NIGHTWISH

dally

They're cool....didnt see them when they came though....dunno why but i dont like Tarjas voice that much, me aturde, but yeah they're ok

i have a friend here thats a BIG fan and now he's trying to find out how to beat Tuomas :lol:

Edited by Paula McKagan

• 6 years later...

I dont know if nobody still cares about this band after Tarja Turunen fired from them,they are realising their new album called imaginaerum and the first single/video clip is already out called storytime.I dont like Annette Olzon on vocals much,she has a completely different voice and style fron Tarja and this is bad for the Live Concerts cause he cant even catch the operatic moments of the songs and the high notes,i saw some clips live in youtube and i have to say that i was dissapointed,she was sounded awful and weird in some songs,her style in the scene and the way she sings reminds a pop-country style that doesnt fits well to Nightwish. :unsure: :unsure: I dont know if tuomas and the other guys wanted to change so much the direction of the vocals but i think Annette was not the best choice to replace a recognizable frontwoman like Tarja.(Not that i liked much tarja high notes,the opposite,i didnt liked ever much the "aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh aaaaaahhhhh" operatic parts of Tarja..)

As for the single,video seems little shitty but song i have to say i liked it somehow,i'm curious to hear the rest of the album to judge the result.

Edited by Majestic Beast

^ Likewise, I couldn't stand Tarja's voice at all. Dark Passion Play was a fucking awesome album, Annette's voice is way more pleasing to my ears :).

I might not have been so positive about their new work, if The Poet and The Pendulum wasn't the first song on the album, I gave it one listen and about 2 mins in I was sold. Epic.

Bye Bye Beautiful, The Islander, Amaranth, etc. are all great tunes...

I saw Nightwish on the Dark Passion Play tour with a few friends who are fans. It's not exactly my style but they put on a good show and definitely have some solid songs. I think tickets were only like $20-$30 so for that price, I'd see them again just for a night out and a quality concert.

^ Likewise, I couldn't stand Tarja's voice at all. Dark Passion Play was a fucking awesome album, Annette's voice is way more pleasing to my ears :).

I might not have been so positive about their new work, if The Poet and The Pendulum wasn't the first song on the album, I gave it one listen and about 2 mins in I was sold. Epic.

Bye Bye Beautiful, The Islander, Amaranth, etc. are all great tunes...

It's all about Seven Days To The Wolves...