A little taste of "Better"

saint_seiya

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So how was this leaked??? Is it another IRS situation or has Merck put in on tinternet to gauge reaction or somethin? This could be very good or very bad... :unsure:

BUT, the song is fuckin awesome! ROCK ON AXL!!! rock3

Grimo.

The properties of the IRS Mp3 say 2004.. so someone is trying to tell us they are from a 2004 demo CD. My guess is the Trunk CD again.

but.. the Better MP3 says date "?"

Edited by Route66

Well,I'm sure everyone here has windows media player,correct?Well,I was just tinkering around with it.I opened up the enhancements options and flipped the balance all the way to the left and guess what?? Everything you couldn't hear because of the guitar, YOU CAN NOW! Particularly,the intro and Axl's vocals.Minus the guitar,they are as clear as hell.So yes,I realize it sounds ridiculous,but it really works.So try it,listen and respond with your thoughts.

Plus,after some doubts,I am now confident that it is indeed Axl singing the intro.

Edit: Correction: While the intro comes through as clear as day,the rythm guitar remains,but rest assured,you can actually easily make out his words,as opposed to before,when the (lead)guitar somewhat covered them up.

Ack! I'm going crazy here."Better" going on listen #20,I believe.

Edited by Estrangedfx

Alright,after a few listens minus the lead guitar,I am convinced more than ever that Axl's vocals are in terrific shape.The way he goes from the somewhat clean toned to the rasp .. Oh,it's fucking amazing.Also,would anyone like to take another shot at the lyrics.

Again,is it just me,or does it really sound like him,but in a way he's never sang before in the intro.

::laughs:: And here I (and some of you,I'm sure) thought it sounded like a woman singing.