Guns N'Roses Member quirks? 😀

I only know three Guns N'Roses Member quirks.

Axl has a quirk where he makes a really intense looking face like 🥶 This face is seen in Sweet Child Of Mine video, Paradise City video, and Welcome To The Jungle video and the drunk live concert song)  A band member said that Axl gives really intense non blinking stares when he is angry or feeling pressured. 

Slash has a quirk where he tilts his head backwards while playing (Welcome To The Jungle (Drunk, live) He also plays with his eyes closed sometimes. 

I guess Steven's quirk is his big, cheesy smile like 😁 

I can't think of any other band quirks right now. Can any Posters point out any other quirks of Guns N'Roses Members? 🤔

Edited by Karice
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rindmelon said:

He seems to have started waving at the crowd in recent years. I cannot imagine him ever doing that in his younger days. It's sort a manic friendly wave that a mother might do to a child or something.... It's odd.

I find it endearing and sometimes it seems there is a sarcastic undertone to it, even if I think it's still genuine. Like he just wants to make those people happy and participate in the excitement but the "manic" thing is just him responding to the silly aspect of it in a joking manner. 

• Like 4

I have noticed the unblinking stare. It is most noticeable in the footage from the Steven Adler court case on YouTube. It is a bit disconcerting. There are lots of things he does on stage that are his thing, like the walking backwards previously mentioned but I wouldn't call them quirks, as such. 

Edit: I am talking about Axl in case you didn't figure it out.

Edited by JoJo Bonetto
  • Like 1

It's an interesting topic actually.

Not sure if it's a quirk or not, but since 2001 Axl seem to develop this habit of playing a lot with his in ear monitor and the thing attached to his waist. Also using hand gestures with angry face at the sound man to raise something up or down. Even calling them to come fix it for him (example: RIR 3 The Blues)

Although I haven't seen him doing this in recent years after the reunion.

Edited by ©GnrPersia

17 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

It's an interesting topic actually.

Not sure if it's a quirk or not, but since 2001 Axl seem to develop this habit of playing a lot with his in ear monitor and the thing attached to his waist. Also using hand gestures with angry face at the sound man to raise something up or down. Even calling them to come fix it for him (example: RIR 3 The Blues)

Although I haven't seen him doing this in recent years after the reunion.

I believe they changed the make of the IEM's they use around 2016. There's a gear video of band members being interviewed about it by the company somewhere. I think it's pretty much the first time Slash has really used them.

7 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Fortus has this thing when he loudly farts two or three times backstage, then runs out of the room giggling like a little girl.

Fartus?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I should watch more footage to confirm, but so far, I think:

On flat ground, when facing the audience, Izzy often prefers to have his left foot in front. His left leg also does most of the bobbing along to the music. I think Gilby is similar as well, but for some solos, sometimes he pushes his right side out, or has his right side face the audience.

While Slash seems to prefer his legs side by side, and sometimes wide.

I haven't figured out Duff's leg preference yet. At first I thought he was the same as Izzy, but then I saw footage of him promoting his solo album with his right leg out in front quite a lot.

I haven't seen enough footage that show Fortus's legs to figure out Fortus's leg preference either.

Buckethead seems to prefer left foot in front. He doesn't really do the up and down bobbing or stomp-like leg movement that Izzy does, more like he shifts his weight forwards and back. His feet also keep low to the ground when moving around.

I haven't seen much footage of Ashba yet. Possibly a side-by-side foot preference?

Edited by BucketEgg
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoJo Bonetto said:

I have noticed the unblinking stare. It is most noticeable in the footage from the Steven Adler court case on YouTube. It is a bit disconcerting. There are lots of things he does on stage that are his thing, like the walking backwards previously mentioned but I wouldn't call them quirks, as such. 

Edit: I am talking about Axl in case you didn't figure it out.

I think it has to do with him wearing contacts, I wear them and my gf is constantly telling me to blink because I look like a creepy lizard person lol I just forget 

• Like 1

To the Poster who mentioned that Axl does the intense non blinking state in the Steven Adler Court Case, I was thinking about posting something like,"Axl does this intense non blinking stare in the Steven Adler Court Case," in my op, but Iwad remiss to not have mentioned it. 🤭🤔😏

On 12/21/2023 at 12:15 PM, Rindmelon said:

He seems to have started waving at the crowd in recent years. I cannot imagine him ever doing that in his younger days. It's sort a manic friendly wave that a mother might do to a child or something.... It's odd.

One of my favorite pictures of Axl is him waving at the audience at a concert and smiling. 😀🤭 A Poster posted this picture and said something like,"Merry Christmas, MYGNR!" I replied something like,"Hey, it's literally middle aged Axl! Not quite 25 year old Axl, not quite 59 year old Axl(Axl was 59 at the time, 🤭, it's middle aged Axl, like 40!" 🤭 A Poster responded something like,"The waving Axl picture was actually taken like three years ago when he was 56. He didn't look anything like that when he was actually 40. You would recognize a 40 year old Axl picture because he looked shockingly different at 40, like a completely different person. At 40, he had the weird cornrows phase and the slightly botoxed look. In the waving picture, he looks a lot more natural and the cornrows are gone."

Edited by Karice
  • Like 2