The MyGnR 80-Song Marathon

Blackstar

1 hour ago, soon said:

I didnt know anyone else knew it!  Other then my Dad who introduced me to it.  Its certainly a good festive number with cathartic lyrics, some playful horns, some yearning horns and a solid groove.  Will have to try it with a night cap

<perk> night cap?? :D

29 minutes ago, soon said:

No.

:lol:

yeah.....NO vote here s well! 

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

:) raising a glass to you

Maybe we could have a sub forum for bands such as Motley Crue?  Even a thread for the strippers who sang lead vocals on their farewell tour.:smiley-confused2:

Just now, marlingrl03 said:

Ditto! Liked them since I was 14 way back when. :)

They were the 1st band I really got into, even before GN'R when I was, like 11. Never got to see them live back then but went along when they did the comeback tour about 10 years ago and it was one of the best gigs I've been to, just fantastic, obviously there's a lot of nostalgia attached to it but I just love them. Saw them on the farewell tour a couple of years ago and that was brilliant as well. :D

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

oh eff it....ok i don't LIKE a lot of their songs but i think chubby old Vince Neil is cute and i admire the heck out of Mick Mars. i ill permit it! :lol:

1 minute ago, bucketfoot said:

They were the 1st band I really got into, even before GN'R when I was, like 11. Never got to see them live back then but went along when they did the comeback tour about 10 years ago and it was one of the best gigs I've been to, just fantastic, obviously there's a lot of nostalgia attached to it but I just love them. Saw them on the farewell tour a couple of years ago and that was brilliant as well. :D

i was into *whispers* Poison when i was a tween ( i hated that term by the way! ) and i still kinda sorta like Bret Michaels :lol:

2 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

I remember enjoying the single form the come back album in the late 90s or whenever that was

7 minutes ago, soon said:

:) raising a glass to you

Maybe we could have a sub forum for bands such as Motley Crue?  Even a thread for the strippers who sang lead vocals on their farewell tour.:smiley-confused2:

Bands such as Motley Crue! How dare you! :lol: The way I look at music is kind of how I look at food right? Sometimes I want a nice gourmet steak with all of the trimmings and sometimes I just want a big greasy cheeseburger with chips (fries) and Motley Crue are the best cheeseburger you'll ever eat (if that makes sense?) :lol:

Just now, bucketfoot said:

Bands such as Motley Crue! How dare you! :lol: The way I look at music is kind of how I look at food right? Sometimes I want a nice gourmet steak with all of the trimmings and sometimes I just want a big greasy cheeseburger with chips (fries) and Motley Crue are the best cheeseburger you'll ever eat (if that makes sense?) :lol:

it does.  and the strippers who sang lead vocals on the farewell tour are the milkshakes?  :lol:

12 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

oh eff it....ok i don't LIKE a lot of their songs but i think chubby old Vince Neil is cute and i admire the heck out of Mick Mars. i ill permit it! :lol:

You do seem to like chubby Vince, you've mentioned that a couple of times now. :lol:

13 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i was into *whispers* Poison when i was a tween ( i hated that term by the way! ) and i still kinda sorta like Bret Michaels :lol:

Oh not another one into Poison! :facepalm: Whiskey Rose is bad enough with that shit! :lol: One of the few Hair Metal bands I never liked as a kid.

14 minutes ago, soon said:

I remember enjoying the single form the come back album in the late 90s or whenever that was

That's probably 'Afraid' you're talking about, when they went a bit grunge, great song (but I would say that:lol:)

1 minute ago, bucketfoot said:

That's probably 'Afraid' you're talking about, when they went a bit grunge, great song (but I would say that:lol:)

yeah, Afraid - thats the one!  When I tried to remember it all I could hear was Beds Are Burning for some reason.   I wasn't a huge grunge fan, but maybe that helped it be more familiar in that era.

7 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

You do seem to like chubby Vince, you've mentioned that a couple of times now. :lol:

Oh not another one into Poison! :facepalm: Whiskey Rose is bad enough with that shit! :lol: One of the few Hair Metal bands I never liked as a kid.

you're not a chick! ;)

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose