Any word on 2002 VMA rehearsal footage?

2 hours ago, Dean said:

Same dude allegedly has/had the full GNR Wembley 91 gig along with other goodies. I believe he has claimed to have lost everything

Leeds. Fucking Leeds. Phenomenal.

A proshot of MSG 2002 would be fucking unreal.

Greaaaaaat! Lesson to all hoarders....backup your fucking drives and share with one safe source or better yet ...don't bloody hoard as this can always happen....was this our only source? Lost potentially forever as MTV probably don't even have that anymore....

G-d…. I remember all the rumors and Jimmy kept HINTING it all night and I was watching in a college dorm with friends..  damn when they were announced and the camera panned to Axl.. And then Buckethead.. and..

it was just SILENCE in the room.. like 10 of us were just shocked into silence for 30 seconds until someone else z claimed “what in the fuck is this shit” and others started laughing.

I was horrified. I don’t think I even listened to GNR until like 4 years later when I went to one of the Hammerstein shows in nyc..

I never need to see any of that footage again.. 

• Like 4

On 8/25/2023 at 12:07 PM, ©GnrPersia said:

No it wasn't. It was a great promo for 2002 lineup and tour. Unfortunately things didn't go as planned in that show and also for the tour.

I remember watching it in 2002 and was super excited about him getting world attention. Also that Madagascar performance was phenomenal.

Yes it was a complete disaster :shrugs:

On 8/25/2023 at 8:34 PM, Arnuld said:

Is this really anything more than a novelty? I would not pay anything for this. I think Robin and Bucket are great guitarists but they looked like freaks in 2002

2002 Robin was something else. 2006 was a million times better.

There are several bits out there, but frankly, if the whole thing exists and someone's been hoarding it, I think they've missed the boat. The value might have been high in 00's or possibly still in early 10's, but now it's too late. I myself used to want it, but now it's like meh, I can take it or leave it.
A mysterious era, definitely, but it was 20 years ago. Too late for any excitement about this video and too early to make serious dough out of it as if you've just discovered some previously unknown Elvis video long time after his death. Again, meh. 

• Like 1