GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

10 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

Frizzy but not curly? Whatever it is, it looks weird on him. I prefer the curls.

It's been that way ever since he started losing his hair. I don't think it's his choice. :shrugs: You can see the texture difference in this picture too

8 minutes ago, Zoot said:

It's been that way ever since he started losing his hair. I don't think it's his choice. :shrugs: You can see the texture difference in this picture too

As a person with ethnic hair, I can tell you that we often have multi textured hair. My hair tends to be more straight in the front, but very curly in the back. Honestly, Slash’s problem is that he doesn’t put any oil on his scalp...that alone would make it look more healthy. I’m sure Ola had to give him that speech on numerous occasions.

I’m now reading/listening to the Heroin Diaries....WOW! It surprised me to know just how many people he associated with during addictions. To find out he dated Vanity....that one was a real shock to me. But what shocked me further was that he said it her who showed him how to really cook up and smoke rock. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

@Gabrielaerojas sorry about the confusion....I was talking about Nikki Sixx’s book the Heroin Diaries...he dated Prince’s backup singer Vanity for awhile and really got him smoking freebase (aka crack ) 

Oh! I admire you for reading that book. I can’t bring myself to read that. Same that I can’t read Adler’s book. Those stories really get to me. All that has to do with addiction, especially heroin addiction, I can’t. I’d cry just reading the first page. Makes me extremely sad and depressed. To read first hand stories is very intense.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Thanks for posting this, still out of likes, dammit.  I think it's a great pic.  Looks natural, no shades or hats.  His hair looks fine to me, don't see any issue with it, looks curly - there's a nice long one down his neck, with a bit of frizz up top from where he's been couch surfing. LOL  

Doesn't look stoned to me, looks pretty darn sexy actually.  Like he's been having his afternoon nanna nap and just woke up. :lol:  God, Slash, he must have cabin fever by now....he's gonna go stir crazy if he doesn't have more to fill his time over the next few months.

8 hours ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

I’m now reading/listening to the Heroin Diaries....WOW! It surprised me to know just how many people he associated with during addictions. To find out he dated Vanity....that one was a real shock to me. But what shocked me further was that he said it her who showed him how to really cook up and smoke rock. 

Was just about to order this - do you recommend?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Thanks for posting this, still out of likes, dammit.  I think it's a great pic.  Looks natural, no shades or hats.  His hair looks fine to me, don't see any issue with it, looks curly - there's a nice long one down his neck, with a bit of frizz up top from where he's been couch surfing. LOL  

Doesn't look stoned to me, looks pretty darn sexy actually.  Like he's been having his afternoon nanna nap and just woke up. :lol:  God, Slash, he must have cabin fever by now....he's gonna go stir crazy if he doesn't have more to fill his time over the next few months.

Yes I recommend, it’s very honest and not watered down.

Yep, it was funny working the night shift going from 2017 into 2018 and being like 'but I came to work in 2017 and didn't leave until 2018' :lol: Still keep on writing 2017! 

Just been to the Harley World up the road from me and they had a GnR hoodie in there with the local dealers logo on the back, too big for me :( The guy said he'll try and get some more though. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I can't stress enough how true this is (doing the rounds on twitter).  This will be me tomorrow. :lol:

apJyXfh.png

LOL - that 2016 should read 2017...and I am bound to make that mistake! 

This is me all over today, I need another holiday! 

This is how I feel about being back at work: 

Luckily I am working from home at the moment...which meant I finally had some time to listen to the CD vinyl I bought the other day!!:awesomeface:

I have never listened to it all the way through or to every song before, I only know what I heard at the London show I went to. Much to my own surprise...I didnt hate it!!! I also have to be honest and say I didn't absolutely love it either, I feel very in the middle. Its just a bit different to their other stuff, and I guess its just something I need to get used to. Favourite songs were There was a time, and This I love. Street of Dreams was my least favourite, I had to really persevere with the song and force myself to listen to it because I really didnt like the sound of Axl's voice at the beginning.

Edited by Wheredowegomeow
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:smiley-confused2:

I just came to say that I think Nikki Sixx is :drool: :drool: :drool: in that interview!!!

:ph34r:

Alright. :D He's not my type.

Although I came in to say that I think Slash actually is :drool: :drool: :drool: in that couch surfer pic with Meegan. :lol:  He could be stoned, I admit, but he could also be just relaxed and happy. 

I also really liked Slash's voice in that interview with Nikki Sixx. Not as sexy as Izzys soft and soothing voice. Of course.

I wish for all of you a very healthy 2018

Beta put in Instagram a picture of the moon from last night...between the comments adulating her, Melissa Reese made this one:

Why so excited for a merely 20 dates more in june????

• themelissareeseHappy new year Beta!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sending so much love and big hugs to everyone!!!! So excited for this year!!!! 😆😆😆
  • Like 2

Slash on Nikki Sixx was one of the most lovely things of 2017

He looks healthy, very fit and that voice to die for.....

And for Nikki Sixx he is looking better than when he was in Motley Crue....but talks a lot...

I absolutely cannot wait to see what #2018 brings - both professionally and personally!!! TY to my friends and fam, i love u guys with all my heart, and THANK YOU to my amazing musical fam (#gnr / #gunsnroses) - Can’t waaaaaaiiiittttt to go even *more* huge with you next year ❤️😎❤️.... 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Slash on Nikki Sixx was one of the most lovely things of 2017

He looks healthy, very fit and that voice to die for.....

And for Nikki Sixx he is looking better than when he was in Motley Crue....but talks a lot...

I absolutely cannot wait to see what #2018 brings - both professionally and personally!!! TY to my friends and fam, i love u guys with all my heart, and THANK YOU to my amazing musical fam (#gnr / #gunsnroses) - Can’t waaaaaaiiiittttt to go even *more* huge with you next year ❤️😎❤️.... 

Thanks for sparking up more speculations. :D I do think Melissa is only self-promoting. I don't know. As much as I want to believe in new music she comes across as boasting here... 

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

Alright. :D He's not my type.

Although I came in to say that I think Slash actually is :drool: :drool: :drool: in that couch surfer pic with Meegan. :lol:  He could be stoned, I admit, but he could also be just relaxed and happy. 

I also really liked Slash's voice in that interview with Nikki Sixx. Not as sexy as Izzys soft and soothing voice. Of course.

What's your type? :question:

I don't know if I have a type... I usually just like someone and that's it.... they usually look blonde or with colored eyes, lol, but in this case... I don't know... I think he looks particularly sexy and hot in that video with Slash.

I didn't feel the same for Slash... I guess I dont like his white beard... makes him look crappy but Nikki was fantastic and I can't believe he's almost 60 years old!!! :wow:

27 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Yeah, for some reason I found him attractive now and not back then but to be honest I never saw his face back then :rofl-lol: (under all that hair :ph34r:)

I really dont care that he talks too much...... he should keep talking and making those faces to the camera because its :drool:

LOL

----

I think there are possibilities of new music this year if Melissa, Fernando, everybody are hinting stuff.... we should not dismiss it, just keep it there and put the clues together one by one :shades:

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What's your type? :question:

I don't know if I have a type... I usually just like someone and that's it.... they usually look blonde or with colored eyes, lol, but in this case... I don't know... I think he looks particularly sexy and hot in that video with Slash.

I didn't feel the same for Slash... I guess I dont like his white beard... makes him look crappy but Nikki was fantastic and I can't believe he's almost 60 years old!!! :wow:

Yeah, for some reason I found him attractive now and not back then but to be honest I never saw his face back then :rofl-lol: (under all that hair :ph34r:)

I really dont care that he talks too much...... he should keep talking and making those faces to the camera because its :drool:

LOL

----

I think there are possibilities of new music this year if Melissa, Fernando, everybody are hinting stuff.... we should not dismiss it, just keep it there and put the clues together one by one :shades:

Nikki does look great if he nearly is 60. Amazing. After all those drugs! He's attractive but he "doesn't do things for me" as they say.

I don't really have a type either. lol. Just didn't know what to diplomatically say, above. I tend do go for all sorts of haircolour, bodytype and such. In real life it is more a combination of looks, behaviour, style, voice (always find voice very important) and especially WHAT the man is saying. I'd always get wobbly knees for a young Axl as well as Izzy in all ages. :drool:

4 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

In real life it is more a combination of looks, behaviour, style, voice (always find voice very important) and especially WHAT the man is saying. I'd always get wobbly knees for a young Axl as well as Izzy in all ages. :drool:

Yes, I know what you mean.... but here Im just talking from what I saw in the video.... maybe I'd watch another video of Nikki and found him horrible :lol:

Sometimes I see people on the street and I think they are hot but it dies there.... :shrugs:..... a bigger attraction could happen for other reasons, as you say, when you actually meet someone and get to talk to them, or hear them talk, express themselves, their behavior, ideas, etc...

I just liked this Nikki from this very quick interview thing and I wont put much further thought on it, lol.

Somehow I was fantasizing as well that this conversation would have been awesome if Axl had been part of it.... Why is he so difficult?

That's another thing that puts me off... his reluctancy to talk and be normal or hang out with other musicians.

5 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I`ve bought Heroin diaries for "research" purposes - I was making a lecture about junkies. I really liked it and recommend. Brutally honest. That man is somehow really intelligent, sensitive and good observer. During holidays I`ve read Janis Joplin - Scars of sweet paradise, also really good read - biography with good insight on Little Girl Blue, so different from women of her generation, disowned by her family, her town, her state, never understanding that she`s lovable, trying to fill that big empty space inside with heroin.

Edited by Alja

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes, I know what you mean.... but here Im just talking from what I saw in the video.... maybe I'd watch another video of Nikki and found him horrible :lol:

Sometimes I see people on the street and I think they are hot but it dies there.... :shrugs:..... a bigger attraction could happen for other reasons, as you say, when you actually meet someone and get to talk to them, or hear them talk, express themselves, their behavior, ideas, etc...

I just liked this Nikki from this very quick interview thing and I wont put much further thought on it, lol.

Somehow I was fantasizing as well that this conversation would have been awesome if Axl had been part of it.... Why is he so difficult?

That's another thing that puts me off... his reluctancy to talk and be normal or hang out with other musicians.

I know what you mean. Sometimes people / artists seem to be great and attractive in one interview and maybe not in the next. 

I don't remember who told me about NIkki Sixx and the things he talks about in his book and also other people talked about him in their books / interviews. So apparantly the things he and Tommy whatshisname did was making GnR into choirboys. THAT info is putting me off forever... Ugh!

So, Axl not hanging out with other musicians. I don't know either. He always did that. I remember several interviews as well as quotes from Slash's book that he never was around. So, it's just Axl. Maybe part of his life-long depression? I don't get it either.

I think Nikki looks cute.  I like him a lot.  He doesn't shut up though, which is hilarious, because he even says that in the interview and I'm like, yeah, Nikki, let Slash talk!  Mind you, he was much better in the second half of the interview with Joe Perry.  Much less talking/interrupting.  It was great that second half - conversation really flowed. 

Would LOVE a similar interview with Axl, Slash and Duff but somehow, I don't think this will happen.  I don't know that Axl is being 'difficult' just probably couldn't be arsed dealing with all the questions.  He was pretty chilled for the China Exchange though wasn't he?  Maybe if an album comes out there'll be press release with all three then?

Just now, Alja said:

I`ve bought Heroine diaries for "research" purposes - I was making a lecture about junkies. I really liked it and recommend. Brutally honest. That man is somehow both really intelligent, sensitive and good observer. During holidays I`ve read Janis Joplin - Scars of sweet paradise, also really good read - biography with good insight on Little Girl Blue, so different from women of her generation, disowned by her family, her town, her state, never understanding that she`s lovable, trying to fill that big empty space inside with heroin.

Thanks for the recommendation.  I'm keen on any stories about personal transformation and overcoming obstacles (why I love Duff so much) and I like the way Nikki comes across.  I'm definitely ordering this once it comes back in stock!

12 minutes ago, killuridols said:

that is very strange for me to understand about Axl. I dont understand him :(

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Another lost opportunity:facepalm:

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I don't remember who told me about NIkki Sixx and the things he talks about in his book and also other people talked about him in their books / interviews. So apparantly the things he and Tommy whatshisname did was making GnR into choirboys. THAT info is putting me off forever... Ugh!

LOL I have no doubts about that :lol:

Never read his book but maybe when I have time I get it and read it :shrugs:..... Just like with GN'R, one has hopes that these guys learned something from it and evolved and changed their ways. I really dont know much about Nikki so I guess in this case IGNORANCE IS BLISS :lol:.... all I know is that he had 3 major women in his life and has many children. One of them, a daugther, does not want to use his last name or something and doesnt want to do anything with him so.... that sucks.

7 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

So, Axl not hanging out with other musicians. I don't know either. He always did that. I remember several interviews as well as quotes from Slash's book that he never was around. So, it's just Axl. Maybe part of his life-long depression? I don't get it either.

Yeah, well, talking to people wouldn't hurt him, you know? LOL

Just excuses to be an ogre....... if he wants to do it, it comes out cool when he does..... like those interviews with Baz, he was fucking great, funny, told lots of stories.

I understand that interviews can be a drag if done with a journalist but this is musicians talk, its supposed to be relaxed and cool..... Nikki was not incisive with his questions, it was more a chat of friends or better said, music colleagues..... cant be such a stress to do that, please.