Should Rick Rubin or Brendan O’Brien Produce the next Guns N Roses album

Timmyph80

Just like to get everyone’s thoughts who they would like to see produce Guns N Roses  next studio album 

Rick Rubin would be an interesting choice  but Brendan O’Brien would be my second candidate 

Hopefully we hear new album or songs soon fingers crossed

Edited by Timmyph80

I don't think there should be another GnR album.  Just fuckin' leave it.  Appetite, Lies and Two Illusions, thats a good enough statement, its fuckin 2017 now, whatever it is it ain't gonna rock like they used to, moving into the future with new and exciting sounds from GnR comes across about as natural as gender reassignment surgery.  Maybe an accoustic album or something as like a final statement...it'd have to be something fuckin' spectacular though, like a leave you in tears ending.  Not that I'm saying they should break up or anything, I just think that like...when you don't get product from a band or an artist etc for fuckin' decades then perhaps its worth considering the notion that they don't have any else to offer...and quite frankly GnR have been acting with a band with nothing else to offer since the mid 90s.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I don't think there should be another GnR album.  Just fuckin' leave it.  Appetite, Lies and Two Illusions, thats a good enough statement, its fuckin 2017 now, whatever it is it ain't gonna rock like they used to, moving into the future with new and exciting sounds from GnR comes across about as natural as gender reassignment surgery.  Maybe an accoustic album or something as like a final statement...it'd have to be something fuckin' spectacular though, like a leave you in tears ending.  Not that I'm saying they should break up or anything, I just think that like...when you don't get product from a band or an artist etc for fuckin' decades then perhaps its worth considering the notion that they don't have any else to offer...and quite frankly GnR have been acting with a band with nothing else to offer since the mid 90s.

It's 2018 you loaf. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Guns are old knackers (as they say where I come from). 

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

I don't know, a riff-heavy, angry fuckin album about how the world needs to get their shit together would be pretty cool, I feel like GNR could pull that off easily. 

A pissed off Axl snarling about feminazis, now that's something I'd love.

‘Feminazis’ are infinitely more interesting than Axl Rose.

14 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

Come on you sad cunt, just admit you'd love hearing Axl sing about fucked up shit over a sweet Slash riff :D

Not really no :lol:  Sorry :lol:  He's just not that good...and neither is Slash.  As evidenced by the fact that neither has done nothing worth a shit since long before you was born.

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Not really no :lol:  Sorry :lol:  He's just not that good...and neither is Slash.  As evidenced by the fact that neither has done nothing worth a shit since long before you was born.

Slash has sporadically littered his discography with some good songs here and there. 

• 3 weeks later...

Please...No Rick Rubin....Rick does pretty well with acts that are either trying to establish themselves (Def Jam Artists of the 80s), or artists on the verge of breaking out (Early 90s Red Hot Chili Peppers/System of a Down: Toxicity)...But with artists that are already established, NOT SO MUCH......Look at these examples:

AC/DC: Ball Breaker     Slayer: Diabolus in Musica      Metallica: Death Magnetic       Linkin Park: Minutes to Midnight         Kanye West: Yeezus       Limp Bizkit: Results May Vary

Personally, I would much rather choose someone else.