VIDEOGAME Thread...

:lol:

Anyway, I'm liking it a lot. Just passed the part where you

drop the chandelier through the floor
. I would be farther but I went to my friends house last night and took the game with me and I let his step dad play rather than myself since I'll have more time than him.

Also, anyone else find themselves playing the game through Detective Vision at least 70% of the time?

probably about 50% for me

I've never played Guitar Hero 5, but between The Beatles game and Arkham Asylum, I feel I had more fun with Arkham Asylum. The Beatles game is great if you like the music, and pretty darn fun as well, but it doesn't stack up against Rock Band 2, with much less variety in songs, difficulty, and replay value. Arkham Asylum was fantastic and was the perfect combo of an action game, adventure game, and stealth game. Both very good games, though.

Should I buy Arkham Asylum, Guitar Hero 5 or Rock Band: Beatles?

I got the first Gears of War game relatively cheap and was surprised by how it seems more 'cinematic' than the sequel. The sequel had better online play, but I'm enjoying the main campaign for the first game much more.

Depends. If you only give games like Arkham a one-time play through and don't go for all of the extra stuff like Trophies/Achievements, then rent it. If you do go for things such as that, then buy it.

I can't say anything about the other games because I haven't played them yet. But I'd probably go with whichever has more content.

Should I buy Arkham Asylum, Guitar Hero 5 or Rock Band: Beatles?

I got the first Gears of War game relatively cheap and was surprised by how it seems more 'cinematic' than the sequel. The sequel had better online play, but I'm enjoying the main campaign for the first game much more.

AA has more replay value.

GH5's only downfall is the setlist.

Rockband Beatle's although fun will become boring fast because of how easy it'll be to play the Beatle's song as opposed to say like Megadeth.

Syd Barrett stuff, yes?

Interstellar Overdrive? Pick Up Thy Steathoscope and walk?See Emily Play? Lucifer Sam? Apples and Oranges? Candy and a Current Bun? Astronomy Domine?

If Harmonix (makers of Rock Band) picks up the project (if there really is a project, that wasn't really a confirmation), then they'll most likely span the career and take bits from each album.

Pearl Jam's new album, Backspacer, will be available to download for Rock Band this week, making Pearl Jam the first band with two downloadable albums in the game. If you buy a special edition for Target you get a code to redeem for this download.

http://www.target.com/Pearl-Jam-Limited-Ro...d/dp/B002M3KDXC

Edited by LightningBolt

Left 4 Dead 2 Banned in Australia.

Ridiculous. We're going to become the censorship capital of the world before long... ok, slight exaggeration, but the fact that they still won't give us an R 18+ classification for games is getting ridiculous.

I still have to play the first left 4 dead

but after that I'll try and get my hands on left 4 Dead 2

Edited by ThinkAboutYou