P.R.L. - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

9 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I agree that most of the Village tracks probably never got vocals and have been abandoned somewhere along the way. But there are a few reasons I think P.R.L. is not among them. You mention that is sounds like a video game and that you can't imagine guitars on it, well, the version we have is "w/out Thyme" and "no gtrs". So, clearly it is a song they worked on and clearly it was supposed to have a guitar track. Furthermore, Axl said the title of the follow-up to CD would be P.R.L., indicating that he thought it had some central position or were representative of that bunch of tracks. He also mentioned that the follow-up would be more experimental, which fits with the sound of P.R.L.. So not unlikely at all that this was worked more on after 1999/2000 and quite possible it exists with vocals, too. Only my opinion, of course. 

His saying it would be the follow up title is from only one source, and the legitimacy of that is questionable. It has never been mentioned anywhere else before or since. I just don't see how it could have been developed as an actual song. Obviously with Buckethead they could have added weird guitar tracks, but I really can't imagine there being lyrics and vocal melodies. Obviously that doesn't mean there isn't. It's MY OPINION ffs ...

Just now, 2020_Intensions said:

His saying it would be the follow up title is from only one source, and the legitimacy of that is questionable. It has never been mentioned anywhere else before or since. I just don't see how it could have been developed as an actual song. Obviously with Buckethead they could have added weird guitar tracks, but I really can't imagine there being lyrics and vocal melodies. Obviously that doesn't mean there isn't. It's MY OPINION ffs ...

That's weird, I have no problems picturing it.