6 years later and GNR has not yet released a recording of the Troubadour show !?

19 hours ago, ronartest2004 said:

I was thinking about this the other day as well, and it hit me that Axl is now 60 years old. It was a little different when he was in his 30s/40s because at that point you think there is another 30-40 years.

Time is not on Axls side and I am happy for him that it seems like he has finally found some peace that evaded him most of his life for us as fans we still sit in the same spot we’ve been in since the release of CD, bits and pieces of leaked material (a couple of them re-recorded and released as a bit of damage control/promotion).

But other than that it’s been endless running tours with bits and pieces of rumors with no true new material.

It worries me that this will end the same way it did for Tupacs after death material, you had so many hands in the cookie jar and everything got released sloppy and most likely not the way he would’ve wanted it to be.

I think the first release after Axl is gone will be older 80's and 90's stuff, i dont imagine his death is gonna give us what we want i.e leftover CD stuff. The only way we're hearing that stuff is when it leaks eventually. Although tbf, the only people that want CD2 leftover stuff are the 15 fans left arguing on this forum. There's no market for it.

9 hours ago, mystery said:

He's a major recording artist who doesn't have any of his music or performances officially on YouTube. It's interesting with him because he decided to start his own music service in 2014 called GhostTunes that eventually got bought by Amazon.

His approach is kind of backwards to me in that he's really limiting future generations in discovering his music. Guns N' Roses at least have their full catalog on YouTube but they need to step it up with the live videos. 

I was referring to the whole "artist" thing. Take a look at the song-writing credits. The man hardly wrote, so for me, that's outside of my definition of what constitutes as an artist. Singer and entertainer sure. But artist? When your best-selling album is almost entirely written by a ghost writer, you sort of lose that moniker.

Edited by Nintari
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nintari said:

I was referring to the whole "artist" thing. Take a look at the song-writing credits. The man hardly wrote, so for me, that's outside of my definition of what constitutes as an artist. Singer and entertainer sure. But artist? When your best-selling album is almost entirely written by a ghost writer, you sort of lose that moniker.

I got that. I was just explaining the lengths he went to selling music on his own terms. I'm glad with Guns N' Roses that they at least have stuff on YouTube even if they could be doing more. November Rain having over 1 billion views speaks to their enduring popularity.

• Like 1