaerojas said:

:nervous: what is it that I have to ask? 

Maybe first tell him that you know he directed the videos of WTTJ, SCOM, PC, and Patience and congratulate him for his work. Then that you've always wondering about something in the WTTJ video:  is the guy who plays the dealer in the first shot, when Axl gets out of the bus, Izzy Stradlin? I'm not sure if you could also mention that there has been dispute among the fans about it :lol:

Edited by Blackstar

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Maybe first tell him that you know he directed the videos of WTTJ, SCOM, PC, and Patience and congratulate him for his work. Then that you've always wondering about something in the WTTJ video:  is the guy who plays the dealer in the first shot, when Axl gets out of the bus, Izzy Stradlin? I'm not sure if you could also mention that there has been dispute among the fans about it :lol:

HOW MANY CHARACTERS ARE YOU TRYING TO FIT INTO TWITTER? :lol:

---

Ok, I just touched my contacts and NO CERTAINTY about it. They promised they would try to reach out people from the crew and ask the question.

I can't believe Im' doing thisssssssssssss :rofl-lol:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

HOW MANY CHARACTERS ARE YOU TRYING TO FIT INTO TWITTER? :lol:

---

Ok, I just touched my contacts and NO CERTAINTY about it. They promised they would try to reach out people from the crew and ask the question.

I can't believe Im' doing thisssssssssssss :rofl-lol:

I told you, I don't have experience with twitter :lol:

Anyway, Nigel Dick had posted this, so he seems to be willing to reply

nigeltweet.jpg.1523cda23c5069425d549e1be4fad273.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

:nervous: Why am I shitting in my pants to do this? I’m a journalist for heaven’s sake. I’m not allowed to be intimidated/scared. Maybe if someone will word exactly what I have to ask I’ll copy/paste it? Ok, yeah, I’m a wuss... My 22 yrs of experience just went down the drain with this, I know. I’m scared of them. What can I say? :facepalm:

1 minute ago, Gabrielaerojas said:

:nervous: Why am I shitting in my pants to do this? I’m a journalist for heaven’s sake. I’m not allowed to be intimidated/scared. Maybe if someone will word exactly what I have to ask I’ll copy/paste it? Ok, yeah, I’m a wuss... My 22 yrs of experience just went down the drain with this, I know. I’m scared of them. What can I say? :facepalm:

:lol:

Ok, I'll help you:

@nigeldick hello! I have a question about #GNR's WTTJ video: is Izzy Stradlin the person who plays the role of drug dealer at the very beginning of it? Thank you!

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I found this picture of Izzy looking like the guy in the video, I mean the type of 'hairdo', but I have no idea what year this pic was taken.

efaLAFmv0DQ.jpg

He's carrying a guitar suitcase that says Axl? :question:

Doesn't Axl come off the bus in the video carrying that guitar case? Perhaps this photo is from the video shoot.

Guess I need to rewatch WTTJ to see about the guitar case to confirm that.

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

OMG LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Is the Steven figure the one with the chest hair or is that Duff? 

Just now, purplestargirl said:

Doesn't Axl come off the bus in the video carrying that guitar case? Perhaps this photo is from the video shoot.

Guess I need to rewatch WTTJ to see about the guitar case to confirm that.

Nope, he carries just an old suitcase....

"one bad mother put a rattlesnake suitcase under my arm" :ph34r:

• Like 1