What would have happened if Axl ever left Guns N'Roses? πŸ€”

On 2/14/2024 at 2:13 PM, Karice said:

Speaking of a band firing their Front man, Kajagoogoo fired their Front man and quickly crashed and burned after having only one major hit when he was still the Front man.Β 

Replacing a troubled front man can be beneficial too though.

Look at Iron Maiden who fired their singer Paul Dianno and replaced him with Bruce Dickinson and became more popular then ever.Β 

Another one is ACDC who fired Dave Evans and replaced him with Bon Scott who they wrote and performed many of their classic hit songs with.

Pink Floyds original singer Syd Barrett fired and David Gilmore / Roger Walters took over.

Genesis after Peter Gabriel left we got Phil Collins step up as singer and they blew up.

Faith no more singer Chuck Mosely replaced by Mike Patton and the rest is history.

Β 

• Like 2

I wonder what would have happened ifΒ  the Guns fired Axl on an extended period like a year, and not just something VERY short like a weekend and Duff and Izzy became co Front men and Fans were like,"You guys SUCK majorly asΒ  co Front men! We want Axl back!" And boycotted Guns and Guns ended up BEGGING Axl to come back and he was smugly,"Now you guys need me!Β  And they're like,"Please, come back! We're sinking fast without you! We need you back!" Axl begrudgingly agrees to come back to Guns N'Roses and everyone, especially the Fans are happy! πŸ˜€

• ABSUΠ―D 1

7 hours ago, vloors said:

Replacing a troubled front man can be beneficial too though.

Look at Iron Maiden who fired their singer Paul Dianno and replaced him with Bruce Dickinson and became more popular then ever.Β 

Another one is ACDC who fired Dave Evans and replaced him with Bon Scott who they wrote and performed many of their classic hit songs with.

Pink Floyds original singer Syd Barrett fired and David Gilmore / Roger Walters took over.

Genesis after Peter Gabriel left we got Phil Collins step up as singer and they blew up.

Faith no more singer Chuck Mosely replaced by Mike Patton and the rest is history.

Β 

it worked sometimes, many other times it didn't work. depends on the band. in most bands there are always members you can't replace. I think that in Gn'R for example,. you can't replace Axl and it was a failed attempt to replace Slash if the goal was to experience success that could have been as big with Slash in the band or create new Gn'R music. when you bring too much musical personality to the table and your image/sound are unique, it's almost impossible to do it imo.

a good example is Iron Maiden. once they found a guy like Bruce which was a perfect fit for what they were trying to do, replacing him was not easy when he bailed and eventually they failed in replacing him properly until Bruce came back.

replacing Axl would have turned Gn'R to a different band that is not Gn'R at all, kinda like VR sounded like,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

let's face it, no Axl, no Gn'R, no Slash, no Gn'R, not really. I love Izzy and I love Duff and Steven, but the essential ingredients are Axl and Slash if it's gonna be Gn'R imho.

I wonder what would have happened if Axl and Slash decided to split up and have Axl singing and Slash be the only guitarist.,.πŸ€”πŸ’‘ A Duo like Hall And Oates although Hall And Oates are going through a bad time now. Maybe they would be called Rose Hudson... Or Hudson RoseπŸ’‘πŸ€”

Edited by Karice
  • Haha 1