Need advice on Izzy solo stuff

On 31.8.2017 at 5:07 AM, estranged_85 said:

Hi guys! 

The few songs ive heard from Izzy's solo stuff after the GNR era are mediocre (IMO), but now i want some advice from you guys what to listen too. Maybe i have missed out on the best songs from Izzy. so give me some tips :)

Thanks!

Izzy's best song by far is Sweet Caress.

GNR quality even without Axl and Slash

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

@Free Bird You're not wrong - great song. Definitely the best I've heard of him.  Thanks for posting it.  

Time and again I've tried to get into Izzy's solo stuff and it just does nothing for me; it's always missing that edge I like (except for Spoonful).  But this is very moving.  Oddly enough, the melancholic tone reminds me of Axl and certain CD moments.  

Izzy sounds wonderful here too (evokes Tom Petty, who I also love).  Always liked Izzy's singing. Wish he'd been allowed more vocal duties when he was with GNR.

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

3 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

@Free Bird You're not wrong - great song. Definitely the best I've heard of him.  Thanks for posting it.  

Time and again I've tried to get into Izzy's solo stuff and it just does nothing for me; it's always missing that edge I like (except for Spoonful).  But this is very moving.  Oddly enough, the melancholic tone reminds me of Axl and certain CD moments.  

Izzy sounds wonderful here too (evokes Tom Petty, who I also love).  Always liked Izzy's singing. Wish he'd been allowed more vocal duties when he was with GNR.

Axl's voice is GNR. No more Izzy or Duff at all please and thank you.

Somebody Knockin', Train Tracks, Come On Now Inside, Sweet Caress, Underground, Good Enough, Jump In Now...

Some covers : Pressure Drop, Jivin' Sister Fanny, Take a Look at the Nice Guy (with an amazing slide guitar part & Ron Wood on backing vocals)...

Instrumentals : Grunt (full power !), Surf Roach...