GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

6 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

I've asked Kevin the question by email and will wait for his response. In the meantime here's a video of him showing off his use your illusion tour books that the band specifically had and the crew used on the UYI tour. 

Thank you, Sidman. That's awesome. Until then Women's Thread waits with anticipation. :lol:

200.gif

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 1

Just now, Tori72 said:

Linked it before. Was being rejected as not reliable :lol: (which is a valid point).

I wanna make a survey in the forum until Kevin answers Sidman. :rofl-lol:

Tbh, I always thought it was common knowledge that Izzy was the dealer in the video 🤷🏾‍♀️

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

It's Izzy!

original.gif

giphy.gif

50 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Tbh, I always thought it was common knowledge that Izzy was the dealer in the video 🤷🏾‍♀️

How is it common knowledge? :question:

I don't think it is.

Edited by killuridols

1 minute ago, sidman69 said:

thanks! So I talked to Kevin and according to him he says it is definitely izzy who plays the dealer. Kevin did say it would be cool or he would be up for doing an "ask the GNR expert" or superfan weekly thing where you can ask him about the band. He'd also love to do a weekly trivia thing where he asks some questions about the band. 

I like this idea...maybe Geoff should chime in too.

4 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

thanks! So I talked to Kevin and according to him he says it is definitely izzy who plays the dealer. Kevin did say it would be cool or he would be up for doing an "ask the GNR expert" or superfan weekly thing where you can ask him about the band. He'd also love to do a weekly trivia thing where he asks some questions about the band. 

Is that all he said? :question:

I would like to talk to him... does he have an account here? How would people ask him stuff?

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I'm sorry but just because someone says it is WITHOUT ANY BACKING UP INFORMATION it doesn't mean it is.

I would have liked to get a better response, with some more substance.

True, but at the same token, just because someone says that it isn’t without any burden of proof doesn’t mean it isn’t either.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I'm sorry but just because someone says it is WITHOUT ANY BACKING UP INFORMATION it doesn't mean it is.

I would have liked to get a better response, with some more substance.

What would you actually need to believe? from what source?

Edited by janrichmond
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

True, but at the same token, just because someone says that it isn’t without any burden of proof doesn’t mean it isn’t either.

Then why everybody's acting like they won the World Cup if so far we have no serious proven proof that it is Izzy?

:question:

All I said is that I think he is not Izzy and I've been trying to find elements to back it up. There's very little information about the making of this video so it is hard.

11 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

What would you actually need to believe? from what source?

It would be great to find a script, storyboard or some document where the details of the making of video are written down. All videos, advertisement pieces and films have something like that.

Not sure if this even exists for WTTJ. The closest I could find was the video treatment that director Nigel Dick posted on his website, but there's no mention of anyone else other than Axl.

So if that's not possible, I guess what is left is the verbal testimony of people who worked in the video.

I found some comments from Steven Adler, about how it was so hard to get girls to participate in the video and from Alan Niven about the movies from where the video "steals" its concept.

Opinions are opinions but not facts and so far, all we got are opinions, not real information about it.

5 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

they could just send me a message or email. Kevin i don't think has an account here. 

How come he doesn't have an account in the most important forum of GN'R?

I'd like to talk to him without intermediaries so it is bad he doesn't have an account here. Maybe he should consider it.

Edited by killuridols

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Then why everybody's acting like they won the World Cup if so far we have no serious proven proof that it is Izzy?

:question:

Lol! You're being so @killuridols right now. :lol: 

To answer your question: Because I need some fun and this is. :lol:

I agree with you it is just another opinion but at least from someone who as been called an Izzy expert. 

I am sure we will be able to find some comments from back in the day somewhere that say who played who. The information will come to us, I can feel it. ;)

• Like 1

I re-watched the video, and although the shot is too dark and it's difficult to see the details clearly, from some angles it looks that the the dealer guy may have a low thin ponytail hidden under the leather coat collar.

Also Izzy's outfit on this picture from Oct. 1987 looks identical (but then again long leather coats were common among them)

image.png.700230db5165944ee6edb04c5af16484.png

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It would be great to find a script, storyboard or some document where the details of the making of video are written down. All videos, advertisement pieces and films have something like that.

Not sure if this even exists for WTTJ. The closest I could find was the video treatment that director Nigel Dick posted on his website, but there's no mention of anyone else other than Axl.

So if that's not possible, I guess what is left is the verbal testimony of people who worked in the video.

I found some comments from Steven Adler, about how it was so hard to get girls to participate in the video and from Alan Niven about the movies from where the video "steals" its concept.

Opinions are opinions but not facts and so far, all we got are opinions, not real information about it.

I will be doing 'homework' and looking for proof :P

It is Izzy though :bitchfight:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

Lol! You're being so @killuridols right now. :lol: 

To answer your question: Because I need some fun and this is. :lol:

I agree with you it is just another opinion but at least from someone who as been called an Izzy expert. 

I am sure we will be able to find some comments from back in the day somewhere that say who played who. The information will come to us, I can feel it. ;)

1f614.png

I am sorry.... I have... 'issues'..... and when Im on my way to find out the truth about something I can't have fun or any other distracting feeling 1f633.png

Is Kevin an Izzy expert? I didn't know this.... I thought the guy who's in contact with Izzy is the "Izzy expert" of the forum and he does have an account here.

You know, I don't wanna go lengths and call myself an "expert" of anything but I've been a fan of this band for so long that I consider myself a person pretty much knowledgeable about Guns N' Roses.

I am not a collector because I can't afford to be one and I lost all the old physical material I had from the band due to my constant moving out of places, but I will not put myself down before "super fans", as I think I can answer the majority of questions about the band.

• Like 2