Hyperbole: Think about it like this...

DeadSlash

I think he is a complete twat, but as of right now (and I understand we are walking on thin ice) George W. was worse. Killing thousands of our own soldiers in wars we had no business being in and crashing the economy was, well, horrible.

Far be it from me to side with George W but you've got to bear in mind also that he was president during like, the biggest fuckin' attack on mainland America in history, thats a serious fuckin' knock, I think even the most liberal of presidents at that time would have been bound to spring into some sort of action.  Fair dues he picked a pretty wrong and pretty costly action but can you imagine someone doing any better?  George W might have been thick but I do think he was a better politician than Trump, far better.  I don't even really class Trump as a politician/statesman.  I don't think he's capable, even with assistance, of doing the job.

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Far be it from me to side with George W but you've got to bear in mind also that he was president during like, the biggest fuckin' attack on mainland America in history, thats a serious fuckin' knock, I think even the most liberal of presidents at that time would have been bound to spring into some sort of action.  Fair dues he picked a pretty wrong and pretty costly action but can you imagine someone doing any better?  George W might have been thick but I do think he was a better politician than Trump, far better.  I don't even really class Trump as a politician/statesman.  I don't think he's capable, even with assistance, of doing the job.

Yeah W wasn’t the brightest president we’ve had but damn he had big time stuff put on his plate. I actually think he handled it ok except when he invaded Iraq, that was the screw up. Even the economy was kinda thrown on him, he gets the blame for all that, but Nafta which was put in motion before he came into office was horrible, I don’t even keep up with policies and all that jazz but I witnessed with my own eyes how terrible that deal was for American companies and workers. That put a ton of people out of work.

And yeah Obama was ok but not too cool. When they put him on Mad magazine, they didn’t even have to change Alfred E Neuman except for his skin color :lol:

21 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

To be fair even Samuel L Jackson, an archetype of cool looks a fuckin' twat there so it must been something about their air around them richie people that makes you go funny. 

True. Prolly the white guy on guitar - haircut an inch away from being a mullet - is messing with the Roots flow also. :lol:

On 9/7/2018 at 1:05 AM, DeadSlash said:

Yes, people are thick as f.  People don't use critical thinking or apply any sort of test to whatever agenda they support, they just rubber stamp it.  My favorite display of this is the endless supply of ytube videos where the take like a Hillary quote and tell a Trump supporter that it was Trump who said it and ask them what they think and vise-versa.  They always support their candidate...  "How do you feel about Hillary saying we need to build a wall between the US and Mexico?  Oh, I absolutely agree. "How is that different from Trump saying he wants to build a wall? "Oh, she isn't doing it for racist reasons.

I was participating on a forum where politics is the main topic, just had to walk away because people were such dumb sheep, on BOTH sides.

It’s kinda sad to see actually. I mean we’re talking about educated people too, acting sheepish. This is hard to prove since it’s more of a gut feeling type of thing, but it always come across as, insincere? Like, you can tell they didn’t come up with these opinions on their own. Just feels like, deep down in their heart of hearts, do ya really, really feel this way, or you feel like this is what you have to/are supposed to say? I usually end up calling b.s on both sides.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, soon said:

True. Prolly the white guy on guitar - haircut an inch away from being a mullet - is messing with the Roots flow also. :lol:

Black Americans used to be the fuckin' benchmark of cool, have been for over a century but they're fuckin' losin' it man.  In general, even in the rappers.  Kanye, I think, is the foremost illustration of this phenomenon.  They still got it but its kinda slippin' now.  Racially speaking, for the next century or so, the cool thing is up for grabs.  Or perhaps cool as a thing is dying.  Neurosis is the order of the day.  Even their voices are changing, their accents and inflections.  They sound white.  And not cool white either, like a thick (as in strong, not stupid) hillbilly accent.  More like middle class white new yorker.  Frazer/Seinfeld type voices.

Edited by Len Cnut

27 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

I hate to bring Trump into this, but it got really bad around Trump came into politics. The media, for good or for worse, really despises Donald Trump.

Reveal hidden contents

I think he is a complete twat, but as of right now (and I understand we are walking on thin ice) George W. was worse. Killing thousands of our own soldiers in wars we had no business being in and crashing the economy was, well, horrible.

Thats a real chicken or the egg thing though, isn't it? Maybe the quality of the POTUS dropped, not the quality of the reporting? 

I dont know about the notion that all media despises him? His bullshit admin just offers daily crazy to be reported on by trained professionals who play a vital role in Western Democracy. 

On the other hand, there are many occasions were Trump, POTUS, Commander in Chief of the US Forces and Leader of the Free World, has communicated that he despises the Free Press.

16 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Black Americans used to be the fuckin' benchmark of cool, have been for over a century but they're fuckin' losin' it man.  In general, even in the rappers.  Kanye, I think, is the foremost illustration of this phenomenon.  They still got it but its kinda slippin' now.  Racially speaking, for the next century or so, the cool thing is up for grabs.  Or perhaps cool as a thing is dying.  Neurosis is the order of the day.  Even their voices are changing, their accents and inflections.  They sound white.  And not cool white either, like a thick (as in strong, not stupid) hillbilly accent.  More like middle class white new yorker.  Frazer/Seinfeld type voices.

I googled "Seinfeld rap" and then endured this:

10 minutes ago, soon said:

Thats a real chicken or the egg thing though, isn't it? Maybe the quality of the POTUS dropped, not the quality of the reporting? 

I dont know about the notion that all media despises him? His bullshit admin just offers daily crazy to be reported on by trained professionals who play a vital role in Western Democracy. 

On the other hand, there are many occasions were Trump, POTUS, Commander in Chief of the US Forces and Leader of the Free World, has communicated that he despises the Free Press.

Offtopic but I don't think the term 'Free World' is appropriate for the United States. There are so many issues with America, especially our justice system.

America is not free for many.

• GNFNR 1

Living in 'free' countries as we do assimilating information kinda makes us raise the bar for what we consider free, I don't think we (I'm throwing England in here as its my personal experience and we're somewhat comparable, broadly speaking) are the free-est in the world but fuck man, look East, there are people that would donate a bollock for our level of freedom. 

9 minutes ago, wasted said:

You free to do what Ice Cube tells you. 

What is it with you and Ice Cube lately? :lol:

I googled "Seinfeld rap" and then endured this:

I meant their general speaking tones of voice :lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut

5 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

Offtopic but I don't think the term 'Free World' is appropriate for the United States. There are so many issues with America, especially our justice system.

Agreed. Well put. America hasn't had one day where all its people live in Freedom since its inception. We are all rooting for you though. Not to mention trying to straighten out our own garbage too. Indigenous Justice would be an issue where both our Countries have a long way to go and aren't doing enough to get there.

7 minutes ago, soon said:

Agreed. Well put. America hasn't had one day where all its people live in Freedom since its inception. We are all rooting for you though. Not to mention trying to straighten out our own garbage too. Indigenous Justice would be an issue where both our Countries have a long way to go and aren't doing enough to get there.

You know there are countries in this world where a bird can't put a skirt on, you can't buy a drink and eating in public during certain months is against the law :lol: 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Living in 'free' countries as we do assimilating information kinda makes us raise the bar for what we consider free, I don't think we (I'm throwing England in here as its my personal experience and we're somewhat comparable, broadly speaking) are the free-est in the world but fuck man, look East, there are people that would donate a bollock for our level of freedom. 

What is it with you and Ice Cube lately? :lol:

I meant their general speaking tones of voice :lol: 

I thought I would just hand over my life to Ice Cube. 

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You know there are countries in this world where a bird can't put a skirt on, you can't buy a drink and eating in public during certain months is against the law :lol: 

Of course I know that. That you and I have relative freedom in out Countries doesnt speak to someone in the West ending up serving 15 years for a bag of weed, because they are racialized by the injustice system. They cant do the things you list either for the most part. I dont wont to leave them to suffer just because I have my freedom.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, soon said:

Of course I know that. That you and I have relative freedom in out Countries doesnt speak to someone in the West ending up serving 15 years for a bag of weed, because they are racialized by the injustice system. They cant do the things you list either for the most part. I dont wont to leave them to suffer just because I have my freedom.

I agree, i just meant freedom is relative, as I was saying before, are we the free-est?  Are even the free-est that free or as free as they could be or I feel human beings should be?  No on all counts.  I'm not suggesting we shouldn't wish for better, I'm just saying we're pretty well positioned too.

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

pre 2000 I might've agreed with you but its a bit late in the day man, have you see him lately? :lol:  Not that he's not cool still but why now? :lol:

He spends all day getting round to eat a sandwich in his movies and bitchslaps Bill Maher on Oprah. This is his peak. 

Freedom is overrated. Oppressed me with booze and trans fat. 

16 minutes ago, wasted said:

He spends all day getting round to eat a sandwich in his movies and bitchslaps Bill Maher on Oprah. This is his peak. 

He slapped Bill Maher?!?  Where?! :lol:

12 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Today wasted didn’t even have to use his AK, gotta say it was a good day.

I hated that for so long that song was his most known track when he was on some fuckin' hardcore shit generally throughout his shit, NWA, Death Certificate, AmeriKKKas Most Wanted, Lethal Injection...and what blows up?  Today Was A Good Day, ugh.

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I agree, i just meant freedom is relative, as I was saying before, are we the free-est?  Are even the free-est that free or as free as they could be or I feel human beings should be?  No on all counts.  I'm not suggesting we shouldn't wish for better, I'm just saying we're pretty well positioned too.

I hear ya. At the same time its pretty easy to find yourself cuffed in front of a judge for doing nothing but good deeds too. We have the freedom to conform to an unjust and inhumane system, but not too much wiggle room beyond that, in my experience. Get some strict probation for organizing in solidarity with the women of the UAE, its an interesting thing to map. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wasted said:

Exactly, you’re worrying about freedom? Just chill with the nukes. 

'sittin' in a chinese stew, view my disinfatuation' :lol:  Y'know, the more I think about it the more I think that song was about you.  Lucky, no ones ever written a song about me.  My older brother made up a limerick ones but thats about it :lol: