Guns N'Roses Member quirks? 😀

1 hour ago, Karice said:

One of my favorite pictures of Axl is him waving at the audience at a concert and smiling. 😀🤭 A Poster posted this picture and said something like,"Merry Christmas, GNR!" I replied something like,"Hey, it's literally middle aged Axl! Not quite 25 year old Axl, not quite 59 year old Axl(Axl was 59 at the time, 🤭, it's middle aged Axl, like 40!" 🤭 A Poster responded something like,"The waving Axl picture was actually taken like three years ago when he was 56. He didn't look anything like that when he was actually 40. You would recognize a 40 year old Axl picture because he looked shockingly different at 40, like a completely different person. At 40, he had the weird cornrows phase and the slightly botoxed look. In the waving picture, he looks a lot more natural and the cornrows are gone."

He for sure looked very different back then, It is kind of hard to believe in some shots that he is the same person as afd era or even now. But then randomly you will see a pic or clip of video from recent times and for a split second you see it.

Besides the aging the one thing that stands out is he looks happy now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

He for sure looked very different back then, It is kind of hard to believe in some shots that he is the same person as afd era or even now. But then randomly you will see a pic or clip of video from recent times and for a split second you see it.

Besides the aging the one thing that stands out is he looks happy now. 

Yep, in the waving picture, Axl has a happy glow and a sparkling life in his eyes. He truly looks happy in the waving picture. 😀

21 hours ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

For some reason Axl likes walking backwards alot during performances. Also he seems more clumsy than most front men because he has fallen quite often over his career.

I remember mentioning being confused on why Axl runs full speed backwards without thinking of obstacles on the stage and therefore falling down on stage. A Poster replied,"Axl can run full speed backwards?"🤨 He actually runs full speed forwards and walks backwards, both still resulting in him falling on stage. 💡

5 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I noticed when Axl has an interview he has an nervous tic, move all time his head.

I saw an interview where he was playing with his ear. A fan in the comments asked something like,"Why is Axl playing with his ear? 🤔🤨 the response was something like,"I think him playing with his ear is a nervous tic." 💡🤔

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I noticed when Axl has an interview he has an nervous tic, move all time his head.

also the weird handshake. Axl sometimes will shake the hand of a fan while kinda lowering himself and shift his weight to one side of his body. Another thing is the way Axl holds a guitar, his fretting hand looks kinda weird. He also does a weird thing with his pinky when he's playing the piano, positioning it in an odd angle.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rovim said:

also the weird handshake. Axl sometimes will shake the hand of a fan while kinda lowering himself and shift his weight to one side of his body. Another thing is the way Axl holds a guitar, his fretting hand looks kinda weird. He also does a weird thing with his pinky when he's playing the piano, positioning it in an odd angle.

He does that weird handshake in the NBA Finals interview in 2001! 🤭🤣

Edited by Karice
  • Like 1

I don't know if this is a quirk or not, but Axl's high pitched songs compared to his Bass Baritone speaking voice . I was SHOCKED when I heard him speak in a VERY deep and low Bass Baritone in the Steven Adler Court Case! 😳 I remember a Fan saying something like,"Axl's real speaking voice is VERY deep and low like Barry White's voice. " I thought,"Lies, blatant lies that Axl's real speaking voice sounds like Barry White! Barry White had one of the deepest and low voices ever, no way is Axl who sings so high pitch have a real speaking voice that sounds like Barry White! This fan is telling a blatant lie!" 🤨 I stood corrected when I watched the Steven Adler Court Case! 😳

Edited by Karice
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BluegrassBlues said:

I'd noticed to Axl would seem to glance towards the right a lot when speaking on stage, I have no idea if this is considered a quirk or if he was reading/ looking for ques from someone, but then again he seems like a squirmy dude 

I noticed the looking to the right thing too. I saw him do it as Older Axl and was surprised to see him do it as his younger self too. 🤔

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jamillos said:

I wonder whether Axl is a bit ambidextrous. He writes with his right, but we've all surely noticed already he usually holds the mic in his left, especially when on the mic stand. I't like 90 to 10%. Peculiar. 

I thought ambidextrous only referred to the hand you WRITE with. So if he writes with his right hand only he's not ambidextrous. 🤔💡

• Like 1