Gnr fans reviews from NYC May 12 Gig

darknemus

dude, bumblefoot only had like 2 weeks to practice all those song off by heart, and you think 39 is old for a rocker, obviously u didnt know axl was 44.

and the stones are like 300!

true, i havent heard them live latley but if they sound like they are like in there 30's then they are lip sinking i would say. i think one of the guys is like 63 years old and is still rockin lol

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing.

First of all, the line to get in was about 6 or 7 blocks long. For a second, I thought my friends and I weren't getting in.

Axl and the rest were insane. I was at the 2002 MSG show and this one blew it away. Everything from the setlist to Axl's energy....it was perfect.

The new T-shirts they were selling were pretty weak IMO. I bought one because it had the four NY dates on the back, but I thought the designs were pretty terrible.

Sebastian Bach tore it up.

PS. I met some guy there who says he goes by the name Burke here on the forums. Biggest jerk I ever met.

Amazing.

First of all, the line to get in was about 6 or 7 blocks long. For a second, I thought my friends and I weren't getting in.

Axl and the rest were insane. I was at the 2002 MSG show and this one blew it away. Everything from the setlist to Axl's energy....it was perfect.

The new T-shirts they were selling were pretty weak IMO. I bought one because it had the four NY dates on the back, but I thought the designs were pretty terrible.

Sebastian Bach tore it up.

PS. I met some guy there who says he goes by the name Burke here on the forums. Biggest jerk I ever met.

Did the t-shirts have the new logo on? can you explain what the shirts looked like?

Wasn't Birk the guy who kept asking if people will share a hotel room with him in NYC?

SHIT!

I guess I'm going to sell my ticket for the Milan show!

Axl is always the same manipulator, he was riding the rumors just to create suspence and no matter the delusion coming then...

For me no SLASH = no GnR

SIGH

Noone will care of that.....just fuckoff motherfucker..... VAFFANCULO DATO CHE SO CHE SEI ITALIANO

burke doesnt seem like an asshole on the forums from what i have seen, describe the t-shirt

Overall it was an excellent show. There were some really obvious fuckups on some of the solos. I thought it was robin who was butchering the solos. Axl fucking rocked out, tons of energy excellent performance, I was only ten feet away from the guy!!!

Edited by NewRose

I will take a pic of the shirt I bought right now and post the pic.

I'm not sure who exactly Birke is, but he told me he is from Chicago. My GF and I were really cool with him and I talked to him through out "The Blue". He asked me for a smoke early in the convo and I kindly gave him one. When he asked me for another 10 minutes later and I told him I didn't have many left, he started calling me a fake fan and walked away. I didn't want to argue with the guy because I was with my GF, but it really did kill my buzz. Just a major dick.

I'm not sure who exactly Birke is, but he told me he is from Chicago. My GF and I were really cool with him and I talked to him through out "The Blue". He asked me for a smoke early in the convo and I kindly gave him one. When he asked me for another 10 minutes later and I told him I didn't have many left, he started calling me a fake fan and walked away. I didn't want to argue with the guy because I was with my GF, but it really did kill my buzz. Just a major dick.

lol, he was probaly just a bit drunk, i am sure he was just joking around.

He was clearly drunk, but that gives him no right to act like a total j/o when I was being really cool with him. I could care less about it now, but it pissed me off so bad before, I had to mention it.

BTW, here is the shirt I bought.

th.5be92f1fb5.jpg

th.9f9b236f3f.jpg

He was clearly drunk, but that gives him no right to act like a total j/o when I was being really cool with him. I could care less about it now, but it pissed me off so bad before, I had to mention it.

BTW, here is the shirt I bought.

th.5be92f1fb5.jpg

th.9f9b236f3f.jpg

Your right. That shirt design was not the best I've seen. Far lower down the scale.

I guess the official europe shirts will look alot better with the official logo on it

The logo on the t-shirt looks cool.

yeah they were "ok" also had the new logo on some, that one was pretty good, and some other with a star in the middle white and yellow, I had the best t-shirt at the concert! *FACT* everybody was looking at me and even this guy was like, is that a new t-shirt, did you get from inside(when I was in the line at about 5:20) :wub: and it was so original because my brother got it for me in Romania last month so :P ...I'll post a pic later.

Kannon.

Edited by kannon21

I was wondering how the opened the show? Did they have the weird orchestral sounds before WTTJ? Or did they open straight away with those intro noises like in Rio? Or did they just start with Axl going "You know where the fuck you are?"

Anyone?