VIDEOGAME Thread...

playing MGS3 AGAIN, i hate the long summer wait of no good games(besides batman) :( roll on november

I'm in the middle of my first playthrough of MGS and so far, I'm liking it. It doesn't quite live up to the hype that surrounds the series, though. Hopefully 2 and 3 will be better.

the first was brilliant in its time. i personally rank the third and fourth as being the best. but the second was good too, just the story was too confusing for me at first

PS3 junkies, is inFAMOUS worth it? Looks pretty cool, but any replay value?

It's a great game. If you played the demo, forget about the demo, the game is much better then the demo. I was really sceptical about the game, but I borrowed it from my brother and I played trough it pretty quickly. (not becouse the game is short, but becouse it was so awesome that I couldn't put it down.) After I finished it I played trough it again as Evil, much fun there. Definetly alot of replay value there. I still have to play trough one more time just to get the Hard finish trophy.

It's actually a great game all over if you like the exploring third person action games. My girlfriend who until that point mostly played PSN titles like Flower, Flow, Flock etc picked up inFamous and got hooked. She has now more trophies then me on that game and she has been obsessing over how fun and addicting it is to play.

So would I recommend the game. Yes, I would. The story is kinda bizarre, but good.

I bought Need for Speed Shift today for PS3. So far it's shaping up to be a really good game. I was actually considering Forza 3 for my Xbox, but it has some truble reading DVDs. I also wanted more trophies, so a PS3 racing game was needed, and since GT5 is next spring, there is quite the gap that needed to be filled. Seems like NFS Shift is just that game. Tried the demo and like it, the full game offers so much more. The controles are fun but not to arcade. The graphics and especially the sound is brilliant. The loud roar from the engine is fantastic. The levelsystem and stars works well. Looking forward to dig deeper into this game.

PS3ers, is inFAMOUS worth it? Looks pretty cool, but any replay value?

its a good game. there is replay value because its one of those games where your decissions effect the games outcome(mostly just the story)

however the bad guys in the game get very annoying

What a fucking rip off FIFA '10 is. It's exactly the same as the '09, just that the teams are updated.

NHL '10 on the other side, is the best game ever done! So very much better than NHL '09.

I can definately see where you are coming from but with this generation of consoles they can only improve year to year so much. From what I have heard about the game it is better than 09 but it isnt worth paying for it if you have 09 already.

I think 10 is a lot different. Passing and movement is far better. They can only tweak it so much from year to year anyway.

wanna buy Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising on friday for ps3, but i'm worried the ps3 version will suck. would i be better off getting the 360 version?

although because vista won't let you connect to xbox live through your laptop, i won't be able to play it online :(

and opinions?