The Tentative Release Date of March 6th

Allen8R

It takes approximately eight weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company. For whatever reasons, it appears that it may have been mistakenly inferred by management that this time period could be condensed to three weeks. With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album. Others have made up all the other dates for their own reasons. We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date. Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. We thank you for your patience.

yes I know we haven't had one before, I know this is a first, bla bla bla.

Like I said when the Europe tour started and we first got a taste of things to come, given this bands history, it's best not to get your hopes up. that way it won't hurt as much when you get dropped.

A tentative release date by all means shoud be taken lightly and there isn't a person here who needs me to explain why...Except for maybe Kenada, he's been saying the same thing for so long i think he forgot what the words meant.

I admit it was great hearing from Axl and hearing that Merck got fired, but I had an angry laugh when I saw the "tentative" release date. Axl knows he's in a bad rut, he had to give something along those lines...Now the media will blast him for it. Hang in there Axl. And release that Fucking album allready would ya?

Lets face it, we won;t be seeing Chinese Democracy that soon

A8R

EDIT: I'll just bump this thread instead of making a new one to say all that again.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tentative is a 50/50 ....Axl wants it out, its been a difficult project to produce.

i take cancelling those january shows as a sign that his priority is to release it ASAP!

on the other hand dont be surprised if it doesnt come out at all, i mean finding a merck replacement could take more time and that also delays things, its difficult to know anything with this band

Edited by motownjunkie

Well, now i'm thrilled for March!! Great to hear a statement from the man himself!

I don;t mean to be a downer guys, but the point of this thread was to remain skeptical...expecially since it's a tentative date.

A8R

Right.

People will set themselves up for disappointment yet again if the album fails to appear in March.

Axl's own statement was "...this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a TENTATIVE release date of March 6."

He's already setting up for his next excuse when/if the release date comes and goes and there is still no album.

Well, now i'm thrilled for March!! Great to hear a statement from the man himself!

I don't mean to be a downer guys, but the point of this thread was to remain skeptical...especially since it's a tentative date.

Yeah we have to take this with a pinch of salt, its very tiresome to remain constantly skeptical, still we know what we signed up for with this "new" incarnation of guns.

I wish i could get carried away like some people here (as im sure you do too) but i guess we are the old wise heads that keep our feet firmly on the ground, however our skepticalness and patience will hopefully soon pay off, im gonna start getting truly excited when i see the single (if there's one).

I don;t mean to be a downer guys, but the point of this thread was to remain skeptical...expecially since it's a tentative date.

A8R

Right.

People will set themselves up for disappointment yet again if the album fails to appear in March.

Axl's own statement was "...this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a TENTATIVE release date of March 6."

He's already setting up for his next excuse when/if the release date comes and goes and there is still no album.

"We were in the studio putting the finishing touches on Chinese Democracy,and then Ron and Robin got this case of explosive Diarhea. When the shit hit the fan it was all I could stand, and it began to smell like really bad apples in there, and our new manager Mr. XXXXXXX was such a procrastinating fuckhead the shit didn;t get cleaned up. Our memories are scared and we couldn;t return to the studio so we had to cancel 15 more shows to spend some time with Brains new kid, who is turning 5 next year..."

A8R

Edited by Allen8R

It is good to hear a statement from Axl. Though I'm not buying the whole "tour scedule screwed up the album" excuse, it is good that we finally have a tentative date to go with. A lot is going to depend when the first single coems out. If it's mid-February, and no single, then no album til summer. If we get a song by end of January, then we should have the album by March 6.

Stupid shit screwed the album. Axl gave a date and people are still bitching. Do you know that it could be a week earlier than the stated date, it could be a week or weeks later depending on how things move. You have a target date that came directly from the man himself. That is better than anything you have heard in the past year. I guess that isn't good enough for some.

I don't mean to be a downer guys, but the point of this thread was to remain skeptical...especially since it's a tentative date.

Yeah we have to take this with a pinch of salt, its very tiresome to remain constantly skeptical, still we know what we signed up for with this "new" incarnation of guns.

I wish i could get carried away like some people here (as im sure you do too) but i guess we are the old wise heads that keep our feet firmly on the ground, however our skepticalness and patience will hopefully soon pay off, im gonna start getting truly excited when i see the single (if there's one).

agreed 100%