VIDEOGAME Thread...

So I've downloaded the demo for WET.

I may rent that game. Looks like they brought a fresh prospective to the 'run-and-gun' genre.

It's like Stranglehold (John Woo game) but it's more like Tarantino movie with surf rock soundtrack.The demo is good value, you can see that it moves along pretty quick. Basically an arcadey gangster/grind house movie. It's not next gen it's just a fun game.

Edited by wasted

I'm playing resident evil 5

so far it's pretty good :thumbsup:

I got stuck and haven't touched it since

I couldn't get into it. Found the controls and camera horrendous.

Some games are intuitive but it isn't, shame because i had really high hopes for it, normally i would soldier on but like you it just didn't seem worth it.

Has anybody played Arkham Asylum yet, i was considering getting it?

I'm one of the few people that prefer the controls and cameras this way. If you want to see bad controls/camera, play the first 3 Resident Evils. Resident Evil went from survival horror to action-adventure. Right now, the only thing keeping RE5 somewhat survival-horror related is the controls and the menu system. I suppose if you're used to the running/gunning of Halo, CoD, Killzone, etc. having to stop to shoot might be a hindrance. But for me, it's one of the few things keeping RE5 from being just another generic shooter.

Some games are intuitive but it isn't, shame because i had really high hopes for it, normally i would soldier on but like you it just didn't seem worth it.

Get it, I haven't met a singel person who has played it that didn't like it. You can tell that the development team enjoyed making the game, everything and I mean everything is so polished and well done. The combat is intuetive, the stealth is just right and the combination between them is very well paced. The storyline is exeptionally fun and well told, with a very well played joker (mark hamill). It will most likely go down as game of the year for alot of gamers.

Definitely get Arkham, it's a Hell of a ride.

Haven't heard anything bad about it yet, however if I had to pick its worst quality, I'd say the replay value isn't amazing.

First I finished it on easy, but becouse I loved it so much and didn't get the "biggest bang" trophy, I set out and finished it on hard right after. Didn't regret for a second.

After that you have some challanges, but they are pale compared to the full game.

Haven't heard anything bad about it yet, however if I had to pick its worst quality, I'd say the replay value isn't amazing.

First I finished it on easy, but becouse I loved it so much and didn't get the "biggest bang" trophy, I set out and finished it on hard right after. Didn't regret for a second.

After that you have some challanges, but they are pale compared to the full game.

I just got it this week and am loving every minute of it.

I must admit I am finding some of the angles a little annoying

the girl plays stupidly so I give her all the non upgraded weapons

I've finished all the other RE's so it's pretty easy for me

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Picked up

WET

RE5

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

looking forward to that one. Will probably get it this weekend.

A little buggy and overall too similar to MUA1, but the fusion powers a cool addition and it's fun beat 'em up if you dig the Marvel universe. They do gotta do some re-inventing for the next release though to make things fresh.

Speaking of re-inventing, has anyone played Need For Speed: Shift? Had all but given up on that franchise given how mediocre(at best) the past several releases had been, but Shift getting some very strong reviews. EA and developer, Slightly Mad Studios, getting lots of props for blending NFS' traditional arcade style with a more realistic sim.

Would love to hear feedback on this game...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Picked up

WET

RE5

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

looking forward to that one. Will probably get it this weekend.

A little buggy and overall too similar to MUA1, but the fusion powers a cool addition and it's fun beat 'em up if you dig the Marvel universe. They do gotta do some re-inventing for the next release though to make things fresh.

Speaking of re-inventing, has anyone played Need For Speed: Shift? Had all but given up on that franchise given how mediocre(at best) the past several releases had been, but Shift getting some very strong reviews. EA and developer, Slightly Mad Studios, getting lots of props for blending NFS' traditional arcade style with a more realistic sim.

Would love to hear feedback on this game...

I'm borrowing it from a friend tomorrow, so I'll let you know how I find Shift tomorrow :)