5 Years Ago Today - NITL Tour Kick Off

14 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

and Montreal 2017 I spent the entire weekend (I mean literally the entire weekend) eating poutine with @Amir.

It was damn good poutine. I still think about that shawarma poutine from time to time :wub:

I was in Montreal for 7 days and had 15 poutines in total. My chest felt like shit from day 3 but it was totally worth it.

Edited by Amir
  • Thanks 1

It was truly an exciting time and Russ’ party was EPIC.  I rolled up by myself at about noon and those signs just put me right at ease B-)  Lots of music and darts and stories.

Out ta Get Me and Raw Power were really something, almost made me stop thinking (obsessing) about the lack of Izzy and Stephen.  Almost :lol: !  So much potential for the future. Alas...

This thread makes me happy.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Amir said:

It was damn good poutine. I still think about that shawarma poutine from time to time :wub:

I was in Montreal for 7 days and had 15 poutines in total. My chest felt like shit from day 3 but it was totally worth it.

That shawarma poutine was my favorite from the weekend. But when I took people there in 2019, no one else was as crazy about it :( Also loved the pulled pork Mac poutine at Dirty Dogs, but that one put me over the edge…

• Like 1

I was fortunate enough to catch the opening show in Vegas.  It was fantastic and the energy not being sure if Axl was going to show up made it really tense for a while. 
Living in metro Detroit, I also got to go to that show.  I would of loved to meet the other members at Russ’ but I couldn’t make it.  We had a group of 10 of us that rented a party bus and hit the show.  It was an unbelievable experience.  The closest thing I’ve seen that comes close to the GnR/Metallica show I attended many years ago.  The overall sound, energy of the crowd and vibe was awesome. 
I am going to the Comerica Park show in August and taking my kids. I’m hoping that they can see some of the magic that made this band one of the greatest of all time. 

Edited by yourcrazy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, yourcrazy said:

I was fortunate enough to catch the opening show in Vegas.  It was fantastic and the energy not being sure if Axl was going to show up made it really tense for a while. 
Living in metro Detroit, I also got to go to that show.  I would of loved to meet the other members at Russ’ but I couldn’t make it.  We had a group of 10 of us that rented a party bus and hit the show.  It was an unbelievable experience.  The closest thing I’ve seen that comes close to the GnR/Metallica show I attended many years ago.  The overall sound, energy of the crowd and vibe was awesome. 
I am going to the Comerica Park show in August and taking my kids. I’m hoping that they can see some of the magic that made this band one of the greatest of all time. 

You're welcome to come hang with us on some regular non GN'R related night. We spin records with friends every Friday night. Just let me know if you ever wanna stop by :)

On 6/25/2021 at 10:27 AM, RussTCB said:

You're welcome to come hang with us on some regular non GN'R related night. We spin records with friends every Friday night. Just let me know if you ever wanna stop by :)

Thanks for the invite.  I’d love to. Schedule is a little hectic lately but would like to make that happen. 

• Like 1