09/03/23 - Toronto, CAN - Rogers Stadium

downzy

Setlist: It’s So Easy, Bad Obsession, Chinese Democracy, Slither, Mr. Brownstone, Hard Skool, Rumble/Welcome To The Jungle, Perhaps, Pretty Tied Up, Double Talkin’ Jive, Reckless Life, Estranged, You Could Be Mine, Absurd, Live And Let Die, Rocket Queen, T.V. Eye, Down On The Farm, Anything Goes, Madagascar, Civil War/(Voodoo Child), Band Introductions, Slash Solo/Sweet Child O’ Mine, November Rain, Wichita Lineman, There Was A Time, Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door, Coma, Nightrain, Paradise City

(HTGTH)

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

57 minutes ago, Amir said:

Is this the first time that Madagascar and Civil War have been played one after the other (i.e. both songs sample “What we’ve got here… is failure to communicate”)?

The entire quotes section from Maddy was omitted. I guess that's why we can now actually hear Fortus (who was great tonight)

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Even on the classics I felt that was the least Slash has "noodled" his way through the solos. He was on tonight.

That's what impressed me the most tonight too, he aced the ones that he'd usually autopilot through. That paired with an awesome and somehow unpredictable setlist made it special for sure.

1 hour ago, kingcanyon said:

NEW Song "Ballad" it sounds epic

Those synth strings sound good, but one day they need to get at least a string section to join them for this, Maddy, TIL, and Prostitute.

Also I want that jacket, I'm glad the 2010-style jackets are back :axl:

I wonder if Slash acknowledges to himself just how fucking awesome that Bucket TWAT solo is, he's doing a great job on it now.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, Amir said:

Those synth strings sound good, but one day they need to get at least a string section to join them for this, Maddy, TIL, and Prostitute.

Also I want that jacket, I'm glad the 2010-style jackets are back :axl:

I wonder if Slash acknowledges to himself just how fucking awesome that Bucket TWAT solo is, he's doing a great job on it now.

Yeah, I like how he keeps true to the main, important themes of the solo, but then plays it with his style. 

• GNFNR 1