The Religion/Spirituality Thread

Ace Nova

9 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

I've been avoiding chiming in this thread until now. But I had a moment last night. 

I was at a ladies networking group and was cornered by a reiki spiritualist healer. Obviously I have my own beliefs, and listened to her intently and patiently. I asked her "so what's the difference between what you do, and just good psychology?"

She got really flustered and said "I can't answer your question, as I don't know much about psychology".

Shock of the century. 

My ex girlfriend’s family were into all that reiki bollocks. Mad as a box of frogs. Every one of them. 

18 minutes ago, soon said:

I dont know why but I always thought reiki had to do with healing by touching nerve endings in the feet?

It’s sonething to do with energy. But it’s not the type of energy that comes from calories, so clearly not the therapy for me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I just like...don't need anything?  And its about need, isn't it?  Many religious testimonies speak of an emptiness inside that was fulfilled by their being touched by God.  And the same with any new age crystalley fuckin' bollocks.  I don't have this gaping hole in my life looking to be filled by a 'way'.  Lifes really not that complicated, like George Carlin said, you get up, you go to work, you eat, you drink, you fuck, you take one good shit and then you go to sleep.  i suppose the fact that I've done a fuckload of drugs in my life might stand contrary to all that but, I dunno, i don't feel like thats just a chiller outter at the end of a long day.  Other than that lifes really not that complicated, I'm happy just eating sleeping shitting and watching the football, dont really want a great deal out of life, don't want no God, no faith, no tao, i dont wanna find myself, i dont want to be explained, i don't feel any kind of weight on my conscience based on any deeds, past or present, its just...y'know, fuck it man, just try and enjoy yourself as best you can.  Happiness is all around us, its in vaginas and pint glasses and on football pitches and in our family and friends and in bangin' tunes and good films and a nice munch and a lot of the things that surround the fortunate parts of the world, I don't think we need saving. 

• GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I just like...don't need anything?  And its about need, isn't it?  Many religious testimonies speak of an emptiness inside that was fulfilled by their being touched by God.  And the same with any new age crystalley fuckin' bollocks.  I don't have this gaping hole in my life looking to be filled by a 'way'.  Lifes really not that complicated, like George Carlin said, you get up, you go to work, you eat, you drink, you fuck, you take one good shit and then you go to sleep.  i suppose the fact that I've done a fuckload of drugs in my life might stand contrary to all that but, I dunno, i don't feel like thats just a chiller outter at the end of a long day.  Other than that lifes really not that complicated, I'm happy just eating sleeping shitting and watching the football, dont really want a great deal out of life, don't want no God, no faith, no tao, i dont wanna find myself, i dont want to be explained, i don't feel any kind of weight on my conscience based on any deeds, past or present, its just...y'know, fuck it man, just try and enjoy yourself as best you can.  Happiness is all around us, its in vaginas and pint glasses and on football pitches and in our family and friends and in bangin' tunes and good films and a nice munch and a lot of the things that surround the fortunate parts of the world, I don't think we need saving. 

Agree with that so much @Len Cnut except the vag n footy* :P

*cock n Slash :lol:

Edited by janrichmond
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Jesus' Mom, Mary.  I was joking about how this thread spent International Woman's Day discussing Jesus' Mothers vagina.  :lol::blink:

Fuck it, sorry i got confused i just thought it was his wife for a second, y'know jesus n Mary that couple that lived in the barn....yeah i'm tired and confused.

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Found a bible in my house. I kind of had a hunch there should be one somewhere. Rest assured, it wasn't mine; it was one that came with my wife. Anyway, it was on a bookshelf in one of our guest rooms, like we are some cheap bed & breakfast where breakfast is found at Wendy's down the road, entertainment is found on a small TV showing cheap American sitcoms, and any intellectual refreshment to be had comes from a book of bronze age religious myths.

On a different and more happy note, IPSOS recently (March 26) released the results of their regular religiosity survey here in Norway. Today 46 % say they don't believe in god, while only 34 % say they believe in god. Back in 2013 as many believed in god as didn't (38 %). So we are coming to our senses quickly now.

• Haha 1