GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

4 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Thanks for the recommendation.  I'm keen on any stories about personal transformation and overcoming obstacles (why I love Duff so much) and I like the way Nikki comes across.  I'm definitely ordering this once it comes back in stock!

I am a little scared of biographies like this. Addictions really depress me. GnR and Nikki Sixx and those people are exceptional examples of severe addicts who miraculously all survived and also did not die of later ruin of organs. So, I don't dare reading those things. It also makes me severely panicky regarding my kids. When I hear that Izzy's mum is so cool and great and likeable my blood freezes in my vains. How can a mum like that not like built up more strength in her kid? Not saying it is all due to mothers/parents but ugh ... Scary shit to me. 

Nevertheless I quickly google researched. There apparantly is a graphic novel on Heroin Diaries. Found a german article only ... https://www.rockhard.de/news/newsarchiv/newsansicht/48913-nikki-sixx-the-heroin-diaries-erscheint-als-graphic-novel.html

4 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I love Izzy with all my heart, but he not aged well...I'm sorry to say

He might look older than he acutally is but I think he looks cute. And sexy. I really do. :wub:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I am a little scared of biographies like this. Addictions really depress me. GnR and Nikki Sixx and those people are exceptional examples of severe addicts who miraculously all survived and also did not die of later ruin of organs. So, I don't dare reading those things. It also makes me severely panicky regarding my kids. When I hear that Izzy's mum is so cool and great and likeable my blood freezes in my vains. How can a mum like that not like built up more strength in her kid? Not saying it is all due to mothers/parents but ugh ... Scary shit to me. 

Nevertheless I quickly google researched. There apparantly is a graphic novel on Heroin Diaries. Found a german article only ... https://www.rockhard.de/news/newsarchiv/newsansicht/48913-nikki-sixx-the-heroin-diaries-erscheint-als-graphic-novel.html

omg don't get me started on fear for my kids.  It's a genuine, horrible fear I have that they will get involved with either smoking, drinking or drugs, or all of those.  I don't know what I'll do when/if they start experimenting.  I'm going to go insane.  I just have to hope I've brought them up with enough common sense and self-respect I guess, to not push it too far? 

I don't normally read these kinds of biographies/autobiographies either.  It's just that Nikki has got my interest up, plus he's into photography and art, and that makes me interested in knowing more about him.  

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Somehow I was fantasizing as well that this conversation would have been awesome if Axl had been part of it.... Why is he so difficult?

That's another thing that puts me off... his reluctancy to talk and be normal or hang out with other musicians.

7 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

So, Axl not hanging out with other musicians. I don't know either. He always did that. I remember several interviews as well as quotes from Slash's book that he never was around. So, it's just Axl. Maybe part of his life-long depression? I don't get it either.

He learned hard way to stay silent. He was all talkative and sharing in early days of GNR, but when media started to fudge what he said, he stopped to share and started to be cautious. It`s his ultimate defense and way to protect his thin skin.

I think he is difficult to be understood even by people with who he can be all himself. Not masses who are hungry for sensations and/or or over analyzing. I loved Duff`s ave on Axl: "Some shit goes through his head and...whoa!"

Axl is around when he wants to and disappears when he wants to. It`s normal for people who`s mind is constantly buzzing and who are intensely perceptive, the need to have much private time and space (Patience outro, it goes like a red line all through his life)

2 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Thanks for the recommendation.  I'm keen on any stories about personal transformation and overcoming obstacles (why I love Duff so much) and I like the way Nikki comes across.  I'm definitely ordering this once it comes back in stock!

Aaaand that`s why I love my e-book, precious little acquire is home in minutes (and always fits good in handbag). Going for Bob Dylan next. I can also mark and quickly search - I feel bad when I do this to paper books. 

14 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I like those junkies biographies so I can go with them through things I really, really don`t want to try. Their stories also help me to deal with real-life junkies or recovery addicts I meet. Those book are fulfilled with precious details that could be difficult to get from another sources (and that`s why I decided to do that lecture first. My analyzing mind needs constant feed :ph34r:). All I can do for junkies is somehow make them feel being accepted and human being, using ones usually expect that they are junk for everyone. It may not work, but it may be a little thing which would motivate them to reassess their attitude. It`s precious feeling when that junkie definitely gets it, they are of the most responsive ones. It`s mix of factors which must meet to become a junkie, you can`t influence all. Making a safe, accepting environment is beneficial prevention :awesomeface:.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Alja said:

He learned hard way to stay silent. He was all talkative and sharing in early days of GNR, but when media started to fudge what he said, he stopped to share and started to be cautious. It`s his ultimate defense and way to protect his thin skin.

I think he is difficult to be understood even by people with who he can be all himself. Not masses who are hungry for sensations and/or or over analyzing. I loved Duff`s ave on Axl: "Some shit goes through his head and...whoa!"

Axl is around when he wants to and disappears when he wants to. It`s normal for people who`s mind is constantly buzzing and who are intensely perceptive, the need to have much private time and space (Patience outro, it goes like a red line all through his life)

And this is why I will always love that man. 

• Thanks 1

@Alja I'm going to dissent about Axl and interviews.

If you saw China Exchange he was relaxed and happy....

He doesn't do interviews, God only knows why...but is ridiculous.

And I agree about being around musicians...he doesn't do that and it's a fucking shame....how many really famous musicians can tell they have interacted with Axl in some form in the last years? I only know of Angus, Sebastian Bach and Neil Young in some degree

I think Axl is great in interviews as well.  He was on form for China Exchange.  I do wish he'd give us more, but what seems easy to us might be a difficult process for him for whatever reason.  I don't know.  It's like, my dream to have all three of them do a relaxed Nikki Sixx style interview. lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

@Alja I'm going to dissent about Axl and interviews.

If you saw China Exchange he was relaxed and happy....

He doesn't do interviews, God only knows why...but is ridiculous.

And I agree about being around musicians...he doesn't do that and it's a fucking shame....how many really famous musicians can tell they have interacted with Axl in some form in the last years? I only know of Angus, Sebastian Bach and Neil Young in some degree

I like China exchange one, he pointed some things really well. There were also few other interviews in the beginning of 2016, but not many more. I swear I would love some, about songwritting and overall music, for example, or a collection of essays on this. He is lyricist, after all. But, at the end, he doesn`t owe anything to anyone. All his life he has been acting by his own rules with all the consequences. And he is private.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Pink, Billy Joel, Billy Gibbons, Dave Grohl, some guys from Anthrax, Munky from Korn...

But I get ya point! :lol: Axl should do more interviews - he comes across great in them   :shrugs:

Yeah, but those were performances.... we are talking about hanging out.... sharing things, anecdotes, tips, a nice chat...

Maybe he does it in private, who knows, but Im sure it is rare for him to relax around other musicians.

In that Slash interview with Nikki, then comes Joe Perry and joins them like nothing.... and he is a famous guy too, rock icon..... it's like Axl acts as if he was some sort of God..... it's stupid.

Just now, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I think Axl is great in interviews as well.  He was on form for China Exchange.  I do wish he'd give us more, but what seems easy to us might be a difficult process for him for whatever reason.  I don't know.  It's like, my dream to have all three of them do a relaxed Nikki Sixx style interview. lol

me too. It's so surprsing for non GNR fans, who asked me if they got together interview, and I has to tell them that they didn't They couldnt believe it :shrugs:

8 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Pink, Billy Joel, Billy Gibbons, Dave Grohl, some guys from Anthrax, Munky from Korn...

But I get ya point! :lol: Axl should do more interviews - he comes across great in them   :shrugs:

Edit: forgot Lenny Kravitz - he bragged to him about having a girl in the band. Should never forget Lenny lol 

You are so right..my apologies

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

it's like Axl acts as if he was some sort of God..... it's stupid.

No, I don't think is that...I remember China Exchange and what struck me more was when Sir David tell him that it was sold out and Axl says that he didn't get why people came to see him

Just now, killuridols said:

Yeah, but those were performances.... we are talking about hanging out.... sharing things, anecdotes, tips, a nice chat...

Maybe he does it in private, who knows, but Im sure it is rare for him to relax around other musicians.

In that Slash interview with Nikki, then comes Joe Perry and joins them like nothing.... and he is a famous guy too, rock icon..... it's like Axl acts as if he was some sort of God..... it's stupid.

There's pics of him with some of the artists from backstage and like I said he talked to Lenny Kravitz, he must've talked to the others too. 

Who knows though indeed. 

Even though the China Exchange forum was the best we're gonna get from Axl in years, lol, and he was spontaneous and cool.... I didn't like the way it was conducted by that guy.

I wish he would have let Axl give longer explanations to those questions or not get interrupted by that guy who was very arrogant at the time.

That's why I think those Q&A are awful and I prefer the format that Nikki Sixx is using (and other podcasters/youtubers) because its more like a chat, a conversation among colleagues.

So, in that regard, the radio interview by Eddie Trunk is the best.... and so is the Howard Stern one from 1990.

That was a real Axl, the one who can shine when he lets himself go and gets rid of his own demons.

6 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

No, I don't think is that...I remember China Exchange and what struck me more was when Sir David tell him that it was sold out and Axl says that he didn't get why people came to see him

I don't think he actually believes that... it was more like a joke and falsa modestia :shrugs:

He has that sort of self-deprecating humor but he's got a big ego for real.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Latest video of Classless Act, they are really proud of Slash being in GNR:rofl-lol:

And someone's watching a video from a GN'R show on YouTube!! :wow:

1 minute ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Really, I dind't feel that way...same as the interviews with AC/DC...but is my perception.

Do you really think he believes no one would go see him?

If that had happened Im sure he'd be worried...... The guy IS expecting his fans, his venue sold out and lots of fans asking for his autograph.