Anyone got something GNR related on the bucket list?

10 minutes ago, evader said:

If any of you haven't seen Bucket perform live, you owe it to yourselves to add THAT to your bucket list.

Bucket, Brain and Brewer in 2017 is one of the best shows I've been to. Also saw him in 2012 (playing to a backing track) and he was still great, he handed me a gift at that show, but seeing him play with a band was special. I hope he tours in Canada again eventually.

• Like 3

Main thing for me would be to see Bucket live but given he’s unlikely to come to the UK and my health limits my ability to travel not sure if that’s really on the cards.

I feel fortunate in that I’ve seen Guns and numerous members live outside Guns. 

The big thing for me which I never thought would happen was the Replacements reunion. That was a major bucket thing for me especially as I never thought Tommy and Paul would do the rounds again and given they’re not that well known over here I doubted there’d be UK dates. The show I saw at the Roundhouse was a real pinch yourself moment. It was also fun that Josh was in the band - made a hell of a rhythm section with Tommy - pleased some of the early Chinese songs leaked so we could hear them together in a GN’R context. 

Edited by Seb91
  • Like 3

On 9/14/2023 at 11:32 PM, adamsapple said:

I'm making a bucket list and it wouldn't be complete without some GNR on there. Come to think of it, most of what I wished for regarding GNR came true for me, so I can not complain. One thing left is seeing them perform my favourite GNR song (Breakdown) in person, but I'm afraid that can't happen anymore. Maybe they do it on one of the remaining tour dates and I can see a video. After all, the last time they did this song live for more than 30 years ago. Another thing would be to conduct an in depth interview with Axl. But I take it he's not much into interviews lol.

I was wondering what is that one GNR related thing you wish for the most? Not talking lineups or a new album and all, more like seeing them in a special town or venue, seeing a special song performed live and stuff? Care to share?

I'd love to see an Izzy Stradlin solo gig. It'd be amazing if he did another tour. Huge fan of his solo albums and to hear him do it live would be absolutely awesome. 

A Tommy Stinson solo show is also high on my list. Preferably with him doing a mixture of solo stuff, Bash & Pop, Perfect and Cowboys In The Campfire. 

Edited by username
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, evader said:

If any of you haven't seen Bucket perform live, you owe it to yourselves to add THAT to your bucket list.

It's a complicated thing for me. Bucket's output has been insanely vast. He does *SO* much! I absolutely love some of that, but he's also done stuff that really isn't my thing. I'm generally more into his slower melodic and atmopheric stuff. If I can get a guarantee that he'd play mainly that, I'd LOVE to see him live. However, there's also a chance he'll only play stuff I'm just not into at all. 

• Like 1