Guns N'Roses Member quirks? 😀

4 minutes ago, Karice said:

I think Guns N'Roses added Melissa to show they are accepting of a young Female as a band member. 😇🤔 All of her Co-workers are old enough to be her Fathers. She's only around 33 and her oldest coworker is 61. The other Coworkers are around 58. Her Coworkers are all Baby Boomers and she's a Millennial. Guns N'Roses also hired Frank Ferrer who is fully black, once again showing how accepting they are. 😇🤔

Melissa and I are the same age! I'm not in a band though. 

I thought Frank was biracial. (Partially Cuban?) He certainly doesn't look fully black.

12 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Melissa and I are the same age! I'm not in a band though. 

I thought Frank was biracial. (Partially Cuban?) He certainly doesn't look fully black.

I think Frank LOOKS fully black to me, but he could be a dark skinned Latino/Hispanic. 🤔💡 i have seen fully black people who look lighter than him. 🤔💡

1 hour ago, Karice said:

I think Frank LOOKS fully black to me, but he could be a dark skinned Latino/Hispanic. 🤔💡 i have seen fully black people who look lighter than him. 🤔💡

It is possible, but at first glance, I think most folks would agree Frank looks bi-racial. I live near a city with a large black population, and most who are not bi-racial are significantly darker than Frank. But genetics are complex, of course so there are exceptions to everything.

18 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

It is possible, but at first glance, I think most folks would agree Frank looks bi-racial. I live near a city with a large black population, and most who are not bi-racial are significantly darker than Frank. But genetics are complex, of course so there are exceptions to everything.

Speaking of Biracial, I just recently found out that Slash is Biracial. I had always assumed before that he was fully white. 💡🤔

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Karice said:

Speaking of Biracial, I just recently found out that Slash is Biracial. I had always assumed before that he was fully white. 💡🤔

Ah yes, he seems to look more white than black, that's for sure. I worked with a woman who was half white and black, and she too looked mostly white. Amazing how genetics work. :) 

• Thanks 1

Axl has this quirk where he would randomly rant in concerts about the childhood abuse his Stepfather, Stephen Bailey did to him and the sexual abuse his biological father, William Rose Senior did to him  and the neglect his Mother showed by not DIVORCING Stephen and taking William/Axl, Stuart, and Amy with her. At least she didn't stay with William Rose Senior. I saw a concert rant where Fans were fucking CHEERING while Axl seemed to be having a mental breakdown on stage during a rant about his childhood abuse. It was creepy. 🥶

Edited by Karice

6 minutes ago, Karice said:

Axl has this quirk where he would randomly rant in concerts about the childhood abuse his Stepfather, Stephen Bailey did to him and the sexual abuse his biological father, William Rose Senior did to him  and the neglect his Mother showed by not DIVORCING Stephen and taking William/Axl, Stuart, and Amy with her. At least she didn't stay with William Rose Senior. I saw a concert rant where Fans were fucking CHEERING while Axl seemed to be having a mental breakdown on stage during a rant about his childhood abuse. It was creepy. 🥶

He used to rant a lot at shows between songs, I don't really think he has done it since the 2002 shows though. If you listen to some of the older ones when he starts to go on too long you can hear either Slash or duff hit a random chord or note on guitar as if there trying to say 'Ok lets hurry it up now man, we need to actually play some songs now'

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Karice said:

That's one thing that always freaked me out too about the audience, I know a lot of people thought Axl's rant were funny but I've always just thought they were sad, and to have people cheering someone who is clearly like two seconds away from a mental breakdown is just dystopian 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Karice said:

I think Guns N'Roses added Melissa to show they are accepting of a young Female as a band member. 😇🤔 All of her Co-workers are old enough to be her Fathers. She's only around 33 and her oldest coworker is 61. The other Coworkers are around 58. Her Coworkers are all Baby Boomers and she's a Millennial. Guns N'Roses also hired Frank Ferrer who is fully black, once again showing how accepting they are. 😇🤔

I don't know why she lied about her age (her yearbook photos from 2001 are online...) but she was somewhat involved before Chinese was even released:

My friend Brain is the drummer for Guns N' Roses (he also used to be the drummer for Primus). He wrote two of the songs on the new Guns N' Roses record 'Chinese Democracy" released late last year. He and his musical collaborator Melissa Reese worked up a hip hop/club version of the song 'Shackler's Revenge" with programmed beats and additional loops and cool sounds. They asked me to mix it. I've been chipping away at it for a few weeks over the Christmas holidays and finally I think it is done. I'm quite happy with how it turned out, it is pretty wacky though! (later, sometime in February) Brain called to say that Axl Rose finally heard the remix and really likes it. Yay!.. (Sean Beresford Sunday,January, 2009)
The remix actually was posted on Sean's profile page for a short time before being removed.

^quote from @Rindmelon on discord

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BluegrassBlues said:

That's one thing that always freaked me out too about the audience, I know a lot of people thought Axl's rant were funny but I've always just thought they were sad, and to have people cheering someone who is clearly like two seconds away from a mental breakdown is just dystopian 

Yeah, it's creepy and weird. "Axl: My Stepfather used to punch me in the face every day when I was a child and my Mother didn't stop him! " 😭🤬😡 The crowd: 🤣😜🤭

Creepy and weird shit! 🥶

• Like 1