GTA VI

D4NNY

Given the recent announcement of the trailer due early December and multiple mentions of it in other threads I thought it would be appropriate to make this for all things related to the game. 

What are peoples expectations? What do you think the trailer will reveal? I think we all know it’s returning to Vice City given the previous leaks but rumours are crazy in terms of map size and multiple cities.

How many protagonists? Two seems to be the obvious answer but who knows what RS could twist since the leak.

What do we think the plot will based around or what kind of story are you hoping for?

In previous games we’ve had returning characters making short but sweet cameos, who do we expect would make an appearance from GTA V? 

Music discussion is always fun also, what are you hoping to be available on the radio stations? DJ Tommy would be a nice return but obviously never gonna happen!

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

I'm so pumped for this. I expect nothing less than the best game that has ever been created. 

Chinese democracy of games? I am looking forward to this too. I want a solid single player game to it. Am concerned that will be maybe ignored in favour of online. Traditional DLC would be welcome as in single player add-ons. I don't hate gta online or anything but much prefer the stand alone experience.

It's in Vice City right? will feel good to drive around there again

• Like 2

Just now, Rindmelon said:

Chinese democracy of games? I am looking forward to this too. I want a solid single player game to it. Am concerned that will be maybe ignored in favour of online. Traditional DLC would be welcome as in single player add-ons. I don't hate gta online or anything but much prefer the stand alone experience.

It's in Vice City right? will feel good to drive around there again

It's certainly the Chinese democracy of Video Games in regards to anticipation and waiting.

The videos from the leak a couple years ago already looked promising 

1 minute ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

It's certainly the Chinese democracy of Video Games in regards to anticipation and waiting.

The videos from the leak a couple years ago already looked promising 

i saw some of that stuff but it became hard to separate what was real from what was fake. For years people have been uploading video's they have made in Unreal engine and claiming its gta 6 leaks, it seems never ending so i just put a self imposed ban on looking at the stuff until something official happened.

13 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

I'm so pumped for this. I expect nothing less than the best game that has ever been created. 

It’s going to be absolutely amazing, I think none of us can doubt that. Just a shame it’s taken this long and we’re still probably about a year and half from release as well. When you consider it’s been ten years since V, in ‘01 to ‘11 they released a ton of games including 4 major GTA games. Perfection obviously takes time though I guess. 

1 minute ago, D4NNY said:

It’s going to be absolutely amazing, I think none of us can doubt that. Just a shame it’s taken this long and we’re still probably about a year and half from release as well. When you consider it’s been ten years since V, in ‘01 to ‘11 they released a ton of games including 4 major GTA games. Perfection obviously takes time though I guess. 

Apparently you can't take all of your guns with you anymore but you have to store most of them somewhere. At least that's what an article said a few days ago.

6 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Apparently you can't take all of your guns with you anymore but you have to store most of them somewhere. At least that's what an article said a few days ago.

I don’t know how I’d feel about that.. I guess in the sense of realism it could be a fun aspect but there’s been many a time in previous games I’ve gone through my whole arsenal within one rampage, so that could lead to some very boring rampages if I have to get to certain locations to retrieve more weapons or ammunition. 

One small detail I’d like to return is the 6 star wanted level instead of 5. I want 6 to be full on army in action, tanks blocking roads and an obvious death sentence. The last two didn’t have that feature though so I won’t get my hopes up.

10 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

I expect the songs will be constantly updated, depends when the game is actually set i guess

Just read a rumour that the Joe Rogan podcast could feature on a station. Maybe taking over from Lazlow 🤷🏻‍♂️

43 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

I  hope not we need Lazlow, the voice takes me back to Vice City

Sadly I think he’s out for this one, iirc he left a couple of years ago due to his sisters declining health and he was absolutely heartbroken by it all. Hopefully one day he can return and be in a happier and more peaceful place in his life

On 11/15/2023 at 4:50 AM, D4NNY said:

Yeah, though in fairness GTA V was far more ambitious than any previous GTA game and it sounds like GTA VI will be even more so.  

The way I look at it Rockstar gives us a magna opus every five years or so.  RDR 2 is probably my favourite game of all time in terms of scope, detail, storyline, etc.  It was spectacular.  I wouldn't want them to sacrifice anything for the sake of faster releases. 

I do agree that it would be nicer if they could service each game that wasn't completely reliant on the online platform.  I've found both GTA online and RDR online daunting and difficult to navigate.  But ultimately I'm in the minority and Rockstar has made a ton of money by using their online platforms to provide new content.  Just isn't in my thing.

I think GTA VI will be the game that finally gets me to buy a new console (likely a PS5).  I just don't have the time or energy to play games much anymore.  But GTA and RDR games are special for me.  So I'm looking forward to its release, though I'm not expecting anything until maybe late 2024 or spring 2025 (my money is on spring 2025 or possibly fall 2025).  

On 11/15/2023 at 5:54 AM, D4NNY said:

Just read a rumour that the Joe Rogan podcast could feature on a station. Maybe taking over from Lazlow 🤷🏻‍♂️

I doubt (and hope) that's not true. 

Outside of music artists, GTA has never included real people in their worlds, just satirical takes on celebrities and trends at the time.  

What would make more sense is if they have a Rogan-like podcaster that satirizes people like Rogan, with potential guests that take on guys like Elon Musk, Jordan Peterson, Andrew Tate, and incel culture.  

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Yeah, though in fairness GTA V was far more ambitious than any previous GTA game and it sounds like GTA VI will be even more so.  

The way I look at it Rockstar gives us a magna opus every five years or so.  RDR 2 is probably my favourite game of all time in terms of scope, detail, storyline, etc.  It was spectacular.  I wouldn't want them to sacrifice anything for the sake of faster releases. 

I do agree that it would be nicer if they could service each game that wasn't completely reliant on the online platform.  I've found both GTA online and RDR online daunting and difficult to navigate.  But ultimately I'm in the minority and Rockstar has made a ton of money by using their online platforms to provide new content.  Just isn't in my thing.

I think GTA VI will be the game that finally gets me to buy a new console (likely a PS5).  I just don't have the time or energy to play games much anymore.  But GTA and RDR games are special for me.  So I'm looking forward to its release, though I'm not expecting anything until maybe late 2024 or spring 2025 (my money is on spring 2025 or possibly fall 2025).  

That is true, it must be a daunting process, you release a game like V and then have to follow that up.. how the hell do you even begin with such a task? The amount of pressure on the creators, game devs etc must be incredibly intense. Saying that though, I do truly believe GTA Online is one of the main reasons for such a gap between V and VI, it was an incredible idea and after rocky first year online became its own successful beast and so easy to immerse yourself in for hours upon hours (which I did). I have drifted away from online due to it just being saturated with so much of the same thing, and those trolls on their oppressors.. god how I despise them trolls.

RDR 2 helped me through the beginning of Covid, that first lock down I still worked but limited hours so that game was my distraction from all the shit hitting the fan so it will probably always have a special place in my heart.

As for the release, I feel you are correct with spring 2025, but I feel it is so similar to our experience as being fans of GNR.. its always a guessing game 😅

I have to admit that I'm a former GTA Online addict. I'm interested in where they go with the next version of that.

9 hours ago, downzy said:

What would make more sense is if they have a Rogan-like podcaster that satirizes people like Rogan, with potential guests that take on guys like Elon Musk, Jordan Peterson, Andrew Tate, and incel culture.  

And Alex Jones :lol:

1 hour ago, Ace Spade said:

I have to admit that I'm a former GTA Online addict. I'm interested in where they go with the next version of that.

I think they already did an Alex Jones parody in GTA V (and maybe even earlier).  I looked it up - it was GTA IV that had an Alex Jones parody character (his name was John Smith). 

At least I remember one of the stations having a raving conspiracy theorist as host with people calling in about alien sightings (or something along those lines).  

36 minutes ago, downzy said:

I think they already did an Alex Jones parody in GTA V (and maybe even earlier). 

At least I remember one of the stations having a raving conspiracy theorist as host with people calling in about alien sightings (or something along those lines).  

"Blaine County Radio Community Hour"

"Blaine County Radio Community Hour is a podcast and radio talk show on Blaine County Talk Radio in Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online, hosted by Ron Jakowski."

"The show consists of replays of podcasts in which Ron discusses his various paranoid conspiracy theories. The show also takes calls from listeners who share various conspiracy theories of their own. "

Alex is more political though. Could be more of a Coast to Coast AM parody?

https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Blaine_County_Radio_Community_Hour

Edited by Ace Spade

49 minutes ago, Ace Spade said:

"Blaine County Radio Community Hour"

"Blaine County Radio Community Hour is a podcast and radio talk show on Blaine County Talk Radio in Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online, hosted by Ron Jakowski."

"The show consists of replays of podcasts in which Ron discusses his various paranoid conspiracy theories. The show also takes calls from listeners who share various conspiracy theories of their own. "

Alex is more political though. Could be more of a Coast to Coast AM parody?

https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Blaine_County_Radio_Community_Hour

I edited my post above to note that the Alex Jones parody was in GTA IV, not V.

https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/John_Smith

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ace Spade said:

I wonder if you will be able to transfer your current online character or have to start from scratch completely? Definitely interesting to see what they do with online

Reminds me I still haven't finished 5. And what a great game that was. I also have PTSDs from SA's mini helicopters and all I had to do is follow the damn train, CJ! 

As for the older ones, 2 is an absolute legend. Running over the Elvis guys was just precious. 

• Haha 1

On 11/17/2023 at 4:50 AM, D4NNY said:

I wonder if you will be able to transfer your current online character or have to start from scratch completely? Definitely interesting to see what they do with online

They'll probably make you join their GTA +subscription service. I don't mind though. I grinded my character to over 150 in both PS3 and PS4.

Then again, who knows exactly what they'll do with t next online. It could be an entirely new thing. GTA Online is pretty much the biggest thing in gaming ever.