Egypt Terrorist Attack. 28 Coptic Christians Killed (possibly more). Radical Islamic ISIS takes credit for attack.

Ace Nova

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Hmmm.  I never thought that when I spoke in favour of core Christan values I was going to be demeaned by Christians.

oh, my Bible reading person is at the door.  Gotta run. :lol:

I did not mean to demean you.  If I did, I apologize.  I am not perfect and sometimes I can be offensive.  That was not my intention. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxlisOld said:

Uh, this kind of has a lot to do with God.

Religious follower calling other peoples' minds simplistic? Really? 

"Read it the way it was meant to be read"

Literally? Read it literally? Because that's not gonna make Christianity look good.

Who's a religious follower?

Before you demean me, maybe take a look at what you say.

Yes, the way it was meant to be read.  

Why would it make Christians look bad?  

Because it was written 2000 years ago and times were different back then?

Go read some history.  Read some history of mankind.  We were animals.  That's us.  That's who we were.

You're going to blame the Bible for that? 

Just now, Kasanova King said:

They are obsessed with a false god.  No different than people obessesed with money or anything else.  They invoke the name of baal when baal is nothing more than a fantasy in their minds.

God is God.  What they invoke is not God.

Okay... But like I said, it doesn't matter if their doctrine is true or not (which it obviously isn't) it's the fact that they believe this nonsense in the first place and the strength of their convictions which motivate them to carry out these atrocities. What my point is, is blindly following religious doctrine (no matter which version/story you happen to have been told as a child) is the root of the problem.

Without faith it would be extremely difficult to convince someone to blow themselves up. 

So without a belief in God or Gods fundamentalism and extreme acts of religious terrorism couldn't happen. Education and progression is the answer.

"My God's right and yours is wrong" is ridiculous.

So when you say "It's not about God." You're wrong.

2 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

They are obsessed with a false god.  No different than people obessesed with money or anything else.  They invoke the name of baal when baal is nothing more than a fantasy in their minds.

God is God.  What they invoke is not God.

I'll get the baal rolling, the crescent moon represents semiramis the star represents nimrod/tammuz.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, soon said:

This horrific attack was against Christians.  And your assessment includes that people used to hate Christians?  Thats not only clearly an incorrect statement but its really out of place in this time of mourning.

i agree but we have to be honest. my own country knew this travesty was in the works way before 9/11 but did nothing. my dad was military and in a way i am glad he is not here to witness what is going on yet at the same time i bet he would have called it way before any of this happened. in a way i think we ( the USA ) should have gone into full out attack mode after 9/11...that's  my opinion anyway. what's ironic is growing up i thought my dad was a militant freak but now i see the wisdom he had. he never ever talked about the horrors he experienced in war and i never thanked him for his service. i am now becoming more like him that i ever conceived i could be and see he was so right about so many things...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexC said:

Okay... But like I said, it doesn't matter if their doctrine is true or not (which it obviously isn't) it's the fact that they believe this nonsense in the first place and the strength of their convictions which motivate them to carry out these atrocities. What my point is, is blindly following religious doctrine (no matter which version/story you happen to have been told as a child) is the root of the problem.

Without faith it would be extremely difficult to convince someone to blow themselves up. 

So without a belief in God or Gods fundamentalism and extreme acts of religious terrorism couldn't happen. Education and progression is the answer.

"My God's right and yours is wrong" is ridiculous.

So when you say "It's not about God." You're wrong.

It's not about God.

It's about false gods.

And I tend to agree with some of what you say.  There is no "right god"...there is no false "god".  There is only one God.

God is good.  God is a part of everyone and every thing.  God is the Universe and every other Universe.  God is everything.  

We, as man, can't comprehend God unless we have faith.

13 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

Uh, this kind of has a lot to do with God.

Religious follower calling other peoples' minds simplistic? Really? 

"Read it the way it was meant to be read"

Literally? Read it literally? Because that's not gonna make Christianity look good.

I only realised this thread is full of believers after I'd tried to make this argument. I thought this was a rational discussion. Oh well.

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

It's not about God.

It's about false gods.

And I tend to agree with some of what you say.  There is no "right god"...there is no false "god".  There is only one God.

God is good.  God is a part of everyone and every thing.  God is the Universe and every other Universe.  God is everything.  

We, as man, can't comprehend God unless we have faith.

I'm not gonna argue, I didn't actually realise that you believed in God when I entered this discussion. No worries.

6 minutes ago, AlexC said:

I only realised this thread is full of believers after I'd tried to make this argument. I thought this was a rational discussion. Oh well.

So a believer can't be rational?  Or is it more likely that a non believer cannot be illuminated? 

Edited by Kasanova King

Just now, Kasanova King said:

So a believer can't be rational?

Not when having a discussion about religion of course not. It would be impossible for you to leave your bias out of it. Having a conversation about this with you would be pointless.

1 hour ago, soon said:

This horrific attack was against Christians.  And your assessment includes that people used to hate Christians?  Thats not only clearly an incorrect statement but its really out of place in this time of mourning.

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i agree but we have to be honest. my own country knew this travesty was in the works way before 9/11 but did nothing. my dad was military and in a way i am glad he is not here to witness what is going on yet at the same time i bet he would have called it way before any of this happened. in a way i think we ( the USA ) should have gone into full out attack mode after 9/11...that's  my opinion anyway. what's ironic is growing up i thought my dad was a militant freak but now i see the wisdom he had. he never ever talked about the horrors he experienced in war and i never thanked him for his service. i am now becoming more like him that i ever conceived i could be and see he was so right about so many things...

With the utmost respect, Im not sure what your response has to do with my quote, which pointed out that hatred against Christians clearly still exists.  :shrugs:

2 minutes ago, soon said:

With the utmost respect, Im not sure what your response has to do with my quote, which pointed out that hatred against Christians clearly still exists.  :shrugs:

i don't really know, i am just really freaking out about this. rambling i guess? sorry...it's like the proverbial straw. and yes hatred against Christians exists but these terrorists assume we are all Christians.

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

2 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Not when having a discussion about religion of course not. It would be impossible for you to leave your bias out of it. Having a conversation about this with you would be pointless.

I feel the same way about having a conversation with someone who is not illuminated.  

Cheers.

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i don't really know, i am just really freaking out about this. rambling i guess? sorry...it's like the proverbial straw. and yes hatred against Christians exists but these terrorists assume we are all Christians.

Your Father raised you.  And I really like you.  He must of been an amazing person.

7 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Or is it more likely that a non believer cannot be illuminated? 

You tell me what's more likely. Out of the hundreds of Gods that are currently worshipped across varying religions and including the Gods and beliefs throughout history which we now refer to as mythology; Zeus, Jupiter, Wotan, Thor etc. All of which claim to be correct but have zero evidence for existing, including the Christian God. How likely is it that the one you believe in is the right one?

See you're nearly an atheist. You don't believe in approximately 999 Gods. I don't believe in 1000.

So you are aren't "illuminated" either.

• Like 1

Just now, AlexC said:

You tell me what's more likely. Out of the hundreds of Gods that are currently worshipped across varying religions and including the Gods and beliefs throughout history which we now refer to as mythology; Zeus, Jupiter, Wotan, Thor etc. All of which claim to be correct but have zero evidence for existing, including the Christian God. How likely is it that the one you believe in is the right one?

See you're nearly an atheist. You don't believe in approximately 999 Gods. I don't believe in 1000.

So you are aren't "illuminated" either.

Smh.

Your anger comes from your soul.  Listen to your soul and open up your mind, son.

2 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Actually anger comes from the brain. You should learn to use yours more often.

Smh.

So sad.  A seemingly intelligent person making fun of someone with beliefs different than his, on a GN'R message board.

How does that make you feel? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Smh.

So sad.  A seemingly intelligent person making fun of someone with beliefs different than his, on a GN'R message board.

How does that make you feel? 

You're right. I did get a bit unnecessarily triggered there, I took it too far with the brain comment. Tbh I shouldn't have even bothered getting into a debate on this thread as it's not even what it's about.

Sorry about that.

1 minute ago, AlexC said:

You're right. I did get a bit unnecessarily triggered there, I took it too far with the brain comment. Tbh I shouldn't have even bothered getting into a debate on this thread as it's not even what it's about.

Sorry about that.

I agree. This thread is not about that.

It's about Islamic radical terrorists killing innocent children, and people.

So how do we stop it from happening? 

Its not so easy to just go and get them, otherwise we would have done it already.

"Yesterday, the Department of Defense responded to an incident that killed 105 civilians in Mosul, Iraq, back in March when a bomb was dropped on a building with two ISIS snipers — and over a hundred civilians."

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/5/26/15701262/trumps-civilian-mosul-iraq-syria-mayadin

Edited by Dan H.