VIDEOGAME Thread...

Picked up

WET

RE5

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

looking forward to that one. Will probably get it this weekend.

A little buggy and overall too similar to MUA1, but the fusion powers a cool addition and it's fun beat 'em up if you dig the Marvel universe. They do gotta do some re-inventing for the next release though to make things fresh.

Speaking of re-inventing, has anyone played Need For Speed: Shift? Had all but given up on that franchise given how mediocre(at best) the past several releases had been, but Shift getting some very strong reviews. EA and developer, Slightly Mad Studios, getting lots of props for blending NFS' traditional arcade style with a more realistic sim.

Would love to hear feedback on this game...

I'm borrowing it from a friend tomorrow, so I'll let you know how I find Shift tomorrow :)

Awesome, much thanks...

Picked up

WET

RE5

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

looking forward to that one. Will probably get it this weekend.

A little buggy and overall too similar to MUA1, but the fusion powers a cool addition and it's fun beat 'em up if you dig the Marvel universe. They do gotta do some re-inventing for the next release though to make things fresh.

Speaking of re-inventing, has anyone played Need For Speed: Shift? Had all but given up on that franchise given how mediocre(at best) the past several releases had been, but Shift getting some very strong reviews. EA and developer, Slightly Mad Studios, getting lots of props for blending NFS' traditional arcade style with a more realistic sim.

Would love to hear feedback on this game...

I'm borrowing it from a friend tomorrow, so I'll let you know how I find Shift tomorrow :)

Awesome, much thanks...

Won't be getting it until Monday now unfortunately, but I'll let you know then :P

My friends got the Firefight Vidmaster for ODST without me. Took them 2 hours and 30 mins.

I beat it on legendary the other day, was very boring on the second run. Firefight makes up for it though, I just started playing it alot yesterday. Achievements give you something to work for.

For a Halo game it's a disappointment, it should have still been labeled an expansion.

My friends got the Firefight Vidmaster for ODST without me. Took them 2 hours and 30 mins.

I beat it on legendary the other day, was very boring on the second run. Firefight makes up for it though, I just started playing it alot yesterday. Achievements give you something to work for.

For a Halo game it's a disappointment, it should have still been labeled an expansion.

I thought the fact that it's called Halo 3 : ODST showed it to be an expansion, rather than something like Halo Reach.

Epic Mickey is the working title for an upcoming video game designed by Warren Spector. The game is being developed by Junction Point Studios and is described as a steampunk title. Information from an online resume of Tony Pulham, a concept designer for the game, reveals that the game is expected for the Wii. No information about the game's release on other consoles has been given. Concept art for the game by Fred Gambino and Gary Glover depicts a "surrealistically bizarre" look at Disney characters and locations. Featured in the concept art are postapocalyptic renditions of Goofy, Spaceship Earth, Epcot, and Cinderella's Castle. No official announcements regarding the game have been made. The October edition of Game Informer has a teaser advertisement regarding this title, saying an "epic" game will be accompanying the magazine's November redesign. The picture of the cover has a ink-blot sketch of Mickey's head.

^ From Wikipedia (look up "Epic Mickey").

http://wii.ign.com/articles/100/1008697p1.html

http://wii.ign.com/articles/102/1028584p1.html

Epic-Mickey-Looking-More-Real-More-Amazing.jpg

beetleworx-5.jpg

Mytane_4a7c1fbbe555c.jpg

More images are on Google Images, just type in "Epic Mickey".

“Epic Mickey” is what it's called, but there's not a lot of info out there, just those pictures and a tiny bit of info on the story; a bunch of old Disney forgotten characters are pissed at Mickey for being famous and try to kill him. I lot of people think the leader of this group is going to be Oswald the Lucky Bunny, who Mickey was actually based off of way back when.

I saw this on another site (a post, not an article), so I don't know how accurate it is.

This game looks cool. :lol:

http://www.shacknews.com/screenshots.x?gal...=7801#img138481

^ More pics.

People are saying this is looking like some kind of Kingdom Hearts 3... I'm hoping this isn't the case. :(

Edited by LightningBolt

I thought the fact that it's called Halo 3 : ODST showed it to be an expansion, rather than something like Halo Reach.

Yeah I agree it was always labelled an expansion.

I am dreading the Firefight Vidmaster though. I mean its gonna be epically hard. As was the Vidmaster for doing the last level on Legendary with Iron Skull and without Warthog and Scorpion. However Rockets with 998 Ammo spawn which is awesome.

My most anticipated games right now are Max Payne 3, Modern Warfare 2, and Half-Life 2: Episode III (seriously, what's taking so bleepin' long?!).

I got the new Batman game. Thought the first half was amazing, but then it sort of becomes too repetitive, and the bosses become increasingly monotonous and silly. (Killer Croc was the worst.) I felt like a lot of the unique stuff came at the front and then it devolved into standard arcade superhero-game fare (probably would have been better without predictable "bosses" -- or they should have stuck with more clever ones like the Scarecrow sequences). I think it's very good, but flawed, and I hope the follow-up delivers a bit more...

My most anticipated games right now are Max Payne 3, Modern Warfare 2, and Half-Life 2: Episode III (seriously, what's taking so bleepin' long?!).

I got the new Batman game. Thought the first half was amazing, but then it sort of becomes too repetitive, and the bosses become increasingly monotonous and silly. (Killer Croc was the worst.) I felt like a lot of the unique stuff came at the front and then it devolved into standard arcade superhero-game fare (probably would have been better without predictable "bosses" -- or they should have stuck with more clever ones like the Scarecrow sequences). I think it's very good, but flawed, and I hope the follow-up delivers a bit more...

Good call on Half-Life 2: Episode III

I thought the idea of episodic content was to release shorted games in a quicker time scale.

I can only hope that as the development time has been alot longer we get a much longer and epic game more to the length of the original Half-Life or Half-Life 2

I thought the idea of episodic content was to release shorted games in a quicker time scale.

I can only hope that as the development time has been alot longer we get a much longer and epic game more to the length of the original Half-Life or Half-Life 2

Sounds an awful lot like Zero Punctuation's review.

Sounds an awful lot like Zero Punctuation's review.

Good call on that nd I did get it from there. main problem is Episode 1 was released about 18 months after Half-Life 2. Then Episode 2 ws about 2 years after that. But now its been two years atleast without any real details for Episode 3