Guns N'Roses Member quirks? 😀

Slash has a quirk where he rambles/mumbles incoherently! 🤭🤣 In an Australian show in around 1988, Slash said something that sounded like,"Nabalenyhunubaveveve." A fan said something like,"Slash was saying,"Alright, you kicked Japan's ass, now let's see about the next one."🤣  You've gotta be a super Slash Fan to be able to decipher what the hell he was saying there! 🤣 Jan would have most likely deciphered what the hell Slash was saying there! 🤣🤭😏

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Karice said:

Slash has a quirk where he rambles/mumbles incoherently! 🤭🤣 In an Australian show in around 1988, Slash said something that sounded like,"Nabalenyhunubaveveve." A fan said something like,"Slash was saying,"Alright, you kicked Japan's ass, now let's see about the next one."🤣  You've gotta be a super Slash Fan to be able to decipher what the hell he was saying there! 🤣 Jan would have most likely deciphered what the hell Slash was saying there! 🤣🤭😏

I guess it not was quirk, more has been drugs. Back then was most drugs.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Ratam said:

I guess it not was quirk, more has been drugs. Back then was most drugs.

Yep, in 1988, Slash was dancing with Mr. Brownstone and Axl was like,"If you don't stop dancing with Mr. Brownstone, Guns N'Roses will no longer exist!" Slash took Axl's threat very seriously and tried to seriously stop dancing with Mr. Brownstone. 

Not really a physical/acting quirk, more like lyrical quirks.

i saw people talking about how important or not Izzy is as a songwriter to the band, so I looked at Izzy's solo discography.

And with the lyrics, I find it hilarious how much he and Axl are on opposite ends with how they deal with things/people that aggravate them. Izzy's lyrics have those things hit him for a short time, maybe he bites back a bit, then the event bounces or rolls off. His lyrics are short and he isn't going to spend more time on it than he wants to. While Axl's lyrics show this romantic that gets into deep turmoil over getting heartbroken, these really intense emotions that dig into him.

Example of Izzy lyrics:

"Bye bye, you betcha! So long!
Bye bye, you betcha! Don't call!"

"It's nothing new, you saw it coming.
It's nothing new, don't act surprised."

"Go to hell! Go to hell! Go to hell!
Don't wish me well! Don't wish me well! Don't wish me well!"

Example of Axl lyrics on Chinese Democracy:

"So, if she's somewhere near me, I hope to God she hears me
There's no one else could ever make me feel I'm so alive
I hoped she'd never leave me, please God, you must believe me
I've trudged the universe and found myself within her eyes"

"I WOULD DO AAAAAAAAANYTHIIIING FOR YOOOOOOOUUUUU! THERE WAS A TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!"

"
You like to hurt me, you know that you do
You like to think in some way that it's me and not you
But we know that isn't true
You like to have me jump and be good, but I don't want to do it
You don't know why I won't act the way you think I should
You thought they'd make me behave and submit, submit
What were you thinking?
'Cause I don't forget
You don't know why I won't give in
Hell with the pressure, I'm not caving in
You know that I got under your skin
You sold your soul but I won't let you win
You talk too much, you say I do
Difference is nobody cares about you
"

It's amazing that these opposites came together and had a period of time where they were friends working together to make songs.

And this dynamic even shows up when in that 2001 interview where Izzy talked about going to Axl's house.

"And I go up and he's got security gates, cameras, walls, all this shit, you know. So I'm ringing the buzzers, and eventually somebody comes and takes me up and there he is. He's like, ''Hey, man! Glad to see you!' Gives me a big hug and shows me round his house. It was great.

"Then, I don't know, probably a month later, one night he calls me [and] we got into the issue of me leaving Guns N' Roses. I told him how it was on my side. Told him exactly how I felt about it and why I left. And man, that's the last time I've talked to the guy!

"But, I mean he had a fucking notepad. I could hear him [turning the pages] going, 'Well, ah, you said in 1982... blah, blah, blah...' And I'm like, what the fuck - 1982? He was bringing up a lot of really weird old shit. I'm like, whatever, man. But that's the last time I talked to him.
"

It's like the attitude in their own lyrics. Izzy going "whatever" and it bounces off him, and Axl's the one who prepared a notepad with all these things he wants to say, talking about 1982 before Guns N Roses even existed, because he's got to get all those feelings out.

Edited by BucketEgg
changed "exactly like the above" to "It's like the attitude in their own lyrics."
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

Not really a physical/acting quirk, more like lyrical quirks.

i saw people talking about how important or not Izzy is as a songwriter to the band, so I looked at Izzy's solo discography.

And with the lyrics, I find it hilarious how much he and Axl are on opposite ends with how they deal with things/people that aggravate them. Izzy's lyrics have those things hit him for a short time, maybe he bites back a bit, then the event bounces or rolls off. His lyrics are short and he isn't going to spend more time on it than he wants to. While Axl's lyrics show this romantic that gets into deep turmoil over getting heartbroken, these really intense emotions that dig into him.

Example of Izzy lyrics:

"Bye bye, you betcha! So long!
Bye bye, you betcha! Don't call!"

"It's nothing new, you saw it coming.
It's nothing new, don't act surprised."

"Go to hell! Go to hell! Go to hell!
Don't wish me well! Don't wish me well! Don't wish me well!"

Example of Axl lyrics on Chinese Democracy:

"So, if she's somewhere near me, I hope to God she hears me
There's no one else could ever make me feel I'm so alive
I hoped she'd never leave me, please God, you must believe me
I've trudged the universe and found myself within her eyes"

"I WOULD DO AAAAAAAAANYTHIIIING FOR YOOOOOOOUUUUU! THERE WAS A TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!"

"
You like to hurt me, you know that you do
You like to think in some way that it's me and not you
But we know that isn't true
You like to have me jump and be good, but I don't want to do it
You don't know why I won't act the way you think I should
You thought they'd make me behave and submit, submit
What were you thinking?
'Cause I don't forget
You don't know why I won't give in
Hell with the pressure, I'm not caving in
You know that I got under your skin
You sold your soul but I won't let you win
You talk too much, you say I do
Difference is nobody cares about you
"

It's amazing that these opposites came together and had a period of time where they were friends working together to make songs.

And this dynamic even shows up when in that 2001 interview where Izzy talked about going to Axl's house.

"And I go up and he's got security gates, cameras, walls, all this shit, you know. So I'm ringing the buzzers, and eventually somebody comes and takes me up and there he is. He's like, ''Hey, man! Glad to see you!' Gives me a big hug and shows me round his house. It was great.

"Then, I don't know, probably a month later, one night he calls me [and] we got into the issue of me leaving Guns N' Roses. I told him how it was on my side. Told him exactly how I felt about it and why I left. And man, that's the last time I've talked to the guy!

"But, I mean he had a fucking notepad. I could hear him [turning the pages] going, 'Well, ah, you said in 1982... blah, blah, blah...' And I'm like, what the fuck - 1982? He was bringing up a lot of really weird old shit. I'm like, whatever, man. But that's the last time I talked to him.
"

It's exactly like the above lyrics. Izzy going "whatever" and it bounces off him, and Axl's the one who prepared a notepad with all these things he wants to say, talking about 1982 before Guns N Roses even existed, because he's got to get all those feelings out.

It would have been nice if Axl could have convinced Izzy to come back to Guns N'Roses during their 2001 conversation. 😌

1 hour ago, Karice said:

It would have been nice if Axl could have convinced Izzy to come back to Guns N'Roses during their 2001 conversation. 😌

I think if it was ever going to happen that era was the best chance. Or 2006 maybe, I saw them with Izzy in 2006 & you sort of got the vibe that it meant something to both of them to be on stage together. Would be nice to have at least one guest spot for him like they did with Adler.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rindmelon said:

I think if it was ever going to happen that era was the best chance. Or 2006 maybe, I saw them with Izzy in 2006 & you sort of got the vibe that it meant something to both of them to be on stage together. Would be nice to have at least one guest spot for him like they did with Adler.

It would be nice if both Steven and Izzy came back to Guns N'Roses. 😌

I've thought of a new Guns N'Roses quirk. Izzy refusing to come back to Guns N'Roses just because they want to pay him less money when he willingly LEFT on his own. He took a huge payout and bounced. Izzy should just suck it up and come join his three brothers again. Steven should come back too, but Steven has health problems. Steven wants to come back and he is VERY vocal about wanting to be a Gunner again. Izzy only wants to come back if they pay him a HUGE cut of the money cake when really he deserves more like a sliver of the money Cake for abandoning them after getting a huge payout. At least Steven isn't so obsessed with money and will be much more willing to join Guns N'Roses again for pretty much dirt cheap. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

@Karice I know you take a some stick from some people who feel your threads are for lack of a better term 'unworthy'

But some of the threads you have started have the most engagement from the rest of us. The MIA thread for example is one that honestly one of us should have made long before now, and if you look at it, it seems to have brought a few people out of the woodwork and got some people to reconnect which I think is a great thing. Well done and thank you. You are appreciated here. Merry Christmas and a happy new Easter or however the saying goes (iv'e had a few beers):lol:

That's the sweetest post ever! :hug:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

@Karice I know you take a some stick from some people who feel your threads are for lack of a better term 'unworthy'

But some of the threads you have started have the most engagement from the rest of us. The MIA thread for example is one that honestly one of us should have made long before now, and if you look at it, it seems to have brought a few people out of the woodwork and got some people to reconnect which I think is a great thing. Well done and thank you. You are appreciated here. Merry Christmas and a happy new Easter or however the saying goes (iv'e had a few beers):lol:

Thank you for the warm and encouraging words! :hug: It means a lot to me! :hug:

• Like 1

The clothing choices of certain band Members just have to be quirks, right? 😜

Slash. Wore nothing but his black underwear when playing for a huge crowd.

Axl. Wore small white shorts, a black cap, and a feather boa for a huge crowd. 

Wore suspenders with no shirt and tight pants for a huge crowd. 

Wrapped his little Axl with the American flag. 😜

Wore a Charles Manson shirt... 😱😳🤨🥶😬 No, hell no! 😬🥶🤨😳😱

Wore a tacky green suit to Court. 🫠 Well, at least he showed up to court with a suit and not just shorts and a bandana like some weird fans suggested he wear to  court. 😜

😜

Edited by Karice
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Karice said:

The clothing choices of certain band Members just have to be quirks, right? 😜

Slash. Wore nothing but his black underwear when playing for a huge crowd.

Axl. Wore small white shorts, a black cap, and a feather boa for a huge crowd. 

Wore suspenders with no shirt and tight pants for a huge crowd. 

Wrapped his little Axl with the American flag. 😜

Wore a Charles Manson shirt... 😱😳🤨🥶😬 No, hell no! 😬🥶🤨😳😱

Wore a tacky green suit to Court. 🫠 Well, at least he showed up to court with a suit and not just shorts and a bandana like some weird fans suggested he wear to  court. 😜

😜

I love Axl, but he did kinda look like that leprechaun from Lucky Charms in that green suit :lol:

Edited by BluegrassBlues

2 minutes ago, BluegrassBlues said:

I love Axl, but he did kinda look like that leprechaun from Lucky Charms in that green suit :lol:

I REALLY wanted to say,"He looked like a damn leprechaun, but I just decided to call it tacky. Thank you for saying it! 😜

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Melissa has a quirk where she dresses like a sexy stripper during the performances.

I'm more than ok with that. Can't blame Brain! 

WHY does Melissa dress like a sexy stripper? She's a Keyboardist and Keyboardist generally are sitting down, not standing up. 🤔🤨

2 hours ago, Karice said:

WHY does Melissa dress like a sexy stripper? She's a Keyboardist and Keyboardist generally are sitting down, not standing up. 🤔🤨

That's a good question. Possible eye-candy for the audience? But, she more than likely likes to dress that way, which is fine of course. I don't mind.

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

That's a good question. Possible eye-candy for the audience? But, she more than likely likes to dress that way, which is fine of course. I don't mind.

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

But if she's sitting, most people won't be looking at her BODY, they'd be looking at her FACE. It would have been a completely different story if Axl had her singing lead on Guns N'Roses songs and he and Duff were singing back up and she was dancing and singing, like say Taylor Swift.

Just now, Karice said:

But if she's sitting, most people won't be looking at her BODY, they'd be looking at her FACE. It would have been a completely different story if Axl had her singing lead on Guns N'Roses songs and he and Duff were singing back up and she was dancing and singing, like say Taylor Swift.

Do you think the band exploits her as a visual enhancement, vs her performance abilities, or perhaps a combo of the both? I don't have an answer to this, but curious on your thoughts.

Guns is technically a diverse band, with both genders and different mixed ethnicities. 

18 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Do you think the band exploits her as a visual enhancement, vs her performance abilities, or perhaps a combo of the both? I don't have an answer to this, but curious on your thoughts.

Guns is technically a diverse band, with both genders and different mixed ethnicities. 

I think Guns N'Roses added Melissa to show they are accepting of a young Female as a band member. 😇🤔 All of her Co-workers are old enough to be her Fathers. She's only around 33 and her oldest coworker is 61. The other Coworkers are around 58. Her Coworkers are all Baby Boomers and she's a Millennial. Guns N'Roses also hired Frank Ferrer who is fully black, once again showing how accepting they are. 😇🤔

• Like 1