Back covers of Appetite and Illusion super deluxe editions

Hi guys.

So yesterday was my birthday and after hinting to my wife that the super deluxe version of Illusion (the 7 CD and Blu Ray version) had come down in price to 199 dollars from the NZ JB hi-fi, bless her heart she got me it. Awesome as it looks and as much as I'm looking forward to enjoying it one thing about the packaging fucks me off. The tracklisting of the seven CDs and the Blu Ray is on a cardboard backing which isn't attached to the box. Similar to how with the Appetite super deluxe edition with the CDs and Blu Ray the tracklisting is on a piece of paper very loosely attached to it's box. It's a fucking pain trying to store both so they won't get ripped.

What'd everyone else do with them? I'm thinking the easiest thing might be to get them laminated. Thoughts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Hi guys.

So yesterday was my birthday and after hinting to my wife that the super deluxe version of Illusion (the 7 CD and Blu Ray version) had come down in price to 199 dollars from the NZ JB hi-fi, bless her heart she got me it. Awesome as it looks and as much as I'm looking forward to enjoying it one thing about the packaging fucks me off. The tracklisting of the seven CDs and the Blu Ray is on a cardboard backing which isn't attached to the box. Similar to how with the Appetite super deluxe edition with the CDs and Blu Ray the tracklisting is on a piece of paper very loosely attached to it's box. It's a fucking pain trying to store both so they won't get ripped.

What'd everyone else do with them? I'm thinking the easiest thing might be to get them laminated. Thoughts?

Happy belated Birthday to you!! ☺

• Thanks 1

Happy birthday! What an amazing gift. Some of us (including me) bitched about it because we are content starved and wanted demoes too, but when you dive into it, it is truly a must- have set. Those two concerts are phenomenal; the best live albums from GNR you can get. The Ritz Blu- Ray might be the best live video of the band in existence. I think this release is the best thing the band has put out since the reunion.

I have the vinyl box and in terms of the insert, I agree. I just keep it on top of my Locked N' Loaded box in a stack of junk. I need to organize

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Happy birthday! What an amazing gift. Some of us (including me) bitched about it because we are content starved and wanted demoes too, but when you dive into it, it is truly a must- have set. Those two concerts are phenomenal; the best live albums from GNR you can get. The Ritz Blu- Ray might be the best live video of the band in existence. I think this release is the best thing the band has put out since the reunion.

I have the vinyl box and in terms of the insert, I agree. I just keep it on top of my Locked N' Loaded box in a stack of junk. I need to organize

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Fucking JB NZ has now taken 40 bucks off the price and it's only 159:99. Oh fuck it I've got it now. And for seven CDs, a Blu Ray, huge book and everything else I guess it's still a pretty good buy.

6 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Happy Birthday!

Thank you 

5 hours ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

Happy birthday love! 

I never got why they made it that shitty anyway :)

Thank you 

• Like 1

I bought Michael Jackson's Greatest Hits Boxset for about $60. I wonder if the Guns N'Roses Boxset(s) you coveted will ever go down to $60. 😀💡 On an even better note, someone said they found a Beatles Greatest Hits Boxset at a thrift store for around $12. It originally cost around $300, 25 times less! 😀💡So maybe the Guns N'Roses Boxset (s) you coveted will end up in a thrift store for around $7! 😀💡