"Tuesday" Guessing Thread

Gallagher Rose

Since when has Merck ever been a reliable source of news? "2005 is the year of guns n roses". He's full of shit as always, just a paid lap dog of Axl's. Yeah they'll drop a 13 million dollar album without any promotion into stores. Him and the gnr camp are being cryptic as always with CD...probably a tactic to keep the mystery and elusive nature of the album.

You bet your ass they are going to market the fuck out of this album. Too much money has been pumped into it to not advertise it. Even a fantastic album not marketed right will fail and be buried on the charts. GnR hasn't been around in over a decade, and they have a whole new lineup, they need all the promotion they can get.

If they really intend to release this album by the end of this year (they better or they will have lost all credibility), then I expect to see an onslaught of ads for CD very soon.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when has Merck ever been a reliable source of news? "2005 is the year of guns n roses". He's full of shit as always, just a paid lap dog of Axl's. Yeah they'll drop a 13 million dollar album without any promotion into stores. Him and the gnr camp are being cryptic as always with CD...probably a tactic to keep the mystery and elusive nature of the album.

You bet your ass they are going to market the fuck out of this album. Too much money has been pumped into it to not advertise it. Even a fantastic album not marketed right will fail and be buried on the charts. GnR hasn't been around in over a decade, and they have a whole new lineup, they need all the promotion they can get.

If they really intend to release this album by the end of this year (they better or they will have lost all credibility), then I expect to see an onslaught of ads for CD very soon.

Agreed 100%

Its such a shame that people think if they believe GnR would not promote CD that they can hold onto the thought of a surprise release.

Its harder to think it might not be a tuesday in 06

Even if management which as SS says have not had the most crdible past decided little or no promo was the way i doubt that Axl would want it that way or the lable.

No promo means CD will struggle in the charts and without a number one spot will be labled a flop by the media, record lables do not put 13 m into an album to not squeeze every fucking penny out of its release, simple facts are as far as we know the lable owns CD and they would not allow this to be done ;)

Agreed 100%

Its such a shame that people think if they believe GnR would not promote CD that they can hold onto the thought of a surprise release.

Even if management which as SS says have not had the most crdible past decided little or no promo was the way i doubt that Axl would want it that way or the lable.

No promo means CD will struggle in the charts and without a number one spot will be labled a flop by the media, record lables do not put 13 m into an album to not squeeze every fucking penny out of its release, simple facts are as far as we know the lable owns CD and they would not allow this to be done ;)

If they own it, then it would have been released by now. Axl owns it, and Axl alone. When he wishes to share it with everyone else, he will. Until that time, not even his own bandmates know what the heck he'll do.

Agreed 100%

If they own it, then it would have been released by now. Axl owns it, and Axl alone. When he wishes to share it with everyone else, he will. Until that time, not even his own bandmates know what the heck he'll do.

He may own it, but Universal is footing the bill and distributing it which means they pretty much call the shots. GOAB has it right...neither the label nor Axl is crazy enough to release this without promotion. Too many careers (Universal execs and Axl) are riding on this album to risk it.

I am really surprised that they plan to release this album this year to be honest with you. I mean apparently they are just mixing the album now and they need time to promote it and build awareness for it. I would have thought the first quarter of 2007 would have been when they were aiming to release it. But it's fuckin great that they plan to rush it to stores by the end of the year. Awesome if that is indeed what ends up happening...

This Tuesday would be nothing short of breathtaking. Given that people on the board have pointed out that the album needs to be mixed, burned to various formats, distributed worldwide, and resellers notified, then someone would know something and squeal.

The side issue on promotion is completely mystifying. Why would anyone spend $13m on an album and not promote it? Either the record company has said no more cash (unlikely), they are keeping the campaign under wraps until they have a date (possible) or they have made a monumental f**k up and genuinely are not going to do anything (unfortunately believable).

Landing an album on shelves with no promotion is fine for a low key release i.e. a live album, but for a major comeback, potential buyers (not folk signed to this forum) need a hook or reason to buy, er... like a s**t hot single and some PR excitement. Sure, the very nature of the album being released will generate a media scrum, but then people will be influenced by reactive stories from journalists and not proactive communications from the record company/ band.

This album does not need promotion, every magazine in music will run an article on it asap, if they released it like this it would make the national fuckin news of many countries! free free free promo. How much arctic monkeys did you see promoted before they hit the big time in the uk??? nill. the power of the internet my friends! this is not something that is impossible.

Also, no one could use the, oh its been hyped so much shit, cuss it wont have been! itl be released for the people to decide! we no that itl probably get slammed no matter how good it is anyway, kerrang etc have it in for axl and new gnr. Dont spend millions (cuss thats what it woudl be) on an advertising campain that may provide fuel to the critics, just quietly release, sell millions of copies to the diehards across the world, turn a steady profit and take the praise!

Theres a method behind this madness. rock1

We will know long before anybody else. I work in the inustry .There is no way they can sneak it past anybody.

Ummmhhummm.... HORESHIT.... aaaaaachewwww.

I can see why they probably dont want to do promotion. Promotion costs more money.. this is just a clever way of dealing with this..

but, we'll see..

Promotion also earns money. ;)

So do hit songs. That's all you need.

For all we know the album is already pressed and awaiting shipment to teh stores.

if it was out this tuesday it would be in the stockroom of my store by now

its not

the end

Plus it would have leaked. Didn't read the whole thread so maybe someone else mentioned it.

Edit: I mean the whole CD, I'm only aware of a few leaked tracks...

Edited by RawPower93

Here is my reasoning. Since the RS article that comes out this friday, says that CD could just be on store seleves without notice one tuesday and the tour starts next thursday, plus on jarmos board that RS article keeps getting deleted, it may be because CD will be in stores on tuesday and they (geffen) doesnt want to let the cat out of the bag. What do you think?

Why wouldn't they want people to know the album is coming out? :huh:

Geffen forked out ALOT of money for this record so you can bet they wouldn't fight any promotion at all! Would you?

people dont have to buy it straight away its not like the album comes out for only a month, once it comes out word will spread pretty quickly and before you know it CD will be No.1 album.

or maybe merck said that meaning that the word has already spread that it is rumoured to be released on 21st november and lots of people think it is been released then so there is no need to announce a release date as 21st november because that day has already got promoted from the rumours

Promotion costs more money.. this is just a clever way of dealing with this..

but, we'll see..

And the deal with MLB didn't? Isn't that a promotion option right there? They already have the outlet, just USE IT!!! :rolleyes:

Here is my reasoning. Since the RS article that comes out this friday, says that CD could just be on store seleves without notice one tuesday and the tour starts next thursday, plus on jarmos board that RS article keeps getting deleted, it may be because CD will be in stores on tuesday and they (geffen) doesnt want to let the cat out of the bag. What do you think?

Why wouldn't they want people to know the album is coming out? :huh:

Geffen forked out ALOT of money for this record so you can bet they wouldn't fight any promotion at all! Would you?

people dont have to buy it straight away its not like the album comes out for only a month, once it comes out word will spread pretty quickly and before you know it CD will be No.1 album.

Really? You don't think they want this album to become a huge record soon while they are trying to sell tickets for the CD tour? One hand washes the other and in this case, a booming record that everyone is aware of is the better way to sell concert tickets.

I know another forum member went into his local HMV to ask if there is a release date. They told him the 13th of Novenber. I did the same thing on Monday and they told me the same thing. I then and went and asked in a local record store which only has 2 branches, and they didnt have a date yet.

There is not a release date yet. I work at an independent music store and up into mid to end November there is no sign of the GNR album in sight. Axl needs to get his ass in gear to get it out this year.

Tomorrow is a TUESDAY.

In May, we didnt know the new guitarist until the first day of the Hammerstein shows.

Its a Tuesday tomorrow- the day of releases.

Its the first tour date tomorrow.

Will the record be dropped?

It wouldnt be the most unlikely thing inthe world, surely?

Then as the album news spreads like rapidfire, people will be racing to get tickets to the shows, which so far have sold slowly.

It would appear to make sense.

but then again, does GNR ever make sense?

I guess time will tell...

If they released it tomorrow it would be the best thing they could do.

But this is GNR, so the best thing they can do will never happen.

Agreed but figners crossed anyway. It would be nice for those going to the first official CD show to hear ew material from the album.

aggreed but it would be wise to not get your hopes up as i doubt they will release it

Correct, so just pick the exact opposite of what should be done and there lies our answer.