VIDEOGAME Thread...

Yes I would sanction it, and no I wouldn't be included in that, simply cause 1 day I'll hire you to shine my shoes.

How many times have I heard a rebuttal like that?

Nice, if we were in the 1930s?

And, you'd have my spit on your shoes, which is kinda gross.

Please, stop acting all mighty, accept yourself for what you are speck.

Irony

yuo can portray me as a chubby teenage kid

photo-18144.jpg

I think it is more how YOU portray yourself

I just built my new PC yesterday actually, can't wait to get it all configured. Anyone here played and completed Bioshock or Crysis?

Crysis is AWESOME. If you have a high enough spec video card/processor (or perhaps a physics card) try out the sandbox mode.

The physics in it is just incredible! :mellow:

didnt think much of the game though. Alough the voice that says "MAXIMUM STRENGTH" etc sounded awesome :lol:

Crysis is AWESOME. If you have a high enough spec video card/processor (or perhaps a physics card) try out the sandbox mode.

The physics in it is just incredible! :mellow:

didnt think much of the game though. Alough the voice that says "MAXIMUM STRENGTH" etc sounded awesome :lol:

I've just put in a brand new 8600 GT - that should do the trick for the moment. It is only to tide me over though. Can't wait to upgrade.

I've watched a couple of videos, and it looks awesome - although, blocky at points.

I am not narrow minded. Yes I do think I'm a god amongst men, but thats simply because 90% of this world population is completely expandable

:lol:

This thread delivers.

Yeah, it delivers incorrect splellingls ait apepropriated tiomses.

Are you a traitor? :rofl-lol:

Got a PS3 anyone know who you download Demo's?

Make sure you're connected to the internet, then go to the Playstation Store from the XMB. Once in the store, go to Games, and then Game Demos. Don't download the Folklore demo, it's the worst piece of shit ever made.

I would recommend the burnout demo, it's kinda sweet, and ofcourse Uncharted and ratchet and clank demoes.

if your into skating, skate would be a good demo, better then tony hawks, that's for sure.

Ninja guiden sigma is also cool.

i was playing guitar hero with the fellas the last day in my mates xbox, but its my game.

so anyways we are playing, one of the guys knocks over the 360, its fine. but i take out my guitar hero3 and it is totally annihilated.the 360 made loads of perfectly circular scrapes all around the dics and "disc read error" keeps coming up on the screen :( :(

Edited by Dean-16

i was playing guitar hero with the fellas the last day in my mates xbox, but its my game.

so anyways we are playing, one of the guys knocks over the 360, its fine. but i take out my guitar hero3 and it is totally annihilated.the 360 made loads of perfectly circular scrapes all around the dics and "disc read error" keeps coming up on the screen :( :(

I'm sorry for your loss, If you move the box while it's reading the disc, it does that. So have it laying down the next time ;)

Alright gotcha thanks.

Which demo's would you recommend?

It depends on what you like. They've got a buch of good demos. They're free, and they download pretty fast, so try as many as you can.

I just thought that the Folklore demo was a complete waste of time. You would walk around for 30 seconds, then have a cut scene, walk, cut scene. And the cut scenes were terrible; they had text bubbles and no voice acting. It took about 20 minutes before you encounter any actual game play.

Alright gotcha thanks.

What's your online name man?

Oh, and for some demos, I suggest downloading Burnout. Also, Resistance: Fall of Man. It's a pretty big demo and it's still fun as Hell to play. Other than that, there aren't many good demos on there right now. :(

Guest Jack_the_ripper
Alright gotcha thanks.

It depends on what you like. They've got a buch of good demos. They're free, and they download pretty fast, so try as many as you can.

I just thought that the Folklore demo was a complete waste of time. You would walk around for 30 seconds, then have a cut scene, walk, cut scene. And the cut scenes were terrible; they had text bubbles and no voice acting. It took about 20 minutes before you encounter any actual game play.

Sounds like Dirge Of Cerberus :P

anyways, I've always been a fan of burnout... and the new 1 looks particularly great, and was great fun to play... if I ever pick up a ps3 as a blu-ray player, I might just pick this up along with a hockey game.

I'm sorry for your loss, If you move the box while it's reading the disc, it does that. So have it laying down the next time ;)

i kind of got lucky.

my friend owns a dvd shop.

he has a machine that fixes scratched discs.

stuck it in and the disc was as good as new.

thanks the lord, that game cost €100

i kind of got lucky.

my friend owns a dvd shop.

he has a machine that fixes scratched discs.

stuck it in and the disc was as good as new.

thanks the lord, that game cost €100

The game itself only cost $50-60. ;)

Who here has got a PS3? Gimme your Network Name.

I received an XBOX 360 over the holidays, and man I'm really loving this thing. With the console, I got Halo 3 and Madden08. Both of these are excellent games, and I recommend them to those of you who like the first-person shooter (Halo 3) or you're an American football fanatic (Madden08). I'm questioning it's reliability since over half of my friends' XBOX 360s have broken already, but the setup is just fantastic.

The only downfall with the XBOX 360 (besides it's possible unreliability) is how you need to pay for XBOX LIVE, I hard the PS3 offers free online gaming which really disappoints me in a way. I won't be switching to the PS3 anytime soon because I never really liked my PS2 anyway.

My cousins got a Wii, and being a N64 fan I was pissed how they switched to motion sensor controllers. I never even liked the GameCube nearly as much as the N64 to begin with, so I'm not looking into the Wii at the moment. The N64 was amazing, I was hooked on Mario Kart, Super Mario 64, Goldeneye07 (or something along those lines), Super Smash Bros etc. But I don't know how the Wii can go back to that stage, especially with the motion remote. I just don't like it, maybe I just like the traditional controllers better.

Oh well, now I got to wake up tomorrow...finish some project and head over to the video store to spend $100 on a wireless adapter for XBOX LIVE... <_<

oh dear, but i think its either game or gamestation that put damaged discs into a machine & it repairs them for you, i dont think it costs alot, get your friend to pay

Warner Bros. dumps HD DVD, goes solely Blu-ray.

This could prove to be the final nail in the coffin for the HD-DVD format. Looks like sony take this one.

nope, your forgetting that paramount ditched blu-ray to go HD-DVD if anything, it equals out.

Warner going Blu-Ray is a bigger blow than Paramount going HD-DVD.

And besides, Paramount were bribed to go with HD-DVD by Microsoft. $130 million, wasn't it?

Blu-Ray Exclusives

Warner Bros.

Disney (Buena Vista)

Fox

Lionsgate

MGM

Sony Pictures

HD-DVD Exclusives

Paramount

Universal Studios

Also, all Spielberg films that are under Paramounts name are not set to be released on HD-DVD, but on to Blu-Ray.

And with rumours going around that Paramount are regretting what they did, It's safe to say that HD-DVD is going to lose pretty soon.

Blu-Ray is most definately winning - from a retailer's point of view, I know that next to nobody is buying HD-DVD and that Blu-Ray players are selling far more strongly. I still advise people to wait on purchasing a player, mostly because the Blu-Ray players on the market are still really slow to load up and they glitch a lot. In 6-12 months time things will have improved, but it's worth holding off for now.

Blu-Ray is most definately winning - from a retailer's point of view, I know that next to nobody is buying HD-DVD and that Blu-Ray players are selling far more strongly. I still advise people to wait on purchasing a player, mostly because the Blu-Ray players on the market are still really slow to load up and they glitch a lot. In 6-12 months time things will have improved, but it's worth holding off for now.

very true what you said but the main reason Blu-Ray is selling more is due to the PS3

very true what you said but the main reason Blu-Ray is selling more is due to the PS3

You're right, but i'm talking about the standalone players themselves - not the discs.