Shadow of Your Love, Izzy and Paul

4 minutes ago, felixGNR said:

wasn't slash part of hollywood rose at one point?

yes, for some short time Weber was replaced by Slash, which in turn pissed off Izzy who left, also Adler joined the band briefly. this was the final show in of the first HR era in 1984 - Axl, Slash, Adler, and Steve Darrow on bass. the band then disbanded and members joined various other bands.

8 hours ago, ludurigan said:

is there any evidence that paul tobias helped writing shadow of your love?

i always thought it was an izzy-axl-weber song

Besides the 1991 Axl quote already posted, this guy says he saw Axl and Paul Tobias perform it in a garage in 1982 (it's at about 36 min. mark):

Maybe Axl was referring to that when he said they wrote it in 7 minutes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zombux said:

I can easily imagine the situation. a few months ago, Axl & co were sitting on a meeting, and he was like...

"so what would be our next single? what does the guy staying in the back say, new song? NEW SONG??? YOU GONNA DIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! SECURITY, THAT GUY, GONE! YEAH IN THAT SHIRT! thank you. okay guys, this new idea of mine is just brilliant. we did a song about 35 years ago and my friend Josh liked it, so this is gonna be the thing. bye, see you again before the next cabaret show."

They most likely are not friends now though :lol: (supposing he meant Josh Richman, they haven't been for years)

Edited by Blackstar

There shouldn't be a single change on AFD aside from not letting Nightrain fading out.

I'd bet a hundred of bucks, if SOYL would have made it on the album instead of Anything Goes or anything else, same people would debate now that AG is such a better song than this and that and should have been release properly.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

maybe I'm beating a dead horse here, but I'd like to add a tiny tidbit, let me quote an old discussion at other GNR forum (now dead).

Killing Time 
My Way-Your Way (AKA Anything Goes) 
Rocker 
Shadow Of Your Love 
Wreckless (AKA Reckless Life) 
That Something (sometimes also called Out Of Control)
Cold Hard Cash (sometimes also called Cold Hearted)
Hollywood Girls 
Beat On My Head 
Back Off Bitch (used by GN'R) 
International Boys 
Rock 'N Rose! 

sooo... not only Anything Goes, SOYL and Reckless Life were played already in Hollywood Rose era, but also Back Off Bitch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zombux said:

sooo... not only Anything Goes, SOYL and Reckless Life were played already in Hollywood Rose era, but also Back Off Bitch.

Yes, there's a mention of it in Raz Cue's book too. It was in the set already when the band was still called Rose:

The next day, I told Dave and Mike [Jagosz], “That dude, Axl, in Izzy’s band is great.” They laughed at me and then took turns mocking Axl’s vocals by shrieking, “Back off, back off, bitch.”

• Haha 1