Axl is human after all.....

Nightcrawler

IRS is a good song, It's about as good as spectacle, better than Illegal I.....

But Vr has better songs guys. Alot of better songs.

It's just a noraml sounding song, no layered intricate sound or anything. If this song is on the album then the album will not be this epic tranformative record so many of you hope it will be and fault contraband for not being. But how could it be?

I bring up Vr because so many here slagged them for not sounding like GNR but the truth is they sound more like GNR on much of contraband than this or anything else we have heard from Axls band this must be dissapointing to alot of you. That's not an insult to Axl at all. Unlike alot of you I really thought VR put out a great hard rock album.

It's a good song, it was intresting how close the sound of this studio demo [or unmixed recording] is to the better soundboards of the other songs floating around out there of chinese democracy and madagasgar and the blues. Those songs particularly CD and Mad have a very unified sound with IRS.

I can see why the sound conflicted with what Slash and the guys were doing and why he needed a new band to get it. Or maybe it's not the sound he intened when the band disolved but instead what his new band grew into, either way it's a different sound than what Axl did in the past.

For those of you who missed the point, please begin the flaming about the comparison to Velvet Revolver.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind that this IS a demo. Which means that what youre hearing is unfinished music tracks and TERRIBLE mixing. And that is nothing but evident in this song. Nevertheless, you can hear the potential bursting out of your speakers - Which is very promising!

No. IRS is far better than something like Spectacle. And I say that as someone who absolutely fucking loves Contraband.

I'm not even going to compare it to any of the better VR songs (Slither, Sucker Train Blues, etc) because it's all so subjective, and two very different styles of music. IRS is a kickass song. That's all that matters. Good music is good music.

*waits for thread to degenerate into a HUGE flame war* :lol:

Edited by Dead Flower

Keep in mind that this IS a demo. Which means that what youre hearing is unfinished music tracks and TERRIBLE mixing. And that is nothing but evident in this song. Nevertheless, you can hear the potential bursting out of your speakers - Which is very promising!

This is an unusually tight demo, hardly a rough sketch that demos are. I understand the hope that this will somehow be transformed in production, but the basic sound is there and it's clean enough to really get a feel for it and it's a good song it's got a good riff but the lyrics it's not really the profound or relateable poem Axl used to give, his voice is very much like his live performances. I'm sure the final will sound tighter and such but it'll still be the same song, it's not going to change the song

Are you people insane? Or just lost your sense of hearing?

IRS is far better - even in its demo version - than anything VR put out. Sorry, but that's a fact.

And I can't believe some of you Slash worshippers are trying to bring Axl down and make him feel hesitant about releasing the album. Shame on you! :angry:

It's still a DEMO.

I like VR a lot, but this shits on all the Contraband demos that i've heard. :D

I didn't enjoy listening to those demos.

Those weren't demos, doug grean submited those as his versions for a shot at producing contraband as he said on his site, and Vr turned him down, wisely. He produced scotts solo album and if you listen to it you can hear his style.

IRS is far better - even in its demo version - than anything VR put out. Sorry, but that's a fact.

And I can't believe some of you Slash worshippers are trying to bring Axl down and make him feel hesitant about releasing the album. Shame on you! :angry:

Don't post much eventhough I've been around since gnronline, but I was thinking the same thing. Like Shannon Sharpe once said, "Its like comparing "Dude Where's My Car" to "Titanic." :ph34r:

Oh Madison, you get so cute when you're angry! :P

Don't post much eventhough I've been around since gnronline, but I was thinking the same thing. Like Shannon Sharpe once said, "Its like comparing "Dude Where's My Car" to "Titanic." :ph34r:

Yeah but both of them films are shite so that doesn't reach out to me :lol:

Yeah but both of them films are shite so that doesn't reach out to me :lol:

You get the point <_<

Regardless whether if it's a demo or not. The song is not that impressive.

yeah ok, then go to the VR section. buh bye

Nothing to do with VR fat man. I can appreciate good music and I'm not gonna jump on the bandwagon because I don't idolize rock stars like most of you tools do.

Wait, what are you doing here then?

Regardless whether if it's a demo or not. The song is not that impressive.

yeah ok, then go to the VR section. buh bye

Nothing to do with VR fat man. I can appreciate good music and I'm not gonna jump on the bandwagon because I don't idolize rock stars like most of you tools do.

this song is better than any vr song and it's just a demo. wait till you here the big guns

Owwwww, we hurt your feelings? :cry: