Any word on 2002 VMA rehearsal footage?

I removed a few years ago someone claimed to have full video of the 02’ vma rehearsal. There was about 1 minute teaser clip that showed Axl on a red jersey and bucket with a strange mask, no bucket. The guy wanted a fortune for it. Since the reunion, I don’t think as many care. I’d still love to see if. Any have any info? 

House Of Blues 2001 leaked, the 2002 VMA rehearsals has not, at least to my knowledge. 

I'm surprised no one bought it at $500. It may be worth that as trade bait, if anything. I'd watch it as a curiosity, of course. 

Just gotta find someone who works at MTV, with the proper access. I believe that is how it got out there to begin with.

15 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

Obviously I do, hence why I started the tread lol. I know it’s not everyone’s jam, but it was cool to see after so many years of Axl MIA. 

Same here. I'm still chasing hoarders regarding this tape. It would be very nice to see a rehearsal video of that lineup. And it very well can complement the VMA performance video.

Besides there's literally no full proshot footage of any 2002 show except VMAs.

The clips from Tacoma and 2002 American Tour promo showing asian shows makes me crave for more. My ultimate dream is to have a 2002 full proshot concert video. The Leeds screen recording is a proof of how exciting such a content could have been.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Same here. I'm still chasing hoarders regarding this tape. It would be very nice to see a rehearsal video of that lineup. And it very well can complement the VMA performance video.

Besides there's literally no full proshot footage of any 2002 show except VMAs.

The clips from Tacoma and 2002 American Tour promo showing asian shows makes me crave for more. My ultimate dream is to have a 2002 full proshot concert video. The Leeds screen recording is a proof of how exciting such a content could have been.

Yeah any 02’ pro shot would be amazing! First time I saw guns live was with this lineup. I had low expectations after seeing the VMA’s, but I was blown away by the energy Axl had! LALD was the best it’s ever been during that tour. His scream just kept going! I saw them in Pittsburgh and the next day bought tickets to the DC show. Unfortunately, it never happened, as the promoter pulled the plug after the Philly riot

I would put his vocal delivery at the 2002 VMAs as on par with RIR 2011 and bad-day Mickey shows from years onward in terms of cringe, personally I never quite understood years ago the high demand and mystery around the rehearsals for it. 

So for me I just would be interested if there are more clips of Axl complaining to the sound crew in between songs lol

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1