GTA VI

D4NNY

On 11/16/2023 at 1:55 PM, downzy said:

Yeah, though in fairness GTA V was far more ambitious than any previous GTA game and it sounds like GTA VI will be even more so.  

The way I look at it Rockstar gives us a magna opus every five years or so.  RDR 2 is probably my favourite game of all time in terms of scope, detail, storyline, etc.  It was spectacular.  I wouldn't want them to sacrifice anything for the sake of faster releases. 

I do agree that it would be nicer if they could service each game that wasn't completely reliant on the online platform.  I've found both GTA online and RDR online daunting and difficult to navigate.  But ultimately I'm in the minority and Rockstar has made a ton of money by using their online platforms to provide new content.  Just isn't in my thing.

I think GTA VI will be the game that finally gets me to buy a new console (likely a PS5).  I just don't have the time or energy to play games much anymore.  But GTA and RDR games are special for me.  So I'm looking forward to its release, though I'm not expecting anything until maybe late 2024 or spring 2025 (my money is on spring 2025 or possibly fall 2025).  

I'm praying for a timely PC release for this. I'd love to give this to my graphics card to chew on and I don't think I'd get away with sneaking a PS5 into the house at the moment. :D  

8 hours ago, Ace Spade said:

They'll probably make you join their GTA +subscription service. I don't mind though. I grinded my character to over 150 in both PS3 and PS4.

Then again, who knows exactly what they'll do with t next online. It could be an entirely new thing. GTA Online is pretty much the biggest thing in gaming ever.

I hope not, I was a bit surprised they added that in the first place as an extra. Just seemed a bit of character for Rockstar. I doubt they’d make it so you have to pay to play online, that would be a bit of a kick in teeth 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Apparently there'll be story dlc's. I just hope they don't put too much focus on shit to buy but on the story itself.

This. V really missed out with story dlcs. The two for IV were brilliant, I found myself actually playing TBOGT more than the main game due to the extra features 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

December 5th!!

I remember the first time I got access to YouTube when I was younger, the first thing I did was watch a youtube playthrough of GTA 5 on my IPad since i wasn't allowed to have the game lol. (Tmartn's let's play series to be specific, awesome youtuber btw)
The nostalgia this time around is gonna be crazy, I can't wait to see what groundbreaking stuff Rockstar has done for this one!

I'm glad the "Project Americas" rumor looks to be true (if they stuck with it). Each GTA needs to add new things, and it looks like there's going to be drug smuggling over the border, and going through the GTA version of the Bermuda Triangle (they better go all out with that with the usual GTA style of humor.)

This is looking very promising, hope its actually GTA 6 and not a GTA Online integrated reboot. Looking forward.

Edited by YourRocketDing

The son of the guy who is head of development has leaked a clip of the game. Not 100% confirmed as real but it’s pretty clear it is. Also there has been a leaked convo from the head of development which he *confirms*-

“There have also been screenshots of a conversation with Aaron Garbut himself posted with him allegedly confirming that the leaks are real, with him also confirming that the game will have 3 major cities, four “sub cities”, and that all of them surround a “large lake in the middle of the map.”

The game sounds huge!

It's out there, easy to find

*****Spoilers*****

What I find most interesting is the absolute clear love and callback to Vice city, its advertised with a logo in the exact same style as the original game.  It seems to be literally vice city based in the modern day.

Edited by Axls_Moustache_Rules

Ehhh.... too much big booty, of different colours. If you watched the trailer and are familiar with the climate of the entertainment industry atm, you may know what I mean...

Mexicans and Spaniards are awesome though, but then we get a old white lady with two hammers... who is angry for some reason. Hmmm....

If GTA6 is able to play around that.... I hope they do. Because fine I get it I guess.... white people bad?....

Game looks awesome btw, way more appealing than GTA5.

Edited by YourRocketDing
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

3 minutes ago, YourRocketDing said:

Ehhh.... too much big booty, of different colours. If you watched the trailer and are familiar with the climate of the entertainment industry atm, you may know what I mean...

Mexicans and Spaniards are awesome though, but then we get a old white lady with two hammers... who is angry for some reason. Hmmm....

If GTA6 is able to play around that.... I hope they do. Because fine I get it I guess.... white people bad?....

Way to already jump to stupid conclusions without knowing shit 

1 hour ago, YourRocketDing said:

Thank you for reminding us that there's no one more sensitive these days than white men.

36 minutes ago, twistoflemon21 said:

We may get a second GTA before we get a new GNR album. 

May?

Rockstar makes generational masterpieces. Although I didn't finish GTA V (my 360 got red ringed half way through), it was a great game. RDR2 is arguably the greatest game ever made. 

I am looking forward to playing this and continuing my tradition of never finishing a GTA game (not because I dislike them, life just always got in the way for some reason)

I still feel like V is a new game. Fucking hell, 10 years?!

• Like 2