UYI Deluxe Live Recordings vs. Live Era Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

Completely unaltered save for some trimming between tracks (ie. Slash's bum start on Sweet Child at the Ritz has been omitted).

The original post you quoted was a response to someone mentioning they still like Live Era.

Thanks... and that's a relief (for me). I never cared for canned lived albums. Although most of them are. They just don't for work me.

Glad to hear these are the real deal.

• Like 3

On 11/18/2022 at 5:11 AM, Tom-Ass said:

You can hear Izzy plenty loud on this song. This has to be my favorite all around recording of this song. Much better than the studio track. 

brilliant. Izzy always had his Keith Richards down and has his own sound. Underappreciated I think.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

Welcome to the Jungle was my big Live Era mystery.

Many articles cite it as Argentina 1992 and it's even listed that way on Spotify, but that always bugged me because it's clearly not the same version. Re-recorded vocals aside, the cadence of it is different and Slash's licks in the second and third verses aren't a match at all. It was also the subject of much fan debate as I recall - was the opening scream from Paris? Were other bits patched in from different versions? Nobody could ever find a straight answer.

Once the Las Vegas version queued up on my first listen to the box set I definitely had a moment of revelation. There it is! It was cool after all these years to finally have an answer to that and, for all intents and purposes, for it to be a version I hadn't heard before.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

19 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

I still wonder where the Axls speech to the crowd after Mr. Brownstone came from.

I listen alot of audio bootlegs but i never found it.

I want to find the last piece of that whole Live Era mystery

This is something I've always wondered as well. I've listened to hundreds of bootlegs (including the entire UYI Tour) and never found it... Earlier I concluded that it had to be from Vegas since that wasn't circulating and we knew they used it as one of the sources for Live Era, however the UYI box has made it clear that that isn't the case and me wonder about this all over again!