The Religion/Spirituality Thread

Ace Nova

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You lot have to be friendly to each other, you can't survive without borrowing shit off each other and being involved in 't'pubs christmas club' and all the other communist bollocks you northern shit shovellers get up too.  'eyy oop Mrs McNally, can thee lend us a bag of sugar?'  'Alright pet, I'll just take it off the 5 eggs and pound of butter that you owe me' :lol:  On-going debt pools that go back to the days of rationing!

Just now, Len Cnut said:

You lot have to be friendly to each other, you can't survive without borrowing shit off each other and being involved in 't'pubs christmas club' and all the other communist bollocks you northern shit shovellers get up too.  'eyy oop Mrs McNally, can thee lend us a bag of sugar?'  'Alright pet, I'll just take it off the 5 eggs and pound of butter that you owe me' :lol:  On-going debt pools that go back to the days of rationing!

That is more Yorkshire. In Yorkshire neighbours jut walk into your house and go ''aye oop''. Bill Bryson talks about this. 

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

That is more Yorkshire. In Yorkshire neighbours jut walk into your house and go ''aye oop''. Bill Bryson talks about this. 

Its all the same innit, Yorkshire, Geordieshire, Northumberlandshire, Grim-Remote-Outpost-That-Smells-of-Manure-shire

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

No. no, no. There are vast differences between say a Geordie, a Yorkshireman and a Mancunian. 

Yes, yes, perms and taches and phglemier accents but broadly speaking if it has 5 wheels including steering and it goes vroom vroom then its a car.

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Yes, yes, perms and taches and phglemier accents but broadly speaking if it has 5 wheels including steering and it goes vroom vroom then its a car.

It would be like saying a Southern toff is the same as a Southern cockney. 

On 06/04/2018 at 8:35 PM, DieselDaisy said:

All I know is he has had more comebacks than Sugar Ray Leonard. 

I went to Pakistan once, back in the day and that guys name was on the lips of every young lad over the country, they thought he was the fuckin' bollocks, literally everywhere you went was posters of him in peoples car windows, it was Afridi this and Afridi that...and for what?  The guy was just a fuckin' slogger, no class, just fuckin' leaned into every ball, might get the odd 50 or century out of him (had the record for the fastest century if i recall correctly!) or he'd go out for a duck.  I never understood why he was so rated, especially over the likes of Saeed Anwar or Inzi, the fat cunt.  Pakistan were a solid little squad in the Saeed Anwar era, if i recall the order used to run something like Amir Sohail, Saeed Anwar, Inzi, Basit Ali, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, missing loads there obviously.  Tidy little squad though.  They never really maintained a solid order after that.

48 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I went to Pakistan once, back in the day and that guys name was on the lips of every young lad over the country, they thought he was the fuckin' bollocks, literally everywhere you went was posters of him in peoples car windows, it was Afridi this and Afridi that...and for what?  The guy was just a fuckin' slogger, no class, just fuckin' leaned into every ball, might get the odd 50 or century out of him (had the record for the fastest century if i recall correctly!) or he'd go out for a duck.  I never understood why he was so rated, especially over the likes of Saeed Anwar or Inzi, the fat cunt.  Pakistan were a solid little squad in the Saeed Anwar era, if i recall the order used to run something like Amir Sohail, Saeed Anwar, Inzi, Basit Ali, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, missing loads there obviously.  Tidy little squad though.  They never really maintained a solid order after that.

It rather portrays a preference for limited overs cricket than test cricket; he only played 27 tests but 496 limited-overs internationals. Afridi is one of the pioneering poster boys of the ''Twenty20 Age'' (alongside Chris Gayle, Kevin Pietersen and others), of big spectacular hitting. 

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It rather portrays a preference for limited overs cricket than test cricket; he only played 27 tests but 496 limited-overs internationals. Afridi is one of the pioneering poster boys of the ''Twenty20 Age'' (alongside Chris Gayle, Kevin Pietersen and others), of big spectacular hitting. 

Sort of robs the sport of a lot of its refinements dont you feel?  I mean as far as batting is concerned it sort of cancels out the value of half the strokes in the book.  I mean in context of the ball you’re getting obviously they still have the occasional value but generally speaking it just turns it into a slogfest.

23 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Sort of robs the sport of a lot of its refinements dont you feel?  I mean as far as batting is concerned it sort of cancels out the value of half the strokes in the book.  I mean in context of the ball you’re getting obviously they still have the occasional value but generally speaking it just turns it into a slogfest.

You'll not find too many arguments from me. I'm a red ball purist and find Twenty20 - which is on right now incidentally, that IPL nonsense - a load of bollocks.

• 1 month later...