Gene Simmons

dontdamnmeuyi2015

19 hours ago, EvanG said:

That son of his is so down to earth and cool, pretty much the opposite of Gene, hard to believe they are related.

Actually Gene seems pretty cool and like a regular guy in real life. I used to watch his show all the time. He was very giving to a lot of causes. Yeah, Sophie, his daughter is very cool too. I've always like Shannon his wife too.

Gene is a guy who takes every opportunity to make a buck, but he was wonderful to his mother and that's a great trait in a man.

12 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

He shares my bday! :)

happy bday, Gene!

Awesome! Hope you had a great birthday too!

12 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Actually Gene seems pretty cool and like a regular guy in real life. I used to watch his show all the time. He was very giving to a lot of causes. Yeah, Sophie, his daughter is very cool too. I've always like Shannon his wife too.

Gene is a guy who takes every opportunity to make a buck, but he was wonderful to his mother and that's a great trait in a man.

Awesome! Hope you had a great birthday too!

Thanks! It was good. :)

51 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I'm sure he's a nice guy, but he's incredibly narcissistic. I don't know if he is playing a character or if that is how he really is, probably the latter. I've watched that show a couple of times too and was surprised how grounded and normal his kids are and how they were always making fun of Gene for having such a huge ego. A lot of those kids from rock stars grow up pretty fucked up, look at the Osbournes.

Edited by EvanG

21 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I'm sure he's a nice guy, but he's incredibly narcissistic. I don't know if he is playing a character or if that is how he really is, probably the latter. I've watched that show a couple of times too and was surprised how grounded and normal his kids are and how they were always making fun of Gene for having such a huge ego. A lot of those kids from rock stars grow up pretty fucked up, look at the Osbournes.

That's because at the end of the day, Gene can project his macho image all he wants but he is a giant fucking teddy bear that is all about his family.
Plus if anyone deserves to have an ego, it's him. He barely made it to America from Israel as a child and then pretty much took over the world within the next 20 years being the face one of the biggest bands in the world by 1977.

Everyone always wants to take shots at him because he's not afraid to call things as he sees them and tons of outlets creates clickbait articles based on out of context quotes from interviews.

His business partner however is a complete asshole (Paul Stanley).

I think to people who aren't huge KISS fans, it appears to be the opposite but if you read their books and every interview, etc, it's Paul who is constantly tearing others down to put himself on a pedestal.

3 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

That's because at the end of the day, Gene can project his macho image all he wants but he is a giant fucking teddy bear that is all about his family.
Plus if anyone deserves to have an ego, it's him. He barely made it to America from Israel as a child and then pretty much took over the world within the next 20 years being the face one of the biggest bands in the world by 1977.

Everyone always wants to take shots at him because he's not afraid to call things as he sees them and tons of outlets creates clickbait articles based on out of context quotes from interviews.

His business partner however is a complete asshole (Paul Stanley).

I think to people who aren't huge KISS fans, it appears to be the opposite but if you read their books and every interview, etc, it's Paul who is constantly tearing others down to put himself on a pedestal.

Yeah, I mean, from watching a few episodes of that show I could see that they're a loving family and he's a decent guy and he must have done something right with those kids because they seem to be very humble people. 

But I guess I meant to say that those kids aren't like ''hollywood brats'' like a lot of those kids from celebrities. I remember one episode where both Gene and Shannon had gotten facelifts and those kids reacted to it like I suppose any ''normal'' person would react to, instead of thinking it's normal to do something like that. Although I guess it is normal for some people.

Nick even takes time to talk to paparazzi and talk about his dad's sex assault and seems to be as rational as can be...