09/03/23 - Toronto, CAN - Rogers Stadium

downzy

1 hour ago, Miller1254 said:

Still waiting for prices to drop for floor/GA.  Going to be my first show since the back to back TO shows in ‘17.  Excited for the new songs added to the set list.  Just wish it was any venue other than the Rogers Centre/Skydome.

Smart move. I'm not so smart. It's a real piss off when the tix you bought drop a hundred bucks the week of the show. I paid $60 and fees to be on the floor in Pittsburgh two weeks ago. Lesson learned. GNR FOMO is an infection I can't seem to shake lol.

Hey folks.  About to pull trigger on Pit tickets.  Have a couple of questions hoping some of you may know/remember from last time in 2016.  I unfortunately pregamed far too much and far too long to have any reasonable recollection of the details.

Do we have a clear idea when Guns will be done their show?  I assume its 11.

was there an outside merch stand last time in 2016 at Rogers Centre?  I know there was in the concourse of Union Station/Scotia in 2017, where you could buy merch without a ticket.  (Hoping to buy my merch in advance)

Anyone else going for PIt, and what time you plan on getting in line?

One last Q, and quite the random one.  Anyone ever use the APP usebounce.com before?  Looking at possibly doing some Vinyl shopping in TO while I’m in the city, and looking for ways to store bags outside of venue and pick up after show.  Would also use if there is an outside merch stand.  There seems to be a location 15 mins walk from CN Tower, so completely doable. This seems to be a relatively new service/app, and hoping for some positive feedback in any city, especially for non-luggage items (shopping bags)

Thanks in advance

Hey folks.  About to pull trigger on Pit tickets.  Have a couple of questions hoping some of you may know/remember from last time in 2016.  I unfortunately pregamed far too much and far too long to have any reasonable recollection of the details.

Do we have a clear idea when Guns will be done their show?  I assume its 11.

was there an outside merch stand last time in 2016 at Rogers Centre?  I know there was in the concourse of Union Station/Scotia in 2017, where you could buy merch without a ticket.  (Hoping to buy my merch in advance)

Anyone else going for PIt, and what time you plan on getting in line?

One last Q, and quite the random one.  Anyone ever use the APP usebounce.com before?  Looking at possibly doing some Vinyl shopping in TO while I’m in the city, and looking for ways to store bags outside of venue and pick up after show.  Would also use if there is an outside merch stand.  There seems to be a location 15 mins walk from CN Tower, so completely doable. This seems to be a relatively new service/app, and hoping for some positive feedback in any city, especially for non-luggage items (shopping bags)

Thanks in advance

In 2016, Toronto actually had one of the later start times on the tour that year (nearly 10:00 pm before Guns hit the stage). I don't expect it to be that late this time. They seem to be averaging 8:00-8:30 on this run. Assuming the three hour show I imagine 11:30 is more likely the end time. Anyone hoping to catch that coveted 11:45 train from Union might be out of luck. :lol:

There was indeed a merch truck outside on the boulevard in 2016.

Hopefully someone else can chime in to help with your other questions!

39 minutes ago, James Bond said:

In 2016, Toronto actually had one of the later start times on the tour that year (nearly 10:00 pm before Guns hit the stage). I don't expect it to be that late this time. They seem to be averaging 8:00-8:30 on this run. Assuming the three hour show I imagine 11:30 is more likely the end time. Anyone hoping to catch that coveted 11:45 train from Union might be out of luck. :lol:

There was indeed a merch truck outside on the boulevard in 2016.

Hopefully someone else can chime in to help with your other questions!

I dont recall it starting that late in 2016 but it very well could have (id like to say it was around 8pm for the 2 shows in 2017 at the ACC). I think these recent shows have been starting between 7:30pm-8pm.

3 hours ago, Coma16 said:

I dont recall it starting that late in 2016 but it very well could have (id like to say it was around 8pm for the 2 shows in 2017 at the ACC). I think these recent shows have been starting between 7:30pm-8pm.

9:45 was sticking in my head, but according to the old 2016 thread it was 9:54. We were all complaining about the gunshots going on for eternity. :lol:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

I honestly hate this cashless venue business. Gone are the cash deals. Now it's tax on the overpriced beer and food and getting prompted for a tip on every last terminal. A tip for what - handing me my t-shirt?

It’s crap. The banks get a chunk of everything. I used to bartend, I’d pour a beer and hand it over. But with that also came a conversation (of varying lengths) and attentiveness. Now they slide a barely cold beer across a sticky counter and want you to hit the preloaded 20% tip. Fuck that. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Coma16 said:

What time do you guys think the merch will open outside?

Anybody’s guess. I’ve seen people mention 2ish,  but who knows with these guys. Lol. I’m hoping to grab something, then go check out the Dragon Festival to kill a bunch of time.

7 hours ago, moreblack said:

Is it pretty easy to grab a cab around there after the show or what?

Probabavly not too bad. The locals will proabably use the subway, and many of us that drove have cars, unless staying overnight (we’re driving back home, no need for us to pay for hotel and traffic will be better).

8 hours ago, moreblack said:

Is it pretty easy to grab a cab around there after the show or what?

I’ve had varying luck coming out of Rogers Centre and Scotia Arena.  I am not holding my breath for it to be a quick escape.   I plan on walking a couple blocks and try and Uber from Front/King Street area.  There have been instances where cabs will ask where you are heading to, and unless its a 30+ mins drive they will say no.  It’s BS, which is why I generally use Uber.

It looks like Budweiser stage has a show (Beck) tomorrow night too, and the CNE is still going on.   I guess, i am overly hopeful , but could be extremely wrong too.

48 minutes ago, Drakestar said:

Anybody’s guess. I’ve seen people mention 2ish,  but who knows with these guys. Lol. I’m hoping to grab something, then go check out the Dragon Festival to kill a bunch of time.

I will be aiming for a 1pm arrival.  I am staying at a friends place in the city, and figured nothing else to do.  If there are any going to the show, but may not be there that early, I’d be more than happy to pick one up for you.

I’ve had varying luck coming out of Rogers Centre and Scotia Arena.  I am not holding my breath for it to be a quick escape.   I plan on walking a couple blocks and try and Uber from Front/King Street area.  There have been instances where cabs will ask where you are heading to, and unless its a 30+ mins drive they will say no.  It’s BS, which is why I generally use Uber.

It looks like Budweiser stage has a show (Beck) tomorrow night too, and the CNE is still going on.   I guess, i am overly hopeful , but could be extremely wrong too.

I will be aiming for a 1pm arrival.  I am staying at a friends place in the city, and figured nothing else to do.  If there are any going to the show, but may not be there that early, I’d be more than happy to pick one up for you.

That’s so nice. We’re leaving London around 10, so we’ll probably get there around the same time. Thanks though. I’d like one, actually I’d like to get two so I can trade one for the Pittsburgh one that I didn’t get (even though it’s not a ‘good’ one) I’m not really a collector, but it would be nice. 

I'm thinking of going down around noon, to try getting a couple of lithos (not for profit), but I'm thinking that may be too early. You never know with these merch tables what time they might open but I don't want to be waiting outside for 3 hours. It's gonna be a hot one tomorrow too!

1 minute ago, kanecrescente said:

Not the point. Let's hope that's not the case.

Last night's show was arguably the shorter show. Fingers crossed 🤞 

I'm hoping it's an extra special show, considering they didn't play here  on the 2021 set of shows after the 2020 show was cancelled 

• PERHAPS 1

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

Last night's show was arguably the shorter show. Fingers crossed 🤞 

I'm hoping it's an extra special show, considering they didn't play here  on the 2021 set of shows after the 2020 show was cancelled 

I need me some 'extra special'... though I've almost given up on getting Locomotive at this point

3 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

I need me some 'extra special'... though I've almost given up on getting Locomotive at this point

Maybe a Jimmy Buffet song?

3 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

That!s how I feel about Breakdown.

• Like 1