"Catcher In The Rye" Discussion Thread

AnEskimo

That stand alongside 'My World' as the worst track Guns have ever done.

Truly bloody awful.

'The Most Dangerous Band In The World'?

:angry: shut up

its really old school english rock, but its better than any other song that Queen or Beatles have ever made.

Have you ever listened to Queen or The Beatles?

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VVV wrote:
That stand alongside 'My World' as the worst track Guns have ever done

have you never listened to TSI? :(

They were cover versions.

And if anybody honestly thinks that that song is better than the likes of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' and 'A Day In The Life', you are obviously on the same drugs Axl was on when he wrote the song.

Bohemian Rhapsody has always sucked. I only heard a good version once...it was when Axl sang on that concert and gave his tiger edge to it with his voice...otherwise than that Bohemian Rhapsody is lame mainstream, childish naive rock made mostly for children and those who have no clue...that song is yucky.

That stand alongside 'My World' as the worst track Guns have ever done.

Truly bloody awful.

'The Most Dangerous Band In The World'?

:angry: shut up

its really old school english rock, but its better than any other song that Queen or Beatles have ever made.

I have to agree with him on that one. Not the GNR I used to know. But hey, it might grow on me. A lot of tracks do after a few listens

LA

Ok what are you people smoking?

Why do you always say "its ok, it's just a demo??"

Did you hear the fucking layering! We've got a cleaned up hissy version that we can make out all the lyrics for, and the orchestration is complex, timing, everything ... all the little subtle touches like tha 'ahh, ahh's' at the intro ... all the vocal layering.

This is FAR FAR FAR from a demo.

But I guess perception is releality. Keep telling yourselves these are all demo's and they'll be much much more reworked. Let me ask you, what the fuck are they going to do? Add 5 more guitars? There's no more room in the song man. These are it. done.

Get over it and get out of your denial. I guess everyone's expectations are for something totally unrealistic. It's music people.

it's nothing special...

some guys around here are makind a fuss about every leaked track they hear... it's kinda wierd to me..

i mean, OK, they are Guns N'Roses, but they are nothing special...

VVV wrote:

That stand alongside 'My World' as the worst track Guns have ever done

have you never listened to TSI? :(

They were cover versions.

NOOOoooo..!!!! :o:rolleyes:

Covers or otherwise, TSI was a GN'R release - and not one of their better judgement calls IMO

anyway, back to the present day.......

Did you hear the fucking layering! We've got a cleaned up hissy version that we can make out all the lyrics for, and the orchestration is complex, timing, everything ... all the little subtle touches like tha 'ahh, ahh's' at the intro ... all the vocal layering.

But I guess perception is releality. Keep telling yourselves these are all demo's and they'll be much much more reworked. Let me ask you, what the fuck are they going to do? Add 5 more guitars? There's no more room in the song man. These are it. done.

Get over it and get out of your denial. I guess everyone's expectations are for something totally unrealistic. It's music people.

you dont understand anything...no one expects the drums and guitar to change and be added or whatever and make a whole new song...but the finished product always has those quality edge over it with instrument volume and the singing slightly changed in comparison.

Edited by Roses eats Lions

Bohemian Rhapsody has always sucked. I only heard a good version once...it was when Axl sang on that concert and gave his tiger edge to it with his voice...otherwise than that Bohemian Rhapsody is lame mainstream, childish naive rock made mostly for children and those who have no clue...that song is yucky.

:no:

abso.bloody.exactly

abso.bloody.exactly

I had the same argument with my boyfriend, well put, I'll show him this when he gets back.

Song is fucked up.. trying to think of a past GnR song that is so ..... fucked up. Vintage Axl if you ask me. I definetly do NOT believe that this has any potential to be a single. In our current society i dont know how i'd feel about this song being played over the radio. I think its more fucked up than Used to Love her, because at least that was a silly song, this sounds quite serious. Obviously its not Axl talking about himself, but still - its a good song to have on the CD, but not for radio.

Bohemian Rhapsody is a masterpiece,...you are a stupid shit.

Freddie was classically trained. He knew what he was doing when he made that song. He was a brilliant song writer, too bad he died too soon. I liked Queen way before Wayne's World or The tribute concert...I won't deny the hair raises I get every time I watch axl jump out on stage amidst the pyro though, very exciting. And one of Axl's best performances.

If you played an instrument, and you had any level of skill, you would start to go back in your favorite band's influences. Which is what I did after learning GNR tunes for 2 years...I started learning Aerosmith, Zeppelin, Queen, Ozzy, Hendrix....It makes you a better player, and u understand where your fav bands got their ideas.