MILWAUKEE SHOW CANCELLED

pepsicoca

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sucks, but there's no way around it - Axl said that without rest the entire tour would be jeopardized, and I believe him - Get well soon, Axl.

As pissed as I am about the lack of CD, this kind of stuff happens - If the tour were to derail, then we'd really be in trouble, so I'd rather he cancel one show and rest up.

I actually think he's telling the truth this time.

I went to the Halifax show and a friend who's friends with the Trews got to hang out backstage. I didn't find out until after the show that Axl apparently almost didn't play that night due to having an ear infection. So I heard the ear infection thing the night of the Halifax show, that much is true at least.

If that's really why he cancelled this show, who knows, but the ear infection thing stands up.

:question: I'm getting sick reading these responses myself

#1) Poor Axl? Feel Better? This isn't a group therapy session - This man is not your friend - Yeah, get better and get well and re-schedule the date so the people who were looking forward to the show, get a chance to see it

# 2) I don't think it's BS, but if they didn't have such strange circumstances surrounding that Portland show,

then this would really be one of those freak occurances that happen to lots of bands on tour

# 3) It's not like the guy hasn't cancelled shows in the past or stopped an entire tour after the Garden gig in 02' - so how the hell do you expect people to NOT be worried - even a little bit

#4 ) Poor Axl? :question: Get Better? :rofl-lol: Not to sound like an insesitive prick, but the man did not lose a child here - it's a fucking ear infection!!!!!! :fuckyou:

#1) Poor Axl? Feel Better? This isn't a group therapy session - This man is not your friend - Yeah, get better and get well and re-schedule the date so the people who were looking forward to the show, get a chance to see it

# 2) I don't think it's BS, but if they didn't have such strange circumstances surrounding that Portland show,

then this would really be one of those freak occurances that happen to lots of bands on tour

# 3) It's not like the guy hasn't cancelled shows in the past or stopped an entire tour after the Garden gig in 02' - so how the hell do you expect people to NOT be worried - even a little bit

#4 ) Poor Axl? :question: Get Better? :rofl-lol: Not to sound like an insesitive prick, but the man did not lose a child here - it's a fucking ear infection!!!!!! :fuckyou:

And STREP THROAT, you moron.

Last time I had strep, I couldn't even TALK.

God, there are some real pieces of work around here.

You know, I read threads like this and it really makes me hate the Internet. People arguing from their computers.

If Axl had a stellar track record of going on stage on time, not cancelling shows, not starting riots, etc...would this even be an issue? Due to his history (and the lack of a new CD), this bashing he is getting is not without cause, even he has to realise that.

Would I be pissed if he cancelled? Yes. Would I be skeptical of his illness? Yes. The fact of the matter is the show is not happening for whatever reason, and he's brought this type of response on himself.

This has nothing to do with the release of CD or the fucking around with the fan base through vague release information or vague responses from Merck's side, so 'back off bitch'. That's another topic.

For the cancelled show: If you read the review of last night show in Chicago, it says that Axl had major problems with his voice, sometimes even no voice. So it is kind of logical that the Milwaukee show is cancelled due to illness, when we already had the first signs of ilness yesterday. I do feel sorry for the Milwaukee fans though!

Damn, it feels so good to be smarter then the rest!

What happened to Axls spirit from the UK tour. Down with low blood pressure and exhaustion, doctors tell him to cancel the show and he says "Theres no fuckin' way I'm cancelling this show".

Theres gonna be a lot of pissed people at milwaukee. They should have postponed it to a later date, no?

low blood pressure and exhaustion are different then throath pr

oblems. If you have no voice, you can't sing...you stupid fuck.

He managed to sing in Chicago. Why wouldn't they cancel that show too? Maybe because they had more ticket sales?

Fuck you, you fucking retard! A lot of artists cancell shows due to illness, so why can't Axl without being bashed? You're not a fan, you're an ass-fucked-no-good-pussy-bitch-slapped GNR hater.

So, if he's so sick, why was Chicago ok, but Milwaukee not? Answer the question fuckhead, don't go on a senseless rant when you know nothing about me.

hey

I guess you missed the part of the press release that said he saw the doctor AFTER Chicago's gig. And yes, it would be unwise to cancel a gig the size of Chicago. What's your point? Milwaukee was far from the smallest show of the tour (Estero, FL was smaller) and GNR gets a SET FEE of 200,000$ for playing regardless of ticket sales. They gain nothing from cancelling.

My friend - you're angry for no reason - Where in the above post did I say that his sickness isn't a good excuse for cancelling ? I did not , let me save you some time

What I said was his history is shaky enough to scare people and most importantly the love fest going on over the guys illness is ridiculous

Just get better and play the shows -

Why you'd call me a moron, I'm not sure - but either way before you go acting like one yourself you should read a little closer - I think :fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou:

It might be a good idea if people stopped all the personal insults :mellow:

Just because somebody disagrees with you does not mean they are a moron...

this is supposed to be a GNR fan board, there is really no need for all this bitching :no:

Hey Deuschbag - I didn't say that his illness should'nt cancel the concert

I said the get well wishes and Axl love fest from people is disgusting - yeah get better, play the shows and release the album - what do you want me to do - write the guy a Hallmark card?

People got a right to be a little skeptical, I would think

Give me your address too - I'll write you a nice card for your Strep

"God, there are some real pieces of work around here." - you said it pal :fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou:

Your point 4: Ever heard of Education, being polite?

I did!

Hey Deuschbag - I didn't say that his illness should'nt cancel the concert

I said the get well wishes and Axl love fest from people is disgusting - yeah get better, play the shows and release the album - what do you want me to do - write the guy a Hallmark card?

People got a right to be a little skeptical, I would think

Give me your address too - I'll write you a nice card for your Strep

"God, there are some real pieces of work around here." - you said it pal :fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou:

Any problem with somebody answering your posts?

Cos if you do, you better leave

You gave your opinion on others opinion, what's the problem with others giving their opinion on yours?

If he didn't read it well, in my school time, my teachers would say: "it's because you didn't make yourself clear" So Less " :fuckyou: " which in my books tend to sum up too much and too easily and start being a forum member as one can be.: educated.

People have the right to be skeptical on whatever the fuck they may want, you're nobody to tell them they're wrong if they want to believe something else.

Same, we didn't try to tell people they were thinking bad but just to be less aggressive in their bitching because a show has been cancelled.

You people seem to lose your life everytime a show gets cancelled. Hell, this is not 2002. Didn't you notice?

And if I'm wrong, well I'll be wrong, it's no big deal. I have a life!

Any problem with somebody answering your posts?

Cos if you do, you better leave

You gave your opinion on others opinion, what's the problem with others giving their opinion on yours?

If he didn't read it well, in my school time, my teachers would say: "it's because you didn't make yourself clear" So Less " :fuckyou: " which in my books tend to sum up too much and too easily and start being a forum member as one can be.: educated.

And if I'm wrong, well I'll be wrong, it's no big deal. I have a life!

Enough already - I'm not so sure I follow you - It wasn't the opinion I was responding to - go back and look please maam - The guy called me a moron - I only responded in kind

Edited by DCGNR2006

You people are fucking insane.

Do you know how bad strep throat can become if it goes untreated and without rest?

I had a base case of it my sophomore year of high school. I was sick as a fucking dog for two weeks straight - could barely talk, couldn't swallow - nothing.

Axl has to go out there and sing and perform every night. I couldn't even move for the better part of two weeks, and you want Axl to perform?

You people are fucking insane.

Do you know how bad strep throat can become if it goes untreated and without rest?

I had a base case of it my sophomore year of high school. I was sick as a fucking dog for two weeks straight - could barely talk, couldn't swallow - nothing.

Axl has to go out there and sing and perform every night. I couldn't even move for the better part of two weeks, and you want Axl to perform?

Does that mean Axl's going to miss two weeks worth of shows?!

God, I hope this is one of those mild cases of strep that only effects Axl before poorly selling concerts.

I hope not. I was being treated with antibiotics and everything and it knocked me out for two weeks. Apparently, I was close to pneumonia.

I feel sorry for the fans that were going to attend this show,the cancellation sucks. But if Axl hadn´t followed the doctor´s advice it could be worse. He better be healthy and give the best of him than being ill,make a mediocre show and put his health in danger.

I hope he recovers and that everything goes well :heart:

Axl has the potentially fatal disease many musicians face when trying to make a comeback. I think it's called Lackofticketsalesitis. This disease when combined with the common cold always results in the cancellation of a show for the good of all future shows.

Fucking funny :rofl-lol: