Guns N Roses -Story of their Songs (Reelz Channel) this Sunday

I thought it pretty good, surprisingly. Nothing on it that hard core fans don't already know, but it was fairly well done compared to most of the crap that channel puts out. They did say that Adler was the bands only native to LA when he was from Cleveland and the narrator called the UYI albums 'Lose Your Illusion' once, but that's not bad for that channel. There were some good interviews with the sound guys who recorded Appetite, Steve Via, Joe Bonamassa, Nigel Dick, Traci Guns, etc and some archive interviews with Axl, Slash and Duff. It's worth the watch. 

• Like 2

I saw some of it, pretty cool. One thing I did not know was that Don't Cry was written from Axl's girlfriend's perspective. She had broken up with him and was trying to console him because he was pretty devastated.  I have to admit, that's pretty damn cool. I had just assumed Axl wrote it from his own perspective. 

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 1

Awesome show. There were actually things I never knew about some of the GNR songs.

anyway, it was very cool to see early days of GNR.

I liked the show very much. 

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

I saw some of it, pretty cool. One thing I did not know was that Don't Cry was written from Axl's girlfriend's perspective. She had broken up with him and was trying to console him because he was pretty devastated.  I have to admit, that's pretty damn cool. I had just assumed Axl wrote it from his own perspective. 

And both Axl and Izzy were in love with the same woman. When Izzy and her broke up, Axl told her he loved her and she said it wouldn't work. That's when he cried and she told him don't cry.

I never knew this either. Pretty cool learning new stuff about GNR.

4 hours ago, GoBucky said:

I thought it pretty good, surprisingly. Nothing on it that hard core fans don't already know, but it was fairly well done compared to most of the crap that channel puts out. They did say that Adler was the bands only native to LA when he was from Cleveland and the narrator called the UYI albums 'Lose Your Illusion' once, but that's not bad for that channel. There were some good interviews with the sound guys who recorded Appetite, Steve Via, Joe Bonamassa, Nigel Dick, Traci Guns, etc and some archive interviews with Axl, Slash and Duff. It's worth the watch. 

Did you know Axl and Izzy loved the same woman and Don't cry was written for her? New news to me.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Awesome show. There were actually things I never knew about some of the GNR songs.

anyway, it was very cool to see early days of GNR.

I liked the show very much. 

And both Axl and Izzy were in love with the same woman. When Izzy and her broke up, Axl told her he loved her and she said it wouldn't work. That's when he cried and she told him don't cry.

I never knew this either. Pretty cool learning new stuff about GNR.

Did you know Axl and Izzy loved the same woman and Don't cry was written for her? New news to me.

I did hear that a while back.

10 hours ago, mikeman5150 said:

I thought it was a decent show. They didn’t make Axl out to be the villain like a lot of those shows do. They seemed pretty fair for the most part. 

Yeah, I agree. Finally stuff that was other than Axl was a fuck up and everything that went wrong was his fault.  I just love learning how musicians get their ideas for songs. Just amazing.

• Like 2