Shredder on Nightrain

mynameisjonas

I e-mailed Richard and asked him about when Axl put the phone in his interview, and he said that was actually him playing that nightrain solo, not the new guitarist

- rainX

-------

HOLY CRAP. he's one sick player! haha, let the rumors fly that 4tus is now lead, and Izzy is the new rhythm player :P

source: http://www.thenewguns.com/board/viewtopic....dc39bd8d70b74ea

Edited by jack99

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I e-mailed Richard and asked him about when Axl put the phone in his interview, and he said that was actually him playing that nightrain solo, not the new guitarist

- rainX

-------

HOLY CRAP. he's one sick player! haha, let the rumors fly that 4tus is now lead, and Izzy is the new rhythm player :P

are you serious? :question:

on the other hand.. why not

Guest RonMexico82
Quote?

Link?

Locked? :P

UK SUBS.

Whats the difference between a mod and a supermod?

Have you wings or x-ray vision or something? :P

On topic: Didn't Axl play that clip so that we could hear the new guy?

Quote?

Link?

UK SUBS.

nahhh so we could hear em practice and play :krider:

JamesimonthenighttrainStedham.

Guest RonMexico82

Quote?

Link?

UK SUBS.

.......keep trying to tell those jokes of yours and you'll find out :xmasssanta: :kiss:

I think you're right(or at least I got the same impression), it was Axl saying "listen to my new guitarist" and all I heard was a loud nothing...

How come some of you heard it? :question:

UK SUBS.

I think it depends on which recording you downloaded. some guy tried to enhance it and if i remember correctly his enhanced version was described by one forum member as - "sounding like whales mating". :rofl-lol:

I doubt it was Fortus, has he ever even answered an email this fast? Also, even if it is him, please don't start making out he's transformed into some BH pwning guitar messiah since the last tour based on one extremely poor quality solo excerpt. Yes, it sounds like shredding, it might be the new guy, it might be Finck or Fortus but it's important not to judge they're playing from that crappy clip.

So if it is Fortus, please do not make out GnR don't need a new guitarist until we hear him properley at the shows.

There's no way you can become a virtuoso in 4 years, if Axl thinks he can get Fortus to do Buckethead's parts I'll be seriously bummed. Of course, this is all bollocks and Axl has a great new lead player.... I hope.

im not saying it is fortus but you can improve quite fast. i know someone who spent a whole summer practicing every day and went from a 'standard' guitar player into a shredder, needless to say this person makes me sick :question: then again he is a young dog

If that was Fortus playing I'm very fuckin' impressed. Although I kinda doubt that Richard would reply within 2 days. Also is he likely to boast that it was him? It just seems wierd.

But we all know that Fortus can really play so let's give it 5 days and we'll know.