"Tuesday" Guessing Thread

Gallagher Rose

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's coming out on one of the biggest shopping days of the year

Tues Dec 26th

dec 26th is too late to be the biggest shopping day of the year... who buys christmas presents one day after christmas?

LMAO! :rofl-lol:

I think it's gonna be released next tuesday.

ive been saying that for the last 6 years mate, never gets old

Edited by There Was A Fine

Went to Best Buy this morning to pick up the new Paul Stanley album. Checked the GNR section just to be sure. No CD there. I asked the clerk and he said nothing is showing for upcoming releases. But he said, all they would need to have CD in-store would be about 2-3 days notice. So for example, if they got the notification of CD release on a Thursday or even a Friday, they would have it in-store by the next Tuesday.

So I guess the turnaround could be that quick.

~sk

p.s. The new Paul Stanley solo CD is excellent...well worth the 28 year wait!

Went to Best Buy this morning to pick up the new Paul Stanley album. Checked the GNR section just to be sure. No CD there. I asked the clerk and he said nothing is showing for upcoming releases. But he said, all they would need to have CD in-store would be about 2-3 days notice. So for example, if they got the notification of CD release on a Thursday or even a Friday, they would have it in-store by the next Tuesday.

~sk

yeah, I was even surprised how good it is :) much better than many of KISS albums...

It's coming out on one of the biggest shopping days of the year

Tues Dec 26th

dec 26th is too late to be the biggest shopping day of the year... who buys christmas presents one day after christmas?

December 26th is one of the biggest shopping days of the year, believe it or not (maybe because everything goes on clearance?). It won't surprise me at all if that is the day. The very last Tuesday of the year. I hope it's before then.

This album will have to be HEAVILY promoted when it does get released, as it has cost upwards of $13 million to produce. I really don't think we will see this album in 2007, because the record company I'm sure will insist upon a major marketing campaign to get at least some of their investment back.

So far, there has only been a very vague tie-in with Major league Baseball and a now -pulled version of "Better" on a Harley-Davidson commercial.

This album needs talk-show appearances, major radio play, billboards, movie-tie in's, product-tie-in's (like iPod or a car company) and magazine ads/website banners.

Just saying that "There are so and so amount of Tuesday's left in 2006" will not return an investment of 13 million dollars and a wait of 15 years for new material.

When this album is going to come out, I guarantee we will all know about it....on a grand scale. Otherwise, it's professional suicide for the band, management and the record company.

This album will have to be HEAVILY promoted when it does get released, as it has cost upwards of $13 million to produce. I really don't think we will see this album in 2007, because the record company I'm sure will insist upon a major marketing campaign to get at least some of their investment back.

So far, there has only been a very vague tie-in with Major league Baseball and a now -pulled version of "Better" on a Harley-Davidson commercial.

This album needs talk-show appearances, major radio play, billboards, movie-tie in's, product-tie-in's (like iPod or a car company) and magazine ads/website banners.

Just saying that "There are so and so amount of Tuesday's left in 2006" will not return an investment of 13 million dollars and a wait of 15 years for new material.

When this album is going to come out, I guarantee we will all know about it....on a grand scale. Otherwise, it's professional suicide for the band, management and the record company.

exactly

~sk

Best Buy in Canada are doing a Stealth Marketing campaign it seems, for LTW. Neither BB of Future Shop have the CD on the website and when I asked for it specifically they had to grab it from out the back.

Let's hope the morons do a better job with Chi Dem when it comes.

~sk

Best Buy in Canada are doing a Stealth Marketing campaign it seems, for LTW. Neither BB of Future Shop have the CD on the website and when I asked for it specifically they had to grab it from out the back.

Let's hope the morons do a better job with Chi Dem when it comes.

THAT, I'm afraid to report, is the future of music retail. Now that all of the indie stores, and even Tower Records, have been gobbled up by downloading and monsters like Best Buy and Wal Mart, we no longer have well-stocked aisles of cool music full of well-informed staff who care about music.

Dark days.

• 2 weeks later...

and we can actually buy this album. i think i am at the point now that this record could suck some serious ass and i would still love it. it would be new, not AFD. i am not saying that CD will suck by any means or, that AFD is bad by any means. just wanting something new. i don't know about you but, i may be going to FYE on the 21 and hoping for the best...

What would be the best of the two Tuesdays to release Chinese Democracy based solely on competition.

What other bands might impact a successful Gunner Launch.

Nov. 14th

JAY-Z - REASONABLE DOUBT

KENNY G - I'M IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE ... THE MOST ROMANTIC MELODIES OF ALL TIME

etc...

Nov. 21st

2Pac - Pac's Life

AEROSMITH - CLASSICS LIVE

DAUGHTRY - DAUGHTRY

Jay-Z Kingdom Come

OASIS - STOP THE CLOCKS

ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA - ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA

etc...

Seems like there is less on the 14th. Check out these two links for more release dates...maybe you can find some that impact sales in the first week.

Nov. 14th - http://www.newmusictipsheet.com/page.php?id=week2

Nov. 21st - http://www.newmusictipsheet.com/page.php?id=week3

14 Nov Tuesday

...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead So Divided

The Game The Doctor's Advocate

Mya Liberation

Joanna Newsom Ys

Damien Rice 9 UK: 6 Nov

Tenacious D Tenacious D In The Pick Of Destiny OST

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

21 Nov Tuesday

Brand New The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me

Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy

Jay-Z Kingdom Come

Snoop Dogg Blue Carpet Treatment

Sufjan Stevens Songs For Christmas 5xCD

Swan Lake [members of Frog Eyes, Destroyer, Wolf Parade] Beast Moans

Tom Waits Orphans [3xCD]

http://www.metacritic.com/music/upcomingreleases.shtml

All dates are for U.S. releases unless otherwise noted. Release dates are subject to change, and often do.

Here's what i think would be best!

November 10th - Axl says the release date for CD!

November 14th - Better is released as a single + video is in heavy rotation, by then news of release date will be everywhere.

November 21st - Chinese Democracy is out!

Now that would be awsome, but very unlikely.

and we can actually buy this album. i think i am at the point now that this record could suck some serious ass and i would still love it. it would be new, not AFD. i am not saying that CD will suck by any means or, that AFD is bad by any means. just wanting something new. i don't know about you but, i may be going to FYE on the 21 and hoping for the best...

I agree. If it doesn't come out on november 2st then gnr will have officially dropped the ball. It is the best date to release this album...no sooner - no later. If it doesn't come out by then it is a safe bet that it probably will not come out at all this year. Too much money has been spent already on this album. Why blow it with poor timeing by releasing it after black friday when the Christmas rush is already underway? People will not have time to stop there holiday shopping and busy travel plans to incidentally see if it's available last minute. That's what I think.