09/03/23 - Toronto, CAN - Rogers Stadium

downzy

3 hours ago, moreblack said:

The funny thing is, it doesn't sound like that in person. Recordings make it sound like he's just meekly squeaking out a thin sound, and that's all the phone and camera mics pick up, but hearing it straight from the PA, you can tell how much air he's actually pushing out physically. 

That's great to hear! :headbang: 

It's understandable that stuff gets lost when sound is recorded with a phone and uploaded on Youtube as is :book:

50 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

I think (as somebody who has attended 4 shows since 2016) that the less desirable  sounding parts of Axl's voice don't stand out as much in person due to the mix and volume.  I think the cell phone recordings "pick out" the vocals more in the audio processing and highlights the flaws but the flaws exist live.  If you specifically focus on the lead vocals live you will notice it.  If you just get absorbed in the show and the overall sound then it doesn't stand out.

During parts of songs with quiet instrumentals the same vocal is definitely present live.

It was also my 4th show since 2016. I’ll never skip them when they come around. 

I agree Axl has some weak spots, but overall he was sounding great to me. I’m not even an Axl fanboy. I’ll give credit where due. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Are people just naturally glass half full in Canadia? Lots of positivity around Axl on this one but having listened, he's clearly a bit ill and to my ears, his worst show of the entire tour...sadly! 

I thought it was just an average show on this tour, neither the worst nor the best.

18 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Are people just naturally glass half full in Canadia? Lots of positivity around Axl on this one but having listened, he's clearly a bit ill and to my ears, his worst show of the entire tour...sadly! 

Well it's aboot time we git to discussin' some Guns N' Roses over maple syrup and beers, eh?

I think it was just clear that Axl was giving his physical performance everything he has, and that more than made up for the rough vocals. I'm not going to pretend the verses of There Was A Time, for example, sounded good, but the effort was there and Slash rocking one of his best takes on a Chinese Democracy solo more than made up for it.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Not all Canadians. I went in 2016. Haven't seen them since because Axl doesn't sound good.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • ABSUЯD 1