Best NITL Nightrain Performance

39 minutes ago, koldweather said:

There can only be one....and it comes from that epic Houston gig:

In all fairness though that Detroit is pretty epic and it may well give Houston a run for its money actually!

PS 3.17-3.19 is IMO THE most epic moment of the tour so far for Axl! Amazing (and he does do a similar thing in Detroit interestingly)

That one is amazing also but I generally prefer detroit, his vocals are more consistent and there's less mickey. 

10 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Speaking of Nightrain. Last night's one in Stockholm was excellent. Best one in a while, both Axl and Slash were really into it. Not quite as good as Houston but the best one in a while for sure. 

This is very good for a recent performance! 

I would like the Houston version to be the consistent version that it sounds like at every show, and the Detroit version be the one that pops up every now and then as an added bonus. I think if every show started sounded like Detroit then we would get into Axl being inconsistent but for a once in every 15 gig performance I love it! Axl appeals to the aggressive side and that needs to show every now and then to remind us what a frontman he is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jw224 said:

That one is amazing also but I generally prefer detroit, his vocals are more consistent and there's less mickey. 

mine is, of course, the one i got to see in Vegas. it was so great, it was the song that led me to GN'R and we all sounded pretty damn good singing along! :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gnrwho said:

nothing beats the ritz

Ritz Nightrain is sloppy as fuck and not even in the top 10. The Ritz show itself as a whole is legendary and definitely well into the top 10 but the performance of Nightrain is less than stellar.

23 hours ago, koldweather said:

In all fairness though that Detroit is pretty epic and it may well give Houston a run for its money actually!

PS 3.17-3.19 is IMO THE most epic moment of the tour so far for Axl! Amazing (and he does do a similar thing in Detroit interestingly)

And people COMPLAIN about this tour 

FUCK we are lucky. Troubadour (from outside the building ?),  Dodger nights 1 & 2, London night 2. Should be hitting St Louis, Denver, Vancouver, Staples &.....THE FORUM. 

Counting my blessings every time. NITL rocks and fuck every fan who's too caught up in their idealism to realize how insane it is that these guys are back.

Livenation was never going to financially back & insure Steven & Izzy. It's a fucking shame that izzy isn't there, I haven't forgotten that, but I'm not going to overlook the momentary blessing from the rock gods that somehow got these guys all back on the same stage  

• Like 3

On 6/30/2017 at 8:01 PM, ZoSoRose said:

For me the Detroit Nightrain is one of the best versions of the song ever. Definitely the best of NITL imo. Axl sounds killer, the energy is off the charts, and Slash breaks a string and improvs a fucking kick-ass extended outro solo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSxv85c_GgE

thanks for pointing to this particular performance slash is indeed beyond awesome on this one. axl sounding very good also for 2017. if only...

On 30/6/2017 at 7:13 PM, koldweather said:

OMFG that BURRRNNNN is out of this world...takes me back to the golden age....amazing...

is there a multicam edit of this show around? if so, please let me know...this is the ultimate gig of the whole NITL tour...

Edited by Gem Archer

1 hour ago, Gem Archer said:

OMFG that BURRRNNNN is out of this world...takes me back to the golden age....amazing...

is there a multicam edit of this show around? if so, please let me know...this is the ultimate gig of the whole NITL tour...

Someone called it in the show thread that night. Someone was mentioning how good they will be in San Diego and someone rightly said "this will be the best show of the entire tour...enjoy it"