What do you think is more realistic at this point

What do you think is more realistic at this point?   

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Cliff didn't leave for a lack of chemistry. He's been considering retirement for a while, since before Black Ice. On top of that Brian was always by far the member of AC/DC he was closest to, so I'm sure he felt a bit lost without him there. I genuinely do not believe he had any problems with this lineup, I just think it had all caught up with him finally. 

exactly, he felt a bit llost without brian, thats exactly what i am saying, if cliff had felt instead that there was some chemistry with our friend bill bayley then maybe he wouldnt have left.

yes i think he had problems with axl fronting the band, and i think the main problem is that it was "too much not-acdc" for him, it is pretty clear when you read his interview/statements about leaving

2 hours ago, ludurigan said:

exactly, he felt a bit llost without brian, thats exactly what i am saying, if cliff had felt instead that there was some chemistry with our friend bill bayley then maybe he wouldnt have left.

yes i think he had problems with axl fronting the band, and i think the main problem is that it was "too much not-acdc" for him, it is pretty clear when you read his interview/statements about leaving

He hasn't said anything negative about Axl's involvement in AC/DC. He just felt sorry about the loss of Mal, Phil and Brian, which is a normal behavior. Angus said that Cliff already planned his retirement before the Rock Or Bust Tour. That was in 2015 and Brian was still in the band. 

Edited by Sosso

20 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Honestly, a GNR album. The momentum is too strong not to go forward. The NITL tour is the tenth highest grossing tour of all time. We haven't heard much on the AC/DC front in months.

The thing Is, we know how this band operates when they have momentum, It generally goes nowhere. 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

of course not, he is way too classy for that

Do you think it's classy to quote something out of context? I'm asking because you ignored 2/3 of my post.

50 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Do you think it's classy to quote something out of context? I'm asking because you ignored 2/3 of my post.

No, i actually just chose one comment you made and replied to it. With an argument.

You, otherwise, chose to imply that I am not classy. Me being classy or not is absolutely irrelevant since, thankfully, we are not discussing me here.

In other words, wanna make sure that you are out of good argument? Mug the interlocutor instead of giving a better argument. Disqualify him, not what he said!

9 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

No, i actually just chose one comment you made and replied to it. With an argument.

You, otherwise, chose to imply that I am not classy. Me being classy or not is absolutely irrelevant since, thankfully, we are not discussing me here.

In other words, wanna make sure that you are out of good argument? Mug the interlocutor instead of giving a better argument. Disqualify him, not what he said!

I have enough arguments, simple boy. I said that Cliff planned his retirement already before the Rock Or Bust Tour has started. That was before Brians hearing issues became a problem. 

30 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I have enough arguments, simple boy. I said that Cliff planned his retirement already before the Rock Or Bust Tour has started. That was before Brians hearing issues became a problem. 

Thats what Angus told you. You can believe that if you like.

Now I have got one request, please keep disqualifying me, please please please never stop! Calling me a "simple boy" was such an strong argument that it made me think for several minutes! It completely changed my view on all things Axl/DC!

I doubt Cliff had a personal problem with Axl, it seemed like Axl was falling overhimself to be nice to them.

Clif is 67 years old and had been talking for a while about hanging up the boots soon.

I suspect Brian leaving was just the final nail, not because he dislikes Axl, but just because he'd already weathered losing Phil again, and of course what must play on all their minds, the sad circumstances surrounding the departure of Malcom who within the band - and despite Angus' fame - was considered to be the leader of the band.

So he pushed on through that and to then lose mid tour the guy who had been the distinctive voice of the band for 30 years, you could imagine if you were feeling a bit long in the tooth yourself for the travel and such that it might be a good time to call it a night.

Personally I'd like to see a last hurrah from angus. 

It's sad Cliff has moved on. Stevie and Chris are doing a solid job even though they just arn't malcom and phil. Angus doesn't have the fire he had in his youth, you can see it catching up with him a bit, but he's still entertaining and he can still go....Axl really brought his A-game (for his modern abilities anyway) to the shows....

I'd support one last drink for Ac/Dc....a final album with Axl and Angus...based on those shows....we KNOW it would be cool!

• Like 1

I get the impression that Axl has nothing left he feels the need to say to the world in terms of writing more lyrics for public consumption and is happier to sing the carefree themes of AC/DC songs but could never write something as throwaway as Rock or Bust himself.

Large chunks of UYI and nearly all of CD was like sitting in on a therapy session.

30 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

Large chunks of UYI and nearly all of CD was like sitting in on a therapy session.

And often a not very interesting therapy session.  Which don't mean they can't be good songs, just that thematically they're a little tired.